Mint 400 side bet

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN
Sims finished physically first but also had a minute of corrected time on Lambert also.
I doubt sims knew he had them covered by a minute when he helped push it across, different classes I know but the overall is big bragging rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillyRacing

Mar 17, 2015
I am not sure exactly what or which racer you are referring to. My comment was directed towards Johnny's unfortunate day that never really got started. I read he didn't have 4wd and only a few miles out from the start broke both back axles and was pretty much dead in the water.

My statement was directed at how the ecu that was put in burnetts car at the world championship tech also magically didn't have 4wd. Were the ecus swapped at tech yesterday before the race? If so I would think that the supplied ecu in Johnny's car could have been the problem with no 4wd

Not exactly sure what you were trying to insinuate with your comment.
Everyone runs there same ECU from previous races as they r marked and given back to the specific car during tech at next race

Reactions: facteryfmf

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Don't take the bait. The people who know, know you're a great person and competitior. Leave it be.
Amazing show of sportsmanship.....I wasn't even aware there had been a problem until I went looking for the rest of my teammates and found them by irc booth. That's when I heard the story

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Don't take the bait. The people who know, know you're a great person and competitior. Leave it be.
Question wasn't about Brandon's character at all it......not sure why u would go there. It was a legit question about the rules and nothing more. His explanation cleared up a lot of questions and I don't think anyone would have a problem with pushing 50 yards. BITD has often changed the rules or applied them in ridiculous ways so nothing new there.

However, seems to me if your just 50 yards to the finish at that point you insist on finishing without help. Exactly what I did at Parker. BITD tried to help us push it across but I wouldn't let them....people and competitors reading this get that.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Not to take anything away from Brandon or Justin both ran great races and I don't think 50 yards effected anything. However I've heard a lot of people comment they wish they would just stick to the rules and stop with the executive decisions and exceptions to the posted rules. I guarantee you in a Pure race your not getting a free pass. Score doesn't have many rules just get the car to the finish line.

BITD should only be involved in or make decisions during the race to address real safety issues not advance any racers position......50 yards or 70 miles makes no difference Imo

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
Everyone runs there same ECU from previous races as they r marked and given back to the specific car during tech at next race

that may be what you read on the forums, or have heard. but i have been there with many teams that clearly had different issues from Parker to World Championship. they may be THEIR original ECU but the ECUs are getting reflashed to the stock latest flash from polaris after they are confiscated. you may get YOUR ecu back but that dont mean its 100% as perfect and proper as you wished, nor does it mean your machine will run the same as it did the last race. we proved that to be true with Burnetts ecu not working properly after tech at World Championship. only found out friday night out testing. we were allowed to swap ECUs with PEAK powersports for a brand new OEM ecu as they supply everyone else and the 4wd worked. the guys at PEAK also installed Marcs ecu supplied to him on their daily driver 4 seater and confirmed it was the ECU was bad because the 4wd that was working, did not work after they installed Marcs ECU in their 4 seat backup car.

So just because you assume you are getting your ECU back at tech, dont mean you actually get YOUR ecu back you had the last race. I know for a fact Johnny wouldnt have loaded his rig on the trailer Thursday morning to head to vegas if his 4wd wasnt working. my bet is that his newly supplied ECU at tech had a 4wd glitch just like the one Marc was supplied before WC. I am no mind reader, and i clearly wasnt there, but i can tell you from experience that the ECUs are getting reflashed with the "latest greatest" flash directly from polaris after they were pulled. clearly there are some glitches in this system and it seems that this issue is what cost johnny a DNF.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
The only way to legitimately diagnose your machine is you have to find a place to go run it after tech and see if it's running right. Otherwise it's a gamble, you may pull up to the line and end up with a machine that runs like ass and gives you a DNF.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
The only way to legitimately diagnose your machine is you have to find a place to go run it after tech and see if it's running right. Otherwise it's a gamble, you may pull up to the line and end up with a machine that runs like ass and gives you a DNF.
Hmmm. Never seen an ecu reach back and break 2 axles in half.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
I ran up to the BITD official that was waving the checkered flag and asked if I could help push Cognito to the finish, she replied yes so I ran over to Cognito and helped them push it. According to the BITD official I asked it was perfectly legal
Awesome job and awesome sportsmanship the class needs more of this , and don't worry about Felix he must need his weekly dose of attention on UTVunderground again

Reactions: JoeyD23

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
There is not a whole lot of power to be gained by flashing the ECU without getting more fuel from changing the injectors. You can raise fuel pressure but that's not a good way to do it and is easy to check. Besides reflashing is cheap, easy and some things can be improved. Changing the ECU is a huge waist of time and money.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Adam BITD puts on an awesome race and you pay thru the nose for it buys it's also the most clusterfucked organization I've ever seen public or private in how they manage the rules......specifically the lack of foresight into the ramifications and implementation of the rule making process across the board. Many of the rules are pretty outrageous given the fact they can make your race or potentially break your race. When you entered the turbo class you should have considered how fucked up the rules might turn out to be. If they started a pink car class with 31" tires and a $5000 pay out I'd be concerned I'd lose to a chartreuse car with 33" tires that Casey considered to be pink and the tire measured without tread.

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
and Adam is correct when we flipped on the 4wd switch at the starting line we had no 4wd and we had no issues in testing the days before the race with the ECU we had in the car !! I will be contacting BITD and Cory about the problem

Reactions: JoeyD23

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Awesome job and awesome sportsmanship the class needs more of this , and don't worry about Felix he must need his weekly dose of attention on UTVunderground again
That's funny Staggs your not mad about the bet I hope......because when we were staging out of the blue a guy walked up to me said "good luck George...you don't know me but I read all that shit that you post and your the only one who isn't part of the clique or a wanna be" says it straight up. . Caught me off guard didn't really know what to say but I think there are a lot of intelligent people that see thru the bullshit and self promotion so for every back slapper theres a hundred saying that's not racing that's fucking bullshit let the winner push their own damn car across the finish line.....too exhausted? Lambert is no pussy he could have gone the 50 yards. Villarreal stopped in the beginning of the race to help a car that was in his class gave up several positions in the process all within the rules.....that's sportsmanship.

You can say it's a minor technicality if you want but no one will agree that after you cross the finish line your still a part of the race...lip stick on a pig! Anymore than they agree "lending assistance" means towing on the highway for 70 mi to start a race....more lipstick! So again I'm calling bullshit on the absurd interpretation of the rules and the simple solution is get rid of the rule. BITD has no business advancing racers positions or authorizing others to do it. Assistance for purposes of safety ok but nothing advances a car more than pushing it across the finish line. Just saying......Put your hand on my car even in 20 something place I'll fucking bite your arm off like I almost did to BITD guys at Parker and they backed off. So anyone who can't understand starting and finishing a competition on your own power be it manpower or whatever doesn't know the significance and principle of that especially in first place then I can't dummy it down enough for you sorry.

I guess I'm not getting into the "cool guy" club again this year?

Reactions: crazywatson

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Nope me either. But without 4wd, the first jump you land under power and all your power is only going to the two rear axles, when they do break you are dead in the water. It's pretty obvious that 2+2= you're being a cunt
Pretty sure the dummy who lands under power ruined the race. Not the ecu.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
That's funny Staggs your not mad about the bet I hope......because when we were staging out of the blue a guy walked up to me said "good luck George...you don't know me but I read all that shit that you post and your the only one who isn't part of the clique or a wanna be" says it straight up. . Caught me off guard didn't really know what to say but I think there are a lot of intelligent people that see thru the bullshit and self promotion so for every back slapper theres a hundred saying that's not racing that's fucking bullshit let the winner push their own damn car across the finish line.....too exhausted? Lambert is no pussy he could have gone the 50 yards. Villarreal stopped in the beginning of the race to help a car that was in his class gave up several positions in the process all within the rules.....that's sportsmanship.

You can say it's a minor technicality if you want but no one will agree that after you cross the finish line your still a part of the race...lip stick on a pig! Anymore than they agree "lending assistance" means towing on the highway for 70 mi to start a race....more lipstick! So again I'm calling bullshit on the absurd interpretation of the rules and the simple solution is get rid of the rule. BITD has no business advancing racers positions or authorizing others to do it. Assistance for purposes of safety ok but nothing advances a car more than pushing it across the finish line. Just saying......Put your hand on my car even in 20 something place I'll fucking bite your arm off like I almost did to BITD guys at Parker and they backed off. So anyone who can't understand starting and finishing a competition on your own power be it manpower or whatever doesn't know the significance and principle of that especially in first place then I can't dummy it down enough for you sorry.

I guess I'm not getting into the "cool guy" club again this year?
I could really careless , there is politics in racing everywhere , and always some one who will feel wronged or that the race association makes rules on the fly or decisions etc did I dumb that down enough for you , hats off to the guys that pulled you back on your wheels as well

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000