El Centro Race

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I caught wind of an M4 short course style race going to be held in El Centro on 9/26 & 9/27. Don’t beat me up, just relaying what I know.

Classes
TK’s Elite. Combined 250 & 450
TK, combined Jr1 & Jr2, did I say that right?
UTV, Lucas spec.
Purse if enough entries.

I did recommend he allow stockers or lightly modified UTV’s as long as they meet a minium safety spec of doors, nets, restraints, & seats. Don’t know what they’ll decide there.

Entry $40.00, yes $40.00, includes car & driver.
Pit pass, $40.00 per, not sure on minimum age.
PAS Style track w/o the jumps on the main track** but we've raced there before, El Centro has a larger infield than PAS so the main part of the offroad racing will take place there.

**Will be part of the stock car racing show which is different, could be interesting.

The down side? Same weekend as the TORC Series.

That’s all I know, if I hear anymore Ill post.

Contact Aaron for more info, 760-356-2442, maybe they’ll get something on their web site.

SWRA Southwest Racing Association

Tough call for us, after last Saturdays race Codes engine has 135 race laps on it (yes I keep track) so it’s due for some TLC but he’s really bugging me to race it though so …...

scmo777

Jan 20, 2009
Brawley, CA
HEY GUYS, DNF IS RIGHT THEY ARE SETTING IT UP RIGHT NOW< I WILL BE MEETING WITH THEM TODAY TO GET MORE INFO, I AM HOPEING TO HAVE SOME FLYERS FROM THEM TO TAKE TO THE SSSS, THE THING IS THIS THOUGH THERE WILL BE THREE CLASSES ON THE FIRST DAY (TK'S, UTV'S AND QUAD'S) BUT THE TURNOUT ON THE FIRST NIGHT DECIDES WHO RACES ON THE SECOND NIGHT, SO IF THERE ARE MORE QUADS THAN UTVS THEN THE QUADS WILL RACE THE SECOND AND VICE VERSA, IF THERE ARE MORE UTVS THEN THEY WILL RACE THE SECOND NIGHT, TK'S GET TO RACE THE SECOND NIGHT NO MATTER WHAT. IN REGARDS TO THE UTV CLASSES, THEY ARE THINKING OF 2, (1)STOCK -----BOLT ON FOR MOTOR AND STOCK SUSPENSION, (2)MODIFIED----- UP TO 800CC AND ANY CHANGE IN SUSPENSION (LT, CUSTOM ARMS, ETC), WE WILL ALL RUN TOGETHER BUT THE POINTS WILL BE SEPARATED. IT WILL BE A CASH PAYOUT DEPENDING ON THE AMOUNT OF ENTRIES. THIS SHOULD BE FUN, AND THE HOPES ARE JUST TO HAVE A FUN PLACE TO RACE FOR CHEAP. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN LET ME KNOW AND I WILL TALK TO AARON AND SWRA TO GET THEM ANSWERED.
:D:D:D:D

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
The races are scheduled now for September 26th & 27th
October 3rd
October 17th
November 14th
November 27th & 28th
There are not any points @ stake so you can make as many races as you want & not worry about points.

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
close drive for us yuma guys :D

You can bring Lawnmowerrepairman, Inghamracing & arcticfire333. Tell Codog he needs to come too. I won't be @ the first races becuase that is the weekend we bring our trailer home from the mountains. We plan to be @ the rest of the races. I have a 2005 YFZ450 quad that would be a good start for a race quad, if anybody is interested.

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
The pit gate opens @ 2:00 P.M. Saturday September 26th. with racing starting @ 6:00 P.M. The cost for driver & racecar is $40. then $40 each for pit crew members. You can join the SWRA & it will be a little cheaper @ each race. On Sunday the 27th the pit gate opens @ 10:00 A.M. & the races start @ 2:00 P.M. The weather is supposed to cool down a little for the weekend. I hope a bunch of you guys come & race because this will give you track time plus expose some of the stockcar people to stadium offroad racing. It could be great for both the offroading community & the stockcar community.

scmo777

Jan 20, 2009
Brawley, CA
OK guyz just left the track in El centro, looks like it will be fun to run, need to make a few changes but nothing big. It is going to be like this, forget my previous post on this:rolleyes::rolleyes:, The utv's will run on sunday only, and there will be no quads racing at all, Gates will open at 10:30, drivers meeting at 12:45, ande racing starts at 2:00, you will run in between the stock cars, you will get alittle track time before 2:00, It is going to be $40 for car and driver, and $40 per person in the pits (insurance reasons), it should be fun. Since this is the first one this year I am sure they are going to be looking for suggestions, but this is for fun to get the normal everyday guy out on the track. It is going to be a cash payout with no points involved.

If you have any questions give me a PM or cal me at 760 427 5555

scmo777

Jan 20, 2009
Brawley, CA
Blue give me a call I am working on Saturday and hope to get off sunday to see you guys that show up, Hopefully there will be guys there from Yuma also, I have been talking to them as well.

side x side tv

Banned Por Vida
Aug 5, 2009
it was hotter then $hit it looked like a nice track but it sucked that i when all that way but they gave me my money back and told me i could say and watch the races and do a few laps my self

scmo777

Jan 20, 2009
Brawley, CA
Trophy karts looked like they had a good time, but for the UTV's, blue was the only one that showed, they need to get there rules together so people know what they are looking for, I wouldn't drive a long distance for them to tell me that I can't run. They need to be more specific. but it can only get better. So maybe next time. I know there are at least 3 from yuma, a couple from pheonix area and even a couple from the valley if all goes well.:D

badinfluencerace

The Future Of SXS Racing is being Built in my Driv
Jan 30, 2009
yuma
if the races are on this saturday night i will come for sure with 2 more cars :D i need to know what time they are gonna start

Reactions: 1 person

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000