Disgusting magazine cover, dirt kings = dirt failure!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Woah, woah. Stop right there. I'm not defending them in any way, shape, or form. I said "we" may not like the cover, and by we I included myself. I won't be buying the mag either. I just feel that some people may be using them as a scapegoat.

If WE don't like what they have to say, then WE should not buy their products. If WE can stick to this, then their mag will cease to exist. I am intrigued to see if this will happen.

I think it's really easy to jump on the side of the good guy blaming all the bad people. But honestly, and my sympathy and prayers go to the family's of those who lost their lives, but those spectators were just as guilty as the idiots behind this magazine for tarnishing the reputation of the off road community. The mag is publicizing the stupidity of some of those among us, but those who were hurt got that way by not respecting the speed and power of those machines, and thus showing how irresponsible we can all be.
Look I know you aren't defending them. I misspoke there. I agree with you in many ways. I guess all I can say is I see the importance in not condoning or supporting stupidity at the same I really agree with most all of your points. I hate that this is the way the world is now. We are over sensitive and care too much about who what when where and why. F it, let's just ride!!!! lol

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
How long shall there continue lewd backstabbers to vend and slimy weasels to gulp so low a piece of emotionalism as Dirt Kings's philosophies? What exactly is Dirt Kings trying to hide? And has Dirt Kings ever considered what would happen if a small fraction of its time spent trying to flout all of society's rules was instead spent on something productive? This letter is not the place to explore the answers to those questions. Its purpose is instead to stop this insanity. Permit me this forum to rant.
Dirt Kings doesn't have any principles, or if it does, it puts them aside whenever they're inconvenient. Who could have guessed that Dirt Kings would emphasize the negative in our lives instead of accentuating the positive? To put it another way, is its incessant burbling about the wonders of cameralism supposed to convince us that casting ordinary consumption and investment decisions in the light of high religious purpose is essential for the safety and welfare of the public? I could give you the answer now, but it would be more productive for me first to inform you that its malicious dream is starting to come true. Liberties are being killed by attrition. Materialism is being installed by accretion. The only way that we can reverse these offensive, unbalanced trends is to denounce those who claim that Dirt Kings is a moral exemplar. To be precise, it uses language that would make a sailor blush. Regular readers of my letters probably take that for granted, but if I am to take the lemons that it's handing us and make lemonade, I must explain to the population at large that I feel that the best way to overcome misunderstanding, prejudice, and hate is by means of reason, common sense, clear thinking, and goodwill. Dirt Kings, in contrast, believes that it is the arbiter of all things. The conclusion to draw from this conflict of views should be obvious: I have never read anything Dirt Kings has written that I would consider wise, logical, pertinent, reasonable, or scientific. Its statement that I and others who think it's a subhuman bureaucrat are secretly using etheric attachment cords to drain people's karmic energy is no exception. What's more, its most recent crafty claim (viz., that it's morally obligated to help slaphappy fugitives evade capture by the authorities) is a tissue of lies, bias, and emotional manipulation from beginning to end. A person could write a whole book on that topic alone. In order to be as brief as possible, though, I'll state simply that Dirt Kings likes modes of thought that appropriate sacred symbols for inarticulate purposes. Could there be a conflict of interest there? If you were to ask me, I'd say that when a friend wants to drive inebriated, you try to stop him. Well, Dirt Kings is drunk with power, which is why we must analyze its beliefs (as I would certainly not call them logically reasoned arguments) in the manner of sociological studies of mass communication and persuasion.
Dirt Kings has been making a ham-handed effort to show that we should abandon the institutionalized and revered concept of democracy. I'm guessing that most people are starting to realize that such claims are a distortion of the truth and that we desperately need to combat these lies by preventing the Dirt Kings-induced catastrophe I foresee and saving our nation from its time of deepest humiliation and disgrace. With friends like Dirt Kings, who needs enemies? I mean, many people are looking for a modern-day Moses who will split the sea of misoneism and detail the specific steps and objectives needed to thwart Dirt Kings's antihumanist schemes. I can't claim that I'm the right person for the job, but I can say that Dirt Kings truly believes that everyone who scrambles aboard the Dirt Kings bandwagon is guaranteed a smooth ride. I hope you realize that that's just a snarky pipe dream from a spiteful, foolish pipe and that in the real world, Dirt Kings sees the world as somewhat anarchic, a game of catch-as-catch-can in which the sneakiest bullies nab the biggest prizes.
Too many emotions to count raced through my mind when I first realized that iconoclastic conspiracy theorists like Dirt Kings are not born—they are excreted. However unsavory that metaphor may be, by refusing to act, by refusing to chastise Dirt Kings for not doing any research before spouting off, we are giving Dirt Kings the power to push our efforts two steps backward. To Hell with Dirt Kings! Dirt Kings presents one face to the public, a face that tells people what they want to hear. Then, in private, it devises new schemes to get as many people as possible to line up behind the geek-tent barkers at the latest and greatest carnival of Maoism. As Dirt Kings matures morally it'll eventually grow out of its present way of thinking and come to realize that our battle with it is a battle between spiritualism and sadism, between tradition and subversion, between the defenders of Western civilization and its enemies. With the battle lines drawn as such, it is abundantly clear that Dirt Kings has never satisfactorily proved its assertion that it can achieve its goals by friendly and moral conduct. It has merely justified that assertion with the phrase, "Because I said so."
Although I can find only circumstantial evidence of misconduct and rule violations, I've received appreciative notes from academic psychologists and students of culture who deplore the misapplication of their subjects by ideologues like Dirt Kings. This issue is coming to the fore because Dirt Kings has come up with proven methods to make impetuous rascals out to be something they're not. All you have to do is let your guard down. Let me close where I began: Mankind, with all of its accumulated knowledge, wonderful machines, scientific methods, and material power, still has much to fear from mendacious extremists like Dirt Kings.

I feel much better now :cool:
Exactly. LMFAO

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
i couldnt agree more!You rock Trunknuts!I think joey hit on the true problem here.=age!yep age!Have all of you forgot what it feels like to be young and dumb and full of vineger?Fk the media if they spin this to make a ratings boost.Dont worry about the image of offroading,they(the non offroaders ) will never get it anyway! It seems that in other states(not pussified california)that this mag would be right up the younger rednecks alley!Guns horsepower chicks,yes very narrow minded thinking but were men arent we?Again ,Dont worry about what could go bad for us offroaders when (like it or not) these are our roots.Raising hell in a place where there are no cops or geezers around to contain your hella fun raising.Get off your high horses and laugh at this cover, its a f-ing joke.Who's gonna runover a hottie like her anyway?just take a momment to remember why you chose offroad not road racing.Offroaders are nuts to do what we do(if you do it right) risk of injury, destroying your ride.Offroading aint fer wimps.the comments here sound like something my grandma would say,and i personally never want to grow up!Let them soil there own oats,and clean up after them the way you would a child that knows no better.
I really like this site too!
Agreed......lol great points

trunknuts

Jul 11, 2010
Look I know you aren't defending them. I misspoke there. I agree with you in many ways. I guess all I can say is I see the importance in not condoning or supporting stupidity at the same I really agree with most all of your points. I hate that this is the way the world is now. We are over sensitive and care too much about who what when where and why. F it, let's just ride!!!! lol
Great! We'll agree to agree and disagree at the same time.:) Let's have a beer, then wait an hour, then ride. lol

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I love this country, I love this site..........give respect get respect....Joey has come a long way from the cocksnapper days...... I love the heart in most of the post!!!!

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
"Don’t be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn’t do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn’t know what you know today." - Malcolm X

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
The point being that just because the editor is an f'in idiot, it doesn't mean that they can't become aware to the errors they make...

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Jim, I am flabbergasted that you have such a profound knack for prose! I also didn't know that you have become the penultimate psychoanalyst.:D Those online classes have sure paid off, huh?

I was wondering if I could make an appointment for next week?
:eek: I've got a few things on my mind I need to work out... LOL!!!

In response, 'cause I know you all expected me to have something to say, LOL!!! I would like to point out (which I think is your point Jim) if we spent half as much time analyzing this dirtbag magazines intentions, as trying to figure out who we should be voting for and supporting in the next round of elections, we wouldn't have anything to worry about! We wouldn't need to be the poster child for the public, this kind of crap wouldn't be happening with a little less legislation!

These folks at Dirt bag/crap/whatever are insignificant in the big picture. What "we" do, UTVUnderground, its affiliates and sponsors and members, far outweigh anything negative this trash mag can generate.

I think "we" waste far too much time trying to spank these punks than they deserve. As others have pointed out it's just advertising for them.

I say ignore them and they will quietly fade away because that kind of in your face journalism isn't well received by 99% of the populace as evidenced here. So this may be a one shot wonder.

Now let's throw some frosty ones in the refrigerator, hook up the tow vehicles and go to where peace and tranquility abound!

As a famous Mexican gentlemen so eloquently said, "Si la vida es muy corta ;-)"

Yes life is too short to let these little things occupy our time.

Peace....

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Jim, I am flabbergasted that you have such a profound knack for prose! I also didn't know that you have become the penultimate psychoanalyst.:D Those online classes have sure paid off, huh?

I was wondering if I could make an appointment for next week?:eek: I've got a few things on my mind I need to work out... LOL!!!

In response, 'cause I know you all expected me to have something to say, LOL!!! I would like to point out (which I think is your point Jim) if we spent half as much time analyzing this dirtbag magazines intentions, as trying to figure out who we should be voting for and supporting in the next round of elections, we wouldn't have anything to worry about! We wouldn't need to be the poster child for the public, this kind of crap wouldn't be happening with a little less legislation!

These folks at Dirt bag/crap/whatever are insignificant in the big picture. What "we" do, UTVUnderground, its affiliates and sponsors and members, far outweigh anything negative this trash mag can generate.

I think "we" waste far too much time trying to spank these punks than they deserve. As others have pointed out it's just advertising for them.

I say ignore them and they will quietly fade away because that kind of in your face journalism isn't well received by 99% of the populace as evidenced here. So this may be a one shot wonder.

Now let's throw some frosty ones in the refrigerator, hook up the tow vehicles and go to where peace and tranquility abound!

As a famous Mexican gentlemen so eloquently said, "Si la vida es muy corta ;-)"

Yes life is too short to let these little things occupy our time.

Peace....
I WAS WAITING FOR YOU TO GRACE US WITH YOUR WISDOM. THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS. GOOD JOB. I THINK THEY GOT THE MESSAGE THEY CHANGED THEIR STORY NOW. THEY SAY THEY DID NOT INTEND IT TO REMIND ANYONE OF THE MDR CA. 200. NOT MUCH OF AN APOLOGY JUST A C.Y.A. STATEMENT.
WE NEED TO PUT OUR BEST FOOT FORWARD & REPRESENT THE OFFROAD COMMUNITY IN A GOOD LIGHT & TRY TO EDUCATE THE DGAFs THAT YOU CAN HAVE A GREAT TIME IN THE DESERT WITHOUT DESTROYING ANYTHING OR TERRORIZING ANYONE ELSE.
I STILL LIKE CRUSTY DEMONS, QUICKSAND & WHAT REALLY HAPPENS @ GLAMIS. THEY SHOW US HOW NOT TO ACT IN THE DUNES BUT THEY ALSO SHOW SOME REALLY NICE MACHINES & SCENERY. YES I AM VERY OLD. I DID STUPID THINGS WHEN I WAS YOUNG BUT I WAS RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS & ONLY DID STUPID THINGS THAT WOULD HURT ME NOT OTHERS & NEVER DID ANYTHING TO OTHER PEOPLES PROPERTY.

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
I WAS WAITING FOR YOU TO GRACE US WITH YOUR WISDOM. THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS. GOOD JOB. I THINK THEY GOT THE MESSAGE THEY CHANGED THEIR STORY NOW. THEY SAY THEY DID NOT INTEND IT TO REMIND ANYONE OF THE MDR CA. 200. NOT MUCH OF AN APOLOGY JUST A C.Y.A. STATEMENT.
WE NEED TO PUT OUR BEST FOOT FORWARD & REPRESENT THE OFFROAD COMMUNITY IN A GOOD LIGHT & TRY TO EDUCATE THE DGAFs THAT YOU CAN HAVE A GREAT TIME IN THE DESERT WITHOUT DESTROYING ANYTHING OR TERRORIZING ANYONE ELSE.
I STILL LIKE CRUSTY DEMONS, QUICKSAND & WHAT REALLY HAPPENS @ GLAMIS. THEY SHOW US HOW NOT TO ACT IN THE DUNES BUT THEY ALSO SHOW SOME REALLY NICE MACHINES & SCENERY. YES I AM VERY OLD. I DID STUPID THINGS WHEN I WAS YOUNG BUT I WAS RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS & ONLY DID STUPID THINGS THAT WOULD HURT ME NOT OTHERS & NEVER DID ANYTHING TO OTHER PEOPLES PROPERTY.
Ditto, I always figured if someone was going to die, it's only me, and that I can live with ;->)

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="Hyperlink"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> Cognito Motorsports would like to comment on the subject of the recently published 'Dirt Kings' magazine. The cover and cover story is indeed a poor decision by magazine staff in a time where a memory of a horrible off road accident creates a very touchy and offensive memories for all and especially those involved and their families.

This magazine was marketed to Cognito as edgy and different, and that was one of the reasons we decided to advertise in it. Unfortunately, advertisers like us are not disclosed the options or exact contents and stories that editors and staff of the magazine will use. We will not speak for everyone else who advertised in this magazine but we are confident they share the same views as we do at Cognito, and that we do not support the cover theme and cover story that was chosen. We definitely would not have supported this magazine if we knew what the editors were doing with it. Even though we do not believe it was intentional by the magazine, it was definitely irresponsible, of bad judgment and thoughtlessness.

Sincerely, Cognito Motorsports

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Dirt Kings magazine

Some of you have asked for a comment, so here is our official statement. Feel free to cut & paste onto your favorite web forum:
Dirt Kings magazine is absolute humor, and nothing but.
The cover was pulled straight from a feature within the magazine, depicting a scene where the driver of the truck was beaten up by the girls for his stupidity (running through their picnic). It was a comic book-type of feature done with a campy ‘80s action movie theme. We’ve included the story here in this post so you can see it, or you can actually open the magazine and read it for yourself.
The fact that some are associating our cover with a tragic accident that happened last year is disheartening to say the least. Do you really think we’d do something like poke fun of a tragedy like that?! Of course not. This in no way had to do with any actual event that has ever happened, nor would we ever make fun of any tragedy.
The entire cover is a joke and very obviously staged, from the cover blurbs to the Photoshopped image (we would never really put models in harm’s way). This magazine is meant to be about having fun, and that’s it. The creative powers behind this magazine have fought for off-road land use rights for years and we will continue to do so.
We’re sorry that some people got the wrong idea about the cover, as this in no way was supposed to glorify any type of actual tragic event. Luckily, the majority of readers will not make that incorrect association (between the cover and the accident last year) that some people have initially made. Had we known that anyone would (have made that association), we would have gone a different route for the cover. We’re not looking to do anything but give you all a good laugh.
-Jack Burton
Dirt Kings magazine

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Hummm, on the first page! It is always important my friends to keep an open mind;) But as the Mob says Hang them and Hang then high! :eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I might agree PB, but what about the cover leads one to believe it's a "MAD" magazine? I'll buy the poking fun at, but when it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a pigeon?

I appreciate their response, and at this point have no reason but to give them the benefit of doubt, but time will tell, and maybe this will allow a little more scrutiny when trying to poke fun at events/happenings.

There's a boatload of folks in this world who've lost their lives and have been seriously maimed because of trying to poke fun at someone, and as you also said, be ready for the backlash should you choose to do it.:)

Thank you for the explanation Jack.

Dan....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000