Kawasaki G.T.'s T4 build

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
Thanks guys! Its been a fun project...After building this cage I can easily understand the $2k price tag for most custom cages done in a shop. I have a set of D2's, rigid dome light, safe glo whip, and an axia mirror that I picked up at the SSSS all going on this car. I also have my LT fund set aside and will be posting up some pics once this is complete as well.

I would like some input on my aluminum roof. I am going to secure it with dzus fasteners and plan on bead rolling the edge. What material thickness and alloy are most roofs out there? What do you guys prefer to work with and why?

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA

Attachments

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
After looking at all of the pictures of floorboards with holes blasted through them on other T4's I decided to pull the trigger on the inner fender armor. They're kind of on the expensive side for what they are but good insurance against both damage and wasting my own time in the event I had to tear all of the body work apart just to get to the damn floorboard. View attachment 11400View attachment 11401

Attachments

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
Back rollin' again! I have the toe all set and I am going to dial in a bit more preload today. First impressions are amazing... Can't wait to rip through a long set of whoops out in the dez! Brian thank you for all of the help over the phone with the install and setup tips.

Attachments

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
So this past weekend I got to break in my new 840 :). The car is running 90mm high compression JE Pistons, stage 2 cams, +1 kibble white valves, clutch kit by LTI, and is all tuned with a PCV and autotuner. I preset all of the AFR's prior to the trip and let the autotuner do it's thing. Following the trip I retrieved the trim values and saved the map as my Pismo840 map. I am looking forward to fine tuning the maps and I'm having a blast driving this thing!
Thank you Brian for putting all of this together for me.

Attachments

Reactions: ALEX

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000