LOORRS online registration is open!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
How did you answer this?

You may enter a private "nickname" for this Vehicle:

Yamaha or SR1

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
How did you answer this?

You may enter a private "nickname" for this Vehicle:

Yamaha or SR1
it is really only there if you want to enter a diff chassis at a race.

no big deal doug, whatever you want to call it.

I got the signup e:mail to day also. I am going to crew chief this year for HRB Mod TK.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I figured it didnt matter since it was just a nickname but I wasnt sure if the SR1 guys were going to get all "clicky" and want a their own special nickname. ;)

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Rog, good point. I just went online and they are 800s for both modified and SR1!! And the numbers already taken for Modified, arent shown as taken on the SR1 page. Weird.
who was 50 last year???? I thought you were the only one.

side x side tv

Banned Por Vida
Aug 5, 2009
They r only having two classes sr1 and unlimited 800cc max is Bobby putting his 800 back in cuz he can't run the 1000cc I was looking forward to see that thing run

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Just got this from Lee Perfect:

"For 2010, there will be 2 UTV classes running in the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series. The Unlimited UTV class will be the 800cc class (numbers 600-699). We will also be adding a spec Yamaha Rhino SR1 class (numbers 800-899)."

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
They r only having two classes sr1 and unlimited 800cc max is Bobby putting his 800 back in cuz he can't run the 1000cc I was looking forward to see that thing run
Bobby built the 1000 for desert not Lucas...he has his SR1 if he wants to race outside of his Unlimited car at Lucas. Although I am sure he would have ran a race or 2 with Bronco Dan in the 1000cc class. The big question is whats Bronco Dan kelly doing this year....I will call him up....

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Along with major updates to the UTV rules for 2010...

ALL UTV CLASSES:
-All vehicles must have a flat, full support gas pedal with a toe hook. Toe hook must enable driver to pull back on the pedal in the event of a stuck throttle.

-The age portion of the license rule now reads as follows: In order to secure a license, a person must: Be at least 16 years of age for the Pro 4 Unlimited, Pro 2 Unlimited, Pro Lite Unlimited and Pro Buggy Unlimited classes. Be at least 14 years of age and have approval from LOORRS for the UTV, Limited Buggy, and Superlite classes. *NOTE: Any racer under 18 will need to provide a birth certificate or driver’s license before competing.

-Minimum front bumper width is 35 inches.

-Mudflaps are required:
A. All vehicles must run rear mud flaps made from 3/16 rubber material.
B. Mud flaps must be at least 12 inches wide and cover the entire rear tire.
C. Mud flaps must extend to within 3 inches of the ground.
D. Mud flaps must be securely mounted with bolts and fender washers to resist folding back or tearing.
E. Mud flaps may not be attached with zip ties or chains.

- Top left half of roll cage above driver’s head must have 1 1⁄2 inch x .095 inch ‘X’ diagonal bracing bars and/or be covered with .125 inch minimum aluminum plate.
a. If plate is used, a single diagonal bar is sufficient.
b. Plate must be attached with 2 bolts on each of the four sides.
-Gussets must be installed at all major intersections, including diagonal and rear down braces, where single weld fractures can affect occupant’s safety.

-Batteries must be wetted fiber or gel cell only.

-Spotters will be required for all UTV teams in 2010. Please check the 2009 rule book for more information.

-Transponders must be mounted 10 inches back from the leading edge of the front bumper on the passenger side.

UNLIMITED UTV:
-Weight limit for Polaris RZR and Yamaha Rhinos (in the Unlimited Class only) will be dropped to 1325 pounds with driver.

SR1 CLASS:
This class will be for Yamaha Rhinos only and will be required to run a stock Yamaha R1 engine.

Reactions: 1 person

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000