Lighted whips

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Looking into purchasing lighted whips and trying to find the best whips in the market. I'm looking for reliable and brightness. I need as much input as possible.

Safe glow whips
Tribal whips
etc...

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I have had tribals for along time. 4 of them. very bright.

would never buy safeglow, they had probs years ago and waytay's new ones still had probs on the first trip out with them.

an alternative is Wired Whips, I got one from NCY recently, I made my own last year for a Buggy whip, before I knew anyone did those style.

I have the sight that sell the colored wrap and control modules, like WW sells.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
These are my favorite and what we'll be running on our new car.

Quick Light
i agree. i had a tribal and it leaked oil all over my car when it broke. i had another one without oil and it broke at the base a couple of times before i returnned that one too.

the quick light is nice and sturdy. i do have some interior scratching of the tube from the fiberoptic strands ratteling around.

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
my vote is for the quick light. best one out there in my opinion. the only draw back is price.. they are expensive. and u also have to mount and wire in a little module to power it. But super durable, has a legit quick release that works well, and is beefy, and u don't have to worry about a bad wiring connection thru the quick release. solid unit. You can bend the pole around itself, and it won't break.

G-

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
post that up i am looking for some clear leds that are weather proof for my Amp steps on my truck.
they are not LEDS Mike, it is Electroluminscent lighting, the larger the lines the brighter they are.

I get mine here, I set up one in Green ( gave to Son of HRT) adn Have a white one that I have not put on a whip yet.

Category Items - ThatsCoolWire.com

I used a 13 foot kit for a 8 foot buggy whip, and 3/4" clear heat shrink.
1/2" should work for a quad whip.

kind cool stuff, you can make any color combo you want, even rainbow if your a little light in the loafers! :eek: lol

FBT

The quick light looks like it might be a winner. I need two, so it is not gonna be cheap.
The LED Solutions link has some neat stuff, I just don't have a clue what I am loking at or how to go about "building" up a pair of 6 ft. whips.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000