All UTV's FIA Seats VS Non-FIA or SFI Seating for Racing

marktorres

Apr 13, 2014
I know there is great debate between suspension seats and tub style seats, I'm not really here to make another thread on the subject because there are some really good ones already out there but I do want to ask about seat safety ratings.

When seat shopping it seams like there is a $400-500 price point with lots of seats falling in that category but then you see a big jump in price once you start getting into certified seats.

I know there are differences in technology like fiberglass vs carbon vs aluminum and the foam or combination there of that makes up the padding but is any of that price due to the expense of getting a seat rated and certified?

I look at the Sparco Evo at around $800 - it is a FIA Approved seat but it looks very similar to the NGR FRP-330 priced at $249. They are both fiber glass and both look very close to one and other but is one really superior? Does the rating constitute the difference in price?

I've read lots of great reviews about the Evo - I'm about to search on the NRG. What is your opinion, if you don't need a certified seat for where you race are the "value" seats worth it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000