Maverick roll over video

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
damn Russians got to drive one first! WTF are they saying?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dNwu3_am4bA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
no shit they could keep it quiet cause nobody talks with them Russians. lol

steino411

American Pride
Jan 3, 2011
San Diego
Not exactly a promo they want out there, techno music and slow riding... Skip to 3:56 to see the good part. Even my 6 yo said they were driving slow!

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I translated some of this for you guys:

"...uh, my name is Rodvinkospanky, and uh, I find this yellow off highway car on EBay, that we think is Kawasaki......uh......but it go very fast, but uh...the Russian speed limit in mud is 2 kmh.....

Further on at rollover scene:

"holly muther shitter, my comrade, Evil Kinevilinsky broke the mud speed limit and rolled it like a hot buttered karinska sweet cake, you know, like my aunt used to make.......

"Hey Evil, roll it back over, I think EBay has a 30 day return policy"

Uh, .....Ok, I got Red October on Netflix .....so gotta go

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Anyone else notice the broken seat? You could see as the car rolled over the seat broke and the drivers body was flung to the middle of the car. Pause the video at exactly minute 4:00 and you can see the drivers leg and foot are above the steering wheel, with his head in the passenger seat! With the seat braking it forces the drivers hands off the steering wheel and they are flying around in the cab. At one point it looked as if his hand and arm had come out the roof. One more reason with video proof that the standard passenger 3 point seat belts do not work in an off-road vehicle. If the seat would have broke and if the car had 4 or 5 point harnesses, it would have kept the driver still in the drivers area in the car.

Then when they showed the rear of the car once up-righted the cage looked to be pushed over to the right (Passenger side). Two things I questioned when I saw the car at the Sand Show was the lack of tubing behind the seat. So before you could add 4 point harnesses, you will need to add a tube across the rear of the cage. Then I see ZERO triangulation in the cage. They need a diagonal tube, X or V behind the seats. If they did I would bet the cage would not have bent over, or at least not as far as it did.

Then to see a suspension link bent on top of all that. It would not have been so surprising if that was all that happened, but having that seat come loose or brake is a huge red flag.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Thats a Secret riding spot in Kalifornia. Same difference both Communist states. LOL

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Thats a Secret riding spot in Kalifornia. Same difference both Communist states. LOL

Good one Todd, only my Russian sucks. Guess I better get a few lessons so I too can make a good video with $hitty music. Gotta love this communist state... LOL!!! :D

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Anyone else notice the broken seat? You could see as the car rolled over the seat broke and the drivers body was flung to the middle of the car. Pause the video at exactly minute 4:00 and you can see the drivers leg and foot are above the steering wheel, with his head in the passenger seat! With the seat braking it forces the drivers hands off the steering wheel and they are flying around in the cab. At one point it looked as if his hand and arm had come out the roof. One more reason with video proof that the standard passenger 3 point seat belts do not work in an off-road vehicle. If the seat would have broke and if the car had 4 or 5 point harnesses, it would have kept the driver still in the drivers area in the car.

Then when they showed the rear of the car once up-righted the cage looked to be pushed over to the right (Passenger side). Two things I questioned when I saw the car at the Sand Show was the lack of tubing behind the seat. So before you could add 4 point harnesses, you will need to add a tube across the rear of the cage. Then I see ZERO triangulation in the cage. They need a diagonal tube, X or V behind the seats. If they did I would bet the cage would not have bent over, or at least not as far as it did.

Then to see a suspension link bent on top of all that. It would not have been so surprising if that was all that happened, but having that seat come loose or brake is a huge red flag.

i seen that too. Looks like he did not have his seatbelt on and the flopping around like a ragdoll disloged the seat. Its hard to see the cage bent but i would not doubt it.

I am going to a market research thing Oct 6th and was planning on pushing the 5 point harness issue. I a sxs came with a good harness it would prevent alot of injuries to stuipid people who run out of talent.

Odyknuck

May 2, 2011
Looks like they were going fast during the rollover as it takes speed to do a double roll like that. One of the first things I did on my 1000X was to weld a bar across the back of the cage with quick connects for my 5 point harness's. I welded the sub strap bracket to the frame so it the seat did give way i was not going anywear. For the life of me I do not understand why UTV manufactures use automotive seat belts knowing that these top heavy machines can and will roll over.

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
If watch the end of the vid, you can see how he was wearing his seatbelt, lap belt was buckeled, but the shoulder strap was under his arm. Dude is lucky he didn't break anything.

I'm also a little surprised that Can-Am didn't flare out the fenders with a stock long travel machine.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
This is par for the coarse in Russia im still not sure if they drive better or worse after a bottle of vodka. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
If watch the end of the vid, you can see how he was wearing his seatbelt, lap belt was buckeled, but the shoulder strap was under his arm. Dude is lucky he didn't break anything.
When the seat brakes and he is thrown into the middle of the vehicle, his hands are pulled from the steering wheel and I'm sure that would be when the belt ended up under his arm and not over his shoulder.

I'm still amazed at seeing his foot and leg over the steering wheel. It is probabaly a miracle that he was not ejected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000