i was suprised to see alot of WORCS rules disreguarded

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Last weekend was the first WORCS race i have been to watch. I was suprised at all of their rules being disreguarded and not enforced. I know you cant police everyone all the time but no one from WORCS seemed to running anything but the start of the race and announcing.

WORCS rules

http://www.worcsracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=85&Itemid=203#classes

I seen alot of issues just at the pits, from kids standing in pit lane to racers stopping on the course outside of the pits for goggles or rags to wipe off mud.

I also seen racers not wearing fire suits and just in jeans.

i seen pit vehicles driven without helmets.

also racer plate numbers and backgrounds were not present.

I am not bashing WORCS, racers or spectators. I am bringing up issues that i would be pissed about if i was a racer and spent the time to read and understand the rules along with spending the money to comply with them.

Am i big dealing this?

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
The rules at worc's are very limited. The safety rules will be enforced once a person or child is hit. Pit rules and course rules should be enforced strictly. I can see the goggle changes on a weekend like that, still should be done in the hot pit though.

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
Pit vehicle helmets?

Im all for cage safety, nets etc, but one of the nice thing about worcs is that its not micro managed.

Last year guys showed up with cars that were not with in the rules, as far as suspension etc and noone cared.

There were times when we did parade laps without are race suits, maybe the extreme mud conditions put a wrench in the system

racing rzr dad

Jan 17, 2013
I'd have to agree with Dave, the weather and conditions were a factor. I sent Michael out for the parade lap in regular clothes with a trash bag over that, so he would have something warm and dry for the race. Most other WORCS races we have been to over the years were better organized.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
VanBeekum was DQd last year in round 1 that was also a mud bath for pitting outside of the pit lane. When in fact we DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THERE WAS A PIT LANE!

Utv133

Mar 14, 2012
Havasu
Give them a break theY were changing the track as We were racing and trying to get broke down units off the track. They had there hands full

TRIPHLKROWN

Apr 30, 2009
Paso Robles, CA
Get used to it!! Last year was a JOKE! I bought a new xp and spend 5k getting it race legal, show up to glen helen and they let bone stock xp race the race! They have a long list of rules and regulations they do not follow! They let rules slide for certain people which is BS. Guarentee if some random joe showed up and wanted to race and didt have the right stuff they would toss his ass out, but if they know you or have been racing the series in atvs, they let shit slide!!!

VBosch02

Dec 3, 2010
Bellflower, Ca
Get used to it!! Last year was a JOKE! I bought a new xp and spend 5k getting it race legal, show up to glen helen and they let bone stock xp race the race! They have a long list of rules and regulations they do not follow! They let rules slide for certain people which is BS. Guarentee if some random joe showed up and wanted to race and didt have the right stuff they would toss his ass out, but if they know you or have been racing the series in atvs, they let shit slide!!!

Even so at least you know you were safe in your car. I can't comment on the people getting special treatment because I don't know. Oh and I know about spending a lot of cash I'm there with you. Spent tons of money over the last year.

TRIPHLKROWN

Apr 30, 2009
Paso Robles, CA
I would of build my RZR the same way with or without rules. But when you say your going to inforce certain rules and you don't...It pisses a lot of people off!! Thus a lot of people that raced the XP class did not come back to WORCS this year because its a joke!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000