Dogs in Camp

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
That sounds harsh, but seriously. I looked out the window at KOH the other morning and he's pulled his leash ancor out of the ground and was headed for the hills at 7am. I'm running barefooted across the camp in my boxers chasing after his punk ass. The little fag pisses on everything in sight, pissed on my friends foot, fought a bunch of other dogs, pissed in the borrowed rig I was in, and I just got home to vomit on the couch, floor, and piss all over the place. I'm tempted to put him out of my misery. :mad:
Just pissed myself....

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I don't ever bring our dog usually cause its like having to keep track of another kid. Plus sometimes he just takes off and my wife really likes that POS dog. Last thing I need is a pissed off wife and a dog on a milk carton!!

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
I don't ever bring our dog usually cause its like having to keep track of another kid. Plus sometimes he just takes off and my wife really likes that POS dog. Last thing I need is a pissed off wife and a dog on a milk carton!!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

speedyangie

The Need, The Need For SPEED.......UTVUndergroun d
Jul 31, 2011
Cali
I'll keep a better eye on my crack dog and only have her off leash when I'm supervising at all times. Otherwise, we'll have her tied up close to the trailer. No problemo. :)

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Holy crap, you're right Jim! This is a tough one! In my opinion this is a lose-lose situation:( It sucks to keep them locked up in the trailers, it sucks to keep them on leashes cause they bark and go crazy and it can suck to have them run cause like you said there's always the chance that they my run up on a aggressive dog. I guess in a perfect world it would be great if they could all just get along, but just like us dumb azz people, we know that does'nt always work out:eek: I think that the only solution is to be a little more cognisent of others and take turns letting out our problem children so everybody gets to have equal playtime:D

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
So last night I was out of town staying with a friend who was at KOH. His dog is one of the dogs that my dog had struck up a fight with and had a pissing war in the RV. I'll be damned if that fucker didnt piss on my jeans while I was sleeping last night. Not only did I step in the wet spot getting out of bed this morning, but I had to wear those jeans all morning. Fock me running. I think dogs know that I dont like them, and they intentionally fuck with me for their own enjoyment......

Anyone want a beautiful pure bread, well behaved house trained, adorable, loving, little shithead Dachshund?

#heranawayson

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
WE NEVER BROUGHT MAGGIE OUT BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T GET ALONG WITH OTHER DOGS. SHE WAS GREAT WITH PEOPLE, JUST DID NOT GET ALONG WITH OTHER DOGS. WE ALSO DID NOT WANT TO LOSE HER. AFTER ALMOST EVERY BIG WEEKEND WE READ IN THE PAPER ABOUT LOST DOGS.
I AM NOT BIG ON RULES EITHER BUT CAMP ETTIQUETTE SHOULD BE DISCUSSED.

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
That sounds harsh, but seriously. I looked out the window at KOH the other morning and he's pulled his leash ancor out of the ground and was headed for the hills at 7am. I'm running barefooted across the camp in my boxers chasing after his punk ass. The little fag pisses on everything in sight, pissed on my friends foot, fought a bunch of other dogs, pissed in the borrowed rig I was in, and I just got home to vomit on the couch, floor, and piss all over the place. I'm tempted to put him out of my misery. :mad:
I don't know if I want to see someone running barefooted across the camp in his boxers :eek:
We do have kids in camp too LOL ;-)

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
I have two German Shepherds that I love so much but they are just plain ass holes around other dogs. The crappy part is at 90 lbs and 115 lbs they can back up the bark. So bottom line is other dogs that can get along and have fun at camp with other dogs should not be punished because my dogs cant play nice so they have to stay at home if we camp in a group. And yes we have had to miss out on some fun holiday weekends because we had no one to watch the dogs.

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Brian - you got me rolling! Although, your POS cuddled up with me for two nights and no wet spots, guess I don't get him all worked up at night :p

For some reason there has been a shift in pet ownership or me growing up in a rural community, we raised animals different...People seems to think of their pets as their "kids", they are not, they are a pet. Plain and simple. They don't need a sweater, they don't need carried around to get from point A to point B, dog food is what they eat! I live in a postage stamp lot subdivision and a couple of my neighbors own very large dogs, why?!? How cruel can you be to not allow your animal the space it needs? Also, when my 4 year old son nearly pisses himself as a 140lb Great Dane runs into our front yard (unleashed and owner nowhere near the animal), don't act surprised when I tell you I'll effin shoot it the next time!

Believe me, I'm an animal lover, but becoming a Pet owner hater for the simple fact that not EVERYONE loves your dog/cat/turtle/lizard/snake whatever...how about I trap a nice canyon moutain loin and let it roam free in camp? How would everyone react to my kitty??? Take responsibility and leash your pet, contain your pet or leave them at home.

rhinoadick

Mar 1, 2010
Dogs have been a huge part of our world since the beginning of time.If it wasnt for dogs we would still be in caves.They deserve to be treated like GODS!Most of them. anyways are better then most people!.Let them roam.I believe if you cant imediatly see if a dog is going to be aggresive your just not very observent,and a little slow.Its really easy,just watch its ears and tail.duh!How long have you lived around dogs?.When your dog starts to gets aggresive = cut his nuts off,(not very popular I know)if its a female ??its your resposibility to socialize her/him with other dogs from day 1.Especially in a nuetral place like the desert where its no ones land.
!I have a girl thats off leash all the time because shes smarter then most people,and knows the rules?But my boy will take the punishment of being leashed for his trash picking or disapearing acts,so it a day to day battle with him.No fighters should be off leash,unless youve got complete verbal control of him/her.Wives inclueded.
Im just gonna say this.. I see more kids that should be leashed then dogs!

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
We have 5 dogs and then sometimes a foster dog. We tend to take 3 dogs with us. 1 does not do well with kids, we keep him in a safe place for him and the kids. The others including a lab have fun and are good off the leash. However that is usually done early morning for the poop runs and in the evening. If i let Charlie( yellow lab) run around camp usually some ones lunch comes up missing off of their lap!!!:D

On our last trip out the camp next to us their big mean looking dogs were in our camp for an hour, I approached 1 and it growled at me. I was ready to go to their camp and riop some one a new. However i was so mad I knew it would ruin my weekend, I just stayed away and just tryed to forget about it.

All you can do is handle your dogs in what seems fit for your camp. Obviously all dogs are supposed to be on leash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000