DUAL BATTER INSTALL

I'm going to install dual battiers in my razor XP. what I would like to know is what is the opinion of everyone on which islotar to run. I have seen two different manufactures that make automatic relay/switches that control the charging and use of the primary battery and aux battery. JayCorp and Sunforce are the two that I have found...anybody use either of these? Or is there something else out there that would be better.

thanks.

Long Travel Ind.

Human Welding Machine - UTVUnderground Approved
May 31, 2009
anaheim
we use a 120 Amp Solid State Waterproof Automatic Charging Relay
that Automatically combines battery banks during the charging cycle and isolates under discharge with a marine switch that Switches two battery banks simultaneously with one simple ON/OFF switch
while maintaining battery bank isolation, minimizing the risk of a dead Engine battery with a “Combine Batteries†function that offers the ability to combine two battery banks in the event of a low MAIN battery

kennyo15

Paramount Motorsports / Black Rhino - UTVUndergrou
Aug 19, 2009
Alpine, CA
I have seen alot of "eletronic" isolators, that seem to be put together very cheap. I like the looks of the one you you sell. Have you had good luck with them? It seems pretty straight forward on the install. Thanks for the lead!

Todd
We have had great luck with them. Let me know if you want to come by the store and check them out.

We have had great luck with them. Let me know if you want to come by the store and check them out.
I'll defiantly swing by and take a look at your store. However, It'll have to be after mid August, as I'm a active duty Marine who has been deployed for 11 months to Afghanistan. I finally get to come home early to mid August. I have my Razor XP on order and pick it up on the 20th of August. You have a great looking website and dig the pictures of your place. any discounts for Military?

kennyo15

Paramount Motorsports / Black Rhino - UTVUndergrou
Aug 19, 2009
Alpine, CA
I'll defiantly swing by and take a look at your store. However, It'll have to be after mid August, as I'm a active duty Marine who has been deployed for 11 months to Afghanistan. I finally get to come home early to mid August. I have my Razor XP on order and pick it up on the 20th of August. You have a great looking website and dig the pictures of your place. any discounts for Military?
Todd, thank you for your service to our great country. Please make sure you mention your military status if you ever purchase anything from Black Rhino. Yes we do have a very good discount price schedule for all military and public safety personal. Happy Independence Day.

RhinoMaster

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor - Black Rhino Perf
Hey Todd, ditto; thank you for your service. You stay out of harm's way over there and make it back home safe.

You're going to love your XP, they are awesome machines. If you need any help figuring out electrical, don't hesitate to ask.

Todd, thank you for your service to our great country. Please make sure you mention your military status if you ever purchase anything from Black Rhino. Yes we do have a very good discount price schedule for all military and public safety personal. Happy Independence Day.
Hey Todd, ditto; thank you for your service. You stay out of harm's way over there and make it back home safe.

You're going to love your XP, they are awesome machines. If you need any help figuring out electrical, don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks Fellows for the support...its been a long and tiresome year...I'm ready to get back to somewhat of a life Hhahaha...I'm pretty excited about getting that XP. Defiantly be coming by your shop to outfit it with some accessories.

Long Travel Ind.

Human Welding Machine - UTVUnderground Approved
May 31, 2009
anaheim
we use this relay in or dual battery setups in our opinion its better than the "starter" relay's most of the other companies use...

a few specs on it:

Allows temporary isolation of house loads from engine circuit during engine cranking to protect sensitive electronics
Automatically combines battery banks during the charging cycle and isolates under discharge
12/24 Volt auto ranging voltage input
Waterproof rated IP67 - temporary immersion for 30 minutes

Remote LED output indicates relay state away from ACR
LED light indicates when batteries are combined
LED blinks in under voltage lockout and starting lockout
Supports high-output alternators up to 120 Amperes
Included with the ADD A BATTERY Dual Circuit System
Automatically combines battery banks during the charging cycle and isolates under discharge
Activates from any charging source - alternators, battery chargers, or solar panels
Hermetically sealed contacts / vapor proof
Side and bottom knockouts for power cable connections
Clip-on cover protects and insulates terminal connections
Tin-plated copper studs for maximum corrosion resistance
7/8" (22.22mm) stud length to accept multiple cable terminals
1/4" x 0.031" male quick connect terminals for ground and remote LED and starting interrupt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000