Jessi Kohrell TT250 Race Recap

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

UTVUnderground wants to highlight racer and UTVUnderground.com member Jessi Kohrell in the 1931 Custom Creations Kawasaki Teryx.

Jessi is the first woman driver to ever finish and podium the Best In The Desert Terrible Town 250 race and for that she deserves a lot of credit and praise for her accomplishment of finishing 2nd in class!!! Keep up the great work Jessi!!!

Here is Jessi's story...

Well we had an awesome weekend!!!! Our first real race with real race car drivers... The best guys in the desert were out to cross the finish line first. We started 4th in the line up, 3 minutes in front of the last UTV to leave the starting line. We had a great start, we left with a RZR and immediately gained third position. We battled the sun coming up over the ridge blinding us and the dust was unbelievable... At times we could hardly see our front bumper, still pressing 40 mph... The car handled great! There was no pre-running the course, so this 73 mile loop was all fresh terrain to us. We just concentrated on pressing forward. We pit 1 time for gas. Our top speed was 65 mph pinned for over 2 and 1/2 minutes running across a dry lake bed, we the proceeded across a mild to medium whoop section holding between 42 and 57 mph. This race was so awesome. Througout the entire race my co-pilot was calm and and supportive, Devyn did an awesome job. Especially since she has never even been in a UTV before, let alone racing one across the desert... Thanks for riding with me!!!
We proceeded through the final short course with no one in sight besides a ford ranger that we passed through the whoops.
It was silent and exciting our last few turns and here we were crossing the finish line in 2 hours and 35 seconds.! The podium was awesome!!! It was so fun to drive up on that ramp... It really added to the sense of accomplishment, we had just completed 73 miles in a race across the desert.
We took 2nd Place out of 15 UTV's. Not to bad for a couple of girls.. There are some awesome cars and drivers out there and we are so happy to be out there with them.
We have great support and a solid machine...
Thanks to all of our sponsors, family and friends who support us and get us across the finish line... A special thanks to my husband for all his hard work and his strategies of organizing synchronized pits and getting us across the finish line for the second time.
My entire pit crew, friends and family I can not thank them enough for all their hard work and traveling so far to pit for us!
We couldn't be here without our sponsors and great people we have met on the way...
Thank You
Custom Creations, Kawasaki, Sway Away, Web Cam, Summers Brothers, C3 Productions, PRP, B&B Powdercoating, AFM, KCB Towers, CP Pistons, Rosa Maria's, Axia Alloys, Rhino Graphix, Rialto Trophy, Torco Race Fuel, OMF, Maxxis, and Montclair Motorsports.

Thanks to Terrance at PCI radio for helping us, we had no idea what we were doing and thank you to Kermit at Race Marker for letting us use his great photo of us!
Her's to future!!!
Thanks,
Jessi

This is my second race ever... My first was last October in the powderpuff race, put on by M.O.R.E. We had a blast ran 115 miles an took 1st place out of 10 UTV's. After that I was hooked. I have been long waiting the Terrible 250. And after this race I am even more hooked, desert racing is more fun than I ever imagined!!! I am so happy that BITD lets UTV's race.
My husband own's Custom Creations and he built my Kawasaki Teryx especially for me all pink and black. I drove it for the very first time the night before the MORE race. It was a blast!!
I have 2 children a 5 year old son Kameron and a 2 year old daughter Taylor. My family makes this all worth it for me, everyone has been so supportive and encouraging. We plan on racing as long as we can.. We have always been Glamis people, so the desert is bran new to us... But we like it.

Last edited:

Custom Creations

Pretty In Pink #1931 Teryx - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 9, 2009
Thanks everyone...
Mike,
we will be at the Bluewater for sure... I wouldn't miss it. I love driving that car!!!
I did not read about you being short on pit support until today. We are willing to help you out anytime. Just let us know.
Jessi:eek:

Reactions: 1 person

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
Thanks everyone...
Mike,
we will be at the Bluewater for sure... I wouldn't miss it. I love driving that car!!!
I did not read about you being short on pit support until today. We are willing to help you out anytime. Just let us know.
Jessi:eek:
we ended up being fine... my pit crew was in moab jeeping and didnt think that they would make it back in time.... They got into Stateline late Friday night and we were good. I appreaciate the offer. Can't wait for blue water...

Do you have much to do to the car?

Custom Creations

Feb 9, 2009
were not going to do to much... kevin is going to do something to my front shocks....
We are still pulling rocks out of the underneath of the car... We brought some of primm home with us...
Do you know how long the Bluewater course will be? I have hear 7 miles and 11 miles??? I am interested in seeing it...

jeffy

Co-Dawg - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 18, 2009
lake havasu city
were not going to do to much... kevin is going to do something to my front shocks....
We are still pulling rocks out of the underneath of the car... We brought some of primm home with us...
Do you know how long the Bluewater course will be? I have hear 7 miles and 11 miles??? I am interested in seeing it...
last year the course was about 12 miles.
its going to be a hot one

i live about a 1/2 hour away from parker and my dad grew up there

its going to be our first BITD race and we cant wait!
we built our rzr for desert racing and this is going to be our first true desert race
im co rider!! :)
see sveryone there

Last edited:

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
i've heard two different mileage numbers for this race too. Usually they start big and up a little smaller on race day.

There is nothing like the land rush start at the Blue Water GP.... Last year it was 14 rhinos into the first corner and that corner was tight. this is a race you don't want to miss!!!

Custom Creations

Feb 9, 2009
last year the course was about 12 miles.
its going to be a hot one

i live about a 1/2 hour away from parker and my dad grew up there

its going to be our first BITD race and we cant wait!
we built our rzr for desert racing and this is going to be our first true desert race
im co rider!! :)
see sveryone there
Thanks for the info... Is it more like the desert or short course with jumps? any strait aways? I am just curious we are very new to this.
Looking forward to seeing you out there...
Congrats and best of luck on entering your first desert race. Exciting huh!!! This is only our third and we are so excited!!! It nice to meet all the friendly people in this sport!!

jeffy

Co-Dawg - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 18, 2009
lake havasu city
Thanks for the info... Is it more like the desert or short course with jumps? any strait aways? I am just curious we are very new to this.
Looking forward to seeing you out there...
Congrats and best of luck on entering your first desert race. Exciting huh!!! This is only our third and we are so excited!!! It nice to meet all the friendly people in this sport!!
its desert
yeah my dad has been doing a few worcs races and some local races and he doesnt really like the jumps
for him its the rougher the better
its going to be around 100 degrees so drink alot of water!
good luck to you guys as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000