Polaris New Air Cleaner For RZR 900

Nov 26, 2013
Advanced Air Cleaners has developed a new Air Cleaner System for the RZR 900!! We are using the same filter design that has successfully been ran for the last 20 years in Baja!

Through same day Dyno testing at Alba Racing on the same vehicle, our Air Cleaner gained 2.2 HP over the stock Air Cleaner System. The vehicle we tested has zero motor modifications and a stock exhaust system.

Here is a link to the write up on our website about our system.
http://www.advancedaircleanersystems.com/RZR_900_Air_Cleaner_write_up.pdf

We have also made custom Air Boxes that put the filter up in the bed of the vehicle.

Nov 26, 2013
Here is a Air Filter system we are making for a customer that has a 4-Seat Jagged X RZR 900. On this system we are having the filter come out of the bed instead of coming out above the rear tire. The 8" X 12" filter we are using produces 475 CFM. This filter will produce more than enough CFM for the RZR even when it has 50% life left. One filter should last a full season or even years depending on how much the vehicle is driven.

View attachment 11384

View attachment 11385

View attachment 11386

View attachment 11387

View attachment 11388

The parts are out being powder coated currently. When we get them back, we will post pictures of the finished product.

Attachments

bonesguy

Jul 11, 2010
Upland, CA
question and don't get mad.. but why wouldn't someone just buy the UMP filter for $500?? same concept and less than half the cost? after all.. they have been doing this for years?

Nov 26, 2013
question and don't get mad.. but why wouldn't someone just buy the UMP filter for $500?? same concept and less than half the cost? after all.. they have been doing this for years?
UMP has been around a long time. In fact, our owner, Jeff Howe worked for UMP for 10 years and helped develop the Air Cleaners in 1985. Back then, they were making Air Cleaners for VW motors. Those motors didn't require a lot of air flow to the motor.
Jeff took the UMP Air Cleaner design and simply made it flow more. We run a 4" opening to the motor and installed holes in the housing to increase air flow. A UMP 8X12 Air Cleaner produces 236 CFM where our 8X12 Air Cleaner produces 475 CFM.
For the RZR Air Cleaners, we put in velocity stacks and kept the 4" opening all the way to the Air Box at the motor. This creates zero air restriction to the motor. We dyno tested our system on a stock RZR and it increased 2.2 HP over the stock Air box. The testing was done on the same day with the same vehicle by Nate at Alba Racing. He also said the UMP Air Cleaners produced 2 HP less than the stock Air Cleaner.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I’m assuming you guys welded in the velocity stacks into the Plenum box? What are you doing to keep the stacks from moving while welded? The last plenum box I looked at with that design the velocity stacks and throttle bodies didn’t line up. At that point there is no point making bitchen Stacks if the air flow can be disrupted at the meet up point.

kennyo15

Paramount Motorsports / Black Rhino - UTVUndergrou
Aug 19, 2009
Alpine, CA
This is a great filter system. I bought one for my xp900 4 seat and Black Rhino also became a dealer for these.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000