Has anyone messed with anti-dive on XP1K?

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
I know it's not legal in many classes, but am curious if anyone has messed with adding anti-dive to the front suspension. Visually it appears to be set up with 0% and certainly drives like it has none. Curious to hear other's thoughts on the subject.

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
The XP1K does have anti dive built it. If you draw a line though the upper pivot points and the lower pivot points, the lines would converge somewhere in the middle of the wheelbase. This geometry adds castor as the suspension goes into bump.

The reason it seams that it dives so much is due to a lot of travel.

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
I have not measured so I will take your word on it. At my first look the mounts appeared to be parallel or close to it. I have a two seater so I am not sure if they will converge within the wheelbase or not but I will plot it out. Is the added castor simply a by-product of the anti-dive geometry or is there a benefit to it? I can't think of a benefit to migrating castor.

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
You are probably correct that it doesn't converge within the wheelbase, but the point is they do converge. The added castor is what causes the anti dive effect. When torque is applied to the suspension through the brakes, it tries to reduce the castor which can only do that by pushing up on the suspension. If Castor didn't change through the stroke, the force from the brakes wouldn't be able to transfer any force into the suspension.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000