my 85 yota rockcrawler project

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
MIke - any reason you didn't run coil-overs?

yes, i bought the AllPro extreme suspension kit that will give me 21" of wheel travel, and thats all i will need. besides cost of link material and ends were 2x what a leaf spring complete system was.

i did not want to re-invent the wheel. my last crawler ended up fabricating everything and i didnt drive it much.

KISS on this build.

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
gotcha...I'll hook you up with some guys to "break" it in. My buddy is finishing up his crawler for next weekend.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
ok the weather cooled down here in HE double hocky sticks enough to work in thegarage again. i made mounts for my CO2 tank, spare tire, cooler, toolbox, and highlift jack. just need to weld a tab on for my CB antenna and rough up the bed so when i spray bedliner on it it will stick good. also i bought a tube of body panel caulking to make all of the bed seams sealed water tight.

here are this weekends progress pics

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i stayed home from work today to get this darn Toyota bed completed. roughed up the new sheetmetal, seaed the joints, rattle can sprayed the outside of the bed and sprayed in the bedliner. pretty easy to spray the bedliner stuff but it sure makes an overspray mess. color came out lighter than i wanted but oh well it on there now.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Yep.. I need to learn a few trades.. this project looks like a great way to keep busy and have fun with an end result. Nice work.

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
Looks like most of the pix are blue (?)s now. Email me a few of how it currently sits and a list of whats left to get it on the trail. [email protected]

Dirtdaddy

Feb 17, 2010
Love the Toyota's my son and I have two going. One in the shop has a EFI small block and Rockwells on 44's under a 86 4runner and the other is a 85 bobbed short box waiting for new power.

mosslager

Nov 4, 2009
This would be a killer Ocotillo rig once finished. Very tempting but I just have no room for a 4th car at my condo, especially a project.... I need to move.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000