All UTV's Everything Helmet

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I am curious to see who uses a helmet, what brand do you prefer and why.

Size of helmet?
Accesories?
Bag?
Pumper?
Radio?
Open face?
MX style?
Hybrid MX/Shield?
Painted?
Neck Brace/roll?
Tear off, post or stick on?
Tinted, amber or clear?
Dust skirt?

Last edited:

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Re: Helmet Bags??

Helmet bags: I suggest Simpson or OGIO depending on what gear I'm taking. I pack my fire suit, camel back, Racing helmet, neck brace, helmet skirts, MX Helmet/boots/gloves/goggles, racing gloves, shoes, and socks, tear offs, and wrist restraints (just in case someone might need or want them)

All my other desert/non racing/loaner crap has another big bag of it's own.....

Consider getting a large gear bag for all this, and your radio equipment if possible. Thats what I'm looking to do to streamline the whole outfit.

SDHQ had some pretty sick deals on Simpson bags awhile back. Lonestar is an OGIO dealer and has great pricing......

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
Re: Helmet Bags??

Another solution is the hauler. I'm almost to the point where the hauler goes where I go, and I could easily just neatly tuck away all this stuff in there just the same...... Food for thought.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I am curious to see who uses a helmet, what brand do you prefer and why.

I wear HJC.....I like how they look (some helmets are uuuuuugly) and they just fit my head well. Yes, I'm sponsored by them, but even if I wasn't, I'd still run them. Great product!

Size of helmet? Small
Accesories? Wired for radio earbuds and pumper
Bag? YEP
Pumper? YEP!
Radio? YES - handheld with a DirtBagz and pit radios
Open face? No....I like my face....lol
MX style? No....don't like eating roost
Hybrid MX/Shield? I LOVE running a visor, good for sun and for when you run out of tearoffs!! :)
Painted? No....my helmets get hit by a lot of roost. Sort of a waste of money....
Neck Brace/roll? D-Cell
Tear off, post or stick on? I prefer to run the brass posts....
Tinted, amber or clear? Amber!
Dust skirt? When I run desert, sometimes....
See above! :)

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
That mini pumper is kinda cool. I think we'll still go with a Parker but for a Quad or bike the mini is a good idea.

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
After your edit my posts dont fall into this thread very well. Oh well. Hope you find the info you're looking for.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
A little birdie told me Hostyle has some nice helmet bags. I will be contacting Dan tomorrow to get some more info.

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
G-Force blown and wired with ear buds. Dust skirt a must. Custom painted by my favorite painter Shelton Designs. I made my own helmt bag out if polar fleece. Clear lens, size xs. Race air and a D-cell

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
HJC helmets wired and pumped by PCI! Customer service and support at both companies is top notch!

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
i use a carbon pyrotect (if i spelled that right) helmet. At the end of the year SDHQ has great deals on them because they are good for 4 years instead of 5. And I mean GREAT deals. I wire the helmet with ruggeds kit myself and it works great. It has a pumper inlet but I do not run one. I also have SDHQ install the the d-cell kit hook ups on the helmet. The helmet comes with a pretty nice bag that I also use

ek98

Jan 11, 2010
shoei with black tinted visor.

Passengers get the cheaper AFX fullface helmets. Not bad for the price and they are dot and snell approved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000