JaggedX RZR XP900 BITD race car build thread...

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Maybe I am missing something but I dont see the stock front frame rails or pick up points.
Factory pivot points are all there...lowers are completely stock and uppers are all in factory location...need me to measure?:D The front is obviously not even close to done. We have never broken the rules in the past ten BITD race cars we've built and never intend to fwiw.

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Factory pivot points are all there...lowers are completely stock and uppers are all in factory location...need me to measure?:D The front is obviously not even close to done. We have never broken the rules in the past ten BITD race cars we've built and never intend to fwiw.
Many UTV's require removal/replacement of weak suspension pick up points. Teryx's require removal of the lower frame section because it crushes in. Lasher cut the whole car off at the firewall to build it stronger. It's just hard to tell when the cars are all put back together.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I was not accusing anyone of breaking the rules, I just was told that the factory frame rails meant from front suspension pickup to rear suspension pick up points.If all you have to do is retain a couple of short rails from the stock frame in the center of the chassis the what is the point of the rule?

Why not allow an all tube chassis with factory pick up points for the suspension?It would certainly be stronger and safer just because you could use better material.I'm not trying to start an argument I'm just asking questions.

LakeFire

Apr 19, 2010
Ione
I agree with Tantum... I am trying to build my RZR and totally lost on whats legal and not legal. I like this build a lot. I like Jons Rex also... I need a third Firefighter job...

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I agree with Tantum... I am trying to build my RZR and totally lost on whats legal and not legal. I like this build a lot. I like Jons Rex also... I need a third Firefighter job...
BITD/UTVRA rules state
CHASSIS (FRAME), BODY AND ROOF:
All UTV vehicles must utilize the stock chassis (frame) and maintain stock appearance. The stock chassis (frame) is defined as the main lower rails running along the inner sides of the UTV and the front and rear tubes that connect them. Please refer to the drawing for a better description. Any modifications to the stock chassis (frame) must be pre-approved by a UTVRA tech inspector The stock chassis (frame) may be added to, for durability and strength, but must retain the stock width, length, and configuration. The stock UTV cage may not be used because no bolt on connections to chassis are allowed. All joints must be welded and attached to frame securely.
In otherwise understandable wording, that you must retain the OEM main chassis tubes that run lengthwise down the car. This means the 2 main tubes. The outrigger tubing or braces may all be removed. OEM crossbracing needs to stay, but you can add others in. You can otherwise beef up/strengthen the chassis as needed to endure racing rigors.

You must also retain stock a-arm mounting points, meaning that you can beef up the OEM mounts, but they must remain in the stock locations.

Sounds daunting, but really does make sense once you get into it. The added cage does nothing but make the car safer. The OEM chassis tubes retain stock geometry which defines part of the handling characteristics. Using stock mounting points also keeps exotic suspensions from finding their way into racing.

Jagged X crew, very nice build you have there. Looking forward to more of it...

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
I was not accusing anyone of breaking the rules, I just was told that the factory frame rails meant from front suspension pickup to rear suspension pick up points.If all you have to do is retain a couple of short rails from the stock frame in the center of the chassis the what is the point of the rule?

Why not allow an all tube chassis with factory pick up points for the suspension?It would certainly be stronger and safer just because you could use better material.I'm not trying to start an argument I'm just asking questions.
i am not going to lie on our rzr we made our own chassis out of chromolly. then laid the stock frame rails in. they had nothing to do with structure just an apperance. on your teryx you could do the same find a wrecked frame an add it in. as long as your pick up points are the same and you have two seats i dont no why you couldnt race bitd.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I am definetly confused about the factory frame rule.The rules on engine placement only say factory case and heads and nothing about staying in stock location.
I thought I read on this forum that if you changed any suspension mounts even for a repair it had to be pre approved.

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Rules are confusing....I thought diffs, engine and a-arm mounts all needed to remain in factory location.
You have to use the stock OEM rear diff and OEM engine. But nothing is said about the diff remaining in the stock location. Just the stock A-arm mounting points. BITD/UTVRA refers to the engine location, but says nothing about the actual location which can be confusing.

ENGINE LOCATION AND DISPLACEMENT: All UTV vehicles must use stock engine cases and cylinder head. Maximum engine displacement is 800cc, larger displacement engines may be allowed if produced by the factory. A weight restriction may be required.
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times][FONT=Times New Roman,Times]This displacement requirement only applies to the UTV Pro Spec class. The Sportsman Unlimited is an open Displacement class. Engine displacement and location may be checked by UTV Racing Association at any time. The UTV Racing Association reserves the right to mark engine blocks prior to an event and confiscate engines after the race.
[/FONT][/FONT]

TRANSMISSION:
Every vehicle must use the stock transmission and clutch design. Every vehicle must have a functional reverse gear. The stock rear differential must also be used. SR1 class does not require reverse although it is recommened.

tech3sandcars

Tech3 Sandcars
Mar 10, 2009
Oregon
www.tech3sandcars.com
I have read many rules like this in other classes of racing. If you look closely the rule for suspension mounting points states that " it must remain in the stock location and be of the stock design", design is the key word. It is legal and can be interpretted as making your own mount but putting it in a stock location, the rules just don't want you changing the rubber pivots and the mounts to a heim joint design for example.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Didnt mean to hijack the thread I was just curious about the rules.Any new pics?

dezertrebelz

Feb 14, 2010
Tucson AZ
First off Jagged builds great cars, so this next comment has nothing to do with them or there build . GREAT JOB GUYS. BUT BITD RULES SUCK, they are poorly written and not updated for the class, THIS class could be great but it needs a new leader!! The way it is run at this point, sure seems to be a joke. Everything seems to happen in a reactive state instead of a proactive state. the cars are changing and the rules only seem to change when they are helpful to the guy changing them.AND ALOT OF PEOPLE SEE THAT THE SAME WAY I DO, even if they are not on here saying it. For a class to flourish it needs a begining(sportsman) Middle(mod stock) and END (unlimited), and there are a half dozen ways to make different things work but , NOT gonna Happen with the current management. AGAIN cant stress enough, great build guys, hope to see it soon, keep up the pix i know you are further than your posting:D

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I dont know about you guys, but I am ready for some more pics!!! lol
Agreed Joey, lets get back to the awesome build Jagged X is doing.
Rehash the rules in another thread, oh wait, they already have been. Until more people step up to assist Cory and others in rules, then lets quit whining.

Pics, Pics, Pics, we want pics.... :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000