NEW BFG UTV tire

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
BFG just announced a new UTV tire. It is similar the brand new 35" class 10 tire but it comes in 30" diameter. I have tested it with BFG and it is unreal. Jagged X is testing them at tomorrows Baja 500.

This is a game changer. Trust me!

https://www.jacksonmotorsportsgroup.com/beat1301/

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Very Nice! I know many of the limited buggy classes have been asking BFG to make this tire in a 33" too.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
With BFG committing to build a 30 inch tire, I wonder what the future is going to be for increasing the tire size in the 1900 class? I several (Me Included) think the tire size needs to be increased. Some did not think so but have changed their minds in recent with the UTV class starting in their corrected position within the car ranks. And then some still think 30 inch is fine. IMO tire size is what is holding this class back.

Glad to see a true automobile tire manufacture getting behind the UTV movement though. This actually says allot about the UTV industry and racing.

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
I tested a combination of five different constructions and compounds of the new BFG tire plus the KM2's for reference. The top three are amazing. I am not just saying that, because I honestly have zero affiliation with BFG other than running their tires (that we paid for...KM2's) for the last few seasons. The tires that Brandon and Keith are running tomorrow in Baja are 5-10 mph faster in literally all sections versus the old KM2. Again, you might think I am joking but I am not. They are that good. Todd...we will get larger O.D. tires, but it will take time and it will take the racers getting control back of the class.

Last edited:

Airbus899

May 11, 2015
They look Awesome. How much do these bad boyz weigh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
I think 6 lbs less than a KM2. Don't know the exact weight, sorry.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I need these, my UltraCross's are getting old, I've had them for 4 months now........

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Price will be announced soon and YES you will for the first time ever be able to buy a tire right here on UTVUG. It will be a Walker Evans Racing / BFG wheel tire combo that we will sell as the first of what will be many UTVUG Approved Products.

This BFG was many months in the making. When we first were approached about this tire by Jackson & BFG last year we got extremely excited. They did a lot of homework, listened and learned from many experts in the industry. What they produced is a fantastic product that will not only hold up to abuse but work well while doing it and of course looking good in the process.

There are a lot of great tires on the market, a lot, and this new KR2 is just another bad ass product for our ever evolving sport.

See more at http://www.utvunderground.com/bfgoodrich-utv-tire-announced-29189.html

Reactions: dezertBandito

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000