LOORRS 2011 UTV Discussion....THE RUMOR MILL...I break it down!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
SO its almost time, the 2011 season is about to kick off and I am wondering who is racing, what are you racing, anyone new this year, whats the inside scoop?

Here is what I know.......

4 Time Short Course Champ Chad George is returning to go for his 5th Championship in Unlimited Pro UTV

Bobby VanBeekum has replaced Austin Kimbrell as the teamate to Chad George (never thought I would say that..lol) on the Monster Energy Kawasaki team!!

Austin Kimbrell, runner up last year, is moving up to SuperLite and ProLite full time so no mas UTV

RJ Anderson is running his new Polaris RZR XP900...some say he will be the favorite this year to win a championship and if this car is all its cracked up to be it will be hard to argue that....well except for that George guy does have 4 back to back to back to back.....lol

Since the cat is out of the bag....lol...sorry Tyler...lol....Tyler Parks has just dropped his NEW Polaris RZR XP900 off at Benchmark Performance for some more HP!! He is back this year to run for points! If his car isn't ready in time he will campaign his old car but look for his XP to hit the track this year and give those Kawi's a run!

I have not confirmed but I was told by a close source that John Dempsey will also be back in an Unlimited Pro UTV this year, running his Kroyer powered Kawasaki Teryx again this year!!

Young Gun Tyler Winbury is also back, with a fresh look, and a will to win like never before!! Tyler is all set in his Wagon Burners Kawasaki Teryx to go out and make up for losing half the season to a broken foot!! Look for Winbury to come out fast this year!

SR1? Lots of questions still up in the air! The big talk is how many ZX10 powered Kawi's will we see? We know Bronco Dan has one being built at XMF (look for the build thread here on UTVUG in the show and tell section) and I keep hearing our boy Casey Currie's name getting tossed into the hat......wow, this could be good!

The other question is.....will we see the Champ, Tyler Herzog return?? We know his car was for sale and it was rented by Mark Turner for the ASCC race and then he wrecked it hard! Will the car be repaired? Will Tyler run it? Does he have a new car? I HOPE we get to see Herzog back out there! fill us in Tyler!!!

Since Mark Turner came up.....as most of you know Mark Turner totaled his SR1 (old Kimbrell Rhino) at the Soboba GP long jump contest. Well soon after he got going on having XMF build a brand new frame up SR1....then more bad news hit the Daystar/Turner Motosports camp when Mark wadded hard at the ASCC race, having to be life flighted to a local hospital and now having undergone a couple of surgery's to repair a badly injured arm. We haven't got any detailed updates as of late but I dont know if we will see this bad ass back in a UTV this season? I hope and pray we do!!

Ryan Beat! WOW...Arguably the most feared SR1 driver to enter the class. Ryan came in last year and started putting on a CLINIC in driving talent and skills. He comes from the world of MX and even ran some SX rounds and we all know how succesful these 2 wheel guys are in 4 wheel racing! Ryan has a NEW SR1 that was built by off road industry leaders JIMCO! I have seen this car and let me tell you, it is SERIOUS! Racers BEWARE!! Paramount Motorsports is here for real!

And coming off that last comment, Paramount Motorsports will be running 2 SR1's this year. Bryan Osborn will be stepping up from TK racing to take over the former flying banana, which turned into Ryan Beats SR1 last year. Bryan has been studying under Ryan Beat so look for Bryan to come our hard and fast!!!

Word is Brian at LTI and Chad at COD have been working on a new SR1 for Doug Mittag! Not sure if its a ZX10 or Yamaha R1, Brian has a good relationship with Kawi so only time will tell? Doug is called by many the fastest driver on the track, we know the kid has mad skills, but can he keep the car rubber side down and together to win himself a championship!!?? I think they will be running those Underground sticks again so we know good luck will be back on their side!!! lol

Cody Rahders is coming back! Cody has gobs of potential, he gets a little wild at times but overall Cody is FAST and has the talent to be big time! Watching Cody over the last few years has been awesome but one thing has caught my attention and that is how tall he has gotten....I know random observation...but that also tells me that strength could also follow those growth spurts and I believe the stronger you are physiclly coupled with driving talent allows you to be faster later in the race....Maybe I am reaching here but I think Cody could be a serious championship contender this year! I know he has his car going to Synergy Graffix which means fresh new look for 2011!!! Stay tuned!

LSRGreg! The Green Gobblin will be back this year and better than ever. In the best looking race rhino I have ever seen! Greg has a bad ass machine and a years worth of driving under his belt. Look for Greg to reach the podium lots more this year. The key for Greg this year will be to NOT total the car out!!! hahaha

So I know there is lots more going on! I cant wait to see what goes down this year!!! Go ahead, let the trash talk, rumors, and games begin!!!!:D

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
Looks like it will be an awesome racing season. Interested to see the modified XP's run. Hope they bring Polaris back to the top. Can you tell I have bias..:D

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
Should be a great season! Its around the corner!!

G-

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Corry Weller, your first lady in UTV is not racing SR1? :confused: I thought she would be first on your list, lol

the "jimco" SR1 chassis has HRT suspension. car looks heavy.

Good luck to all the racers and have fun.

Greg, no more endos :eek:

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
GOOD JOB OF SETTING UP THE UPCOMING SEASON. THIS SHOULD BE GREAT YEAR FOR UTV RACING. YOU FORGOT ONE OF THE CROWD FAVORITES & A GREAT DRIVER. CORRY WELLER SHE WON SOME RACES & COULD HAVE WON MORE. I DON'T KNOW IF JASON WELLER WILL RUN ANY RACES BUT HE WON THE FIRST LOORRS REGIONAL RACE IN PHOENIX. IF HE DOES RUN THIS WILL BE AN INTERESTING MIX IN R1. 2011 SHOULD BE THE BIGGEST YEAR EVER IN UTV SHORTCOURSE RACING. I AGREE. CODE IS A GREAT RACER & HE HAS GOTTEN BETTER EVERY RACE. LOTS OF QUESTIONS. RD 1 & 2 WILL PROBABLY RESULT IN MORE QUESTIONS. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF THE RACERS.

Weller Racing

I Make Things Go Fast - Official UTVUnderground Sp
Aug 21, 2009
Chandler, AZ
www.wellerracing.com
Corry Weller, your first lady in UTV is not racing SR1? :confused: I thought she would be first on your list, lol

Corry will be there for sure! We are proud to have Lucas Oil as a new sponsor this year, as well as BS Sand! I will be racing the AZ Regional races as long as I don't wreck her car.... :)

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
SORRY GUYS, I knew I was forgetting a few people...Cory Weller & Josh Hounslow will both be campaigning SR1's this year. Josh is running Doug Mittag's old SR1 from last year, and of course Cory will be in her Weller Racing SR1 (not sure on Tilted Kilt sponsorship? but I am sure they wont let her go!!! lol)

I cant wait for the season to start! I am working out of town today and tomorrow at Glen Helen with Mad Media filming a General Tire commercial and let me tell you, the track looks ready to ROCK!

rbr

Ryan Beat Monster Energy/Kawasaki & Osborn Racing
Mar 8, 2010
Southern California

That's right rog the car wasn't built entirely by Jimco just a lot of input from John Vance at Jimco. My Dad and I built it! : ) And it does have HRT suspension (wouldn't run any other suspension) so an accumilation of great minds. Just to clarify O and Rog haha looks can be decieving, with my fat 160 pound butt in it and the body full of fuel and oils we come across the scales right around 1450 ; ) I will also be in the pro lite full time ; ) Great recap j
Joey!

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
That's right rog the car wasn't built entirely by Jimco just a lot of input from John Vance at Jimco. My Dad and I built it! : ) And it does have HRT suspension (wouldn't run any other suspension) so an accumilation of great minds. Just to clarify O and Rog haha looks can be decieving, with my fat 160 pound butt in it and the body full of fuel and oils we come across the scales right around 1450 ; ) I will also be in the pro lite full time ; ) Great recap j
Joey!
That is what I thought, you guys built it, not Jimco. 1450, not bad Ryan.
Good luck in both classes.

Zerofield

Pit Junky - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 13, 2009
Arizona
IT"S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG !!

Grant you guys running a 1000 or a bit less?

Can't wait to watch RJ and Tyler Winbury rip around the track. Been talking trash to those two for the last month. :D They aways put on a good show

Should be a great and eventfull year

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000