Disgusting magazine cover, dirt kings = dirt failure!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Lifted this from Pat. UTVUG advertisers in red.

Advertisers. There are a lot of respectable companies on this list and I hope they do what's right and not support a rag like this any longer. I have already sent Camburg a text and also know the owner of Bullet Proof Diesel so I am emailing him right now.

Rough Country Suspension
Fox racing Shocks
Go Pro
Mickey Thompson Tires
Corbeau Seats
McGaughys Suspension Parts
Interco Tires (super swamper)
Road Armor
Addictive desert designs
Bullet Proof Diesel
Camburg
Bilstein
Cognito motorsports
Air raid
Truck ADD ons
XDP Diesel Power
Top Gun Customz
Night Hawk Shocks
Pit Bull Tires
Trail Master Suspension
KC Hilites
Harbor Frieght tools
BDS suspension
Dynatrack
Poly Performance
Pure performance
EBC brakes
Auto anything.com
Lockstraps.com
Evo mfg
Br4ss underwear
Dirt alliance
Trail ready wheels
Bluetorch fabworks
Sullen clothing
Total Chaos
Edge products
Tom woods drive shafts.

Let us remember that these companies above have in no way condoned or supported this cover. If those of you choose to contact them to inform them of your displeasure of the magazine they are advertising in make sure you do so with respect.

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
This is not about the pussification of America, this is about the blatant, irresponsible attitude of those willing to sell us all out to make a buck. In a day and age where we are losing rights to land we all should be able to enjoy and drive on we do not need magazines or media of any kind using such bad taste in promoting the sport.
Well said sir, well said.

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
Very nicely said Joey!

And as far as pussification goes, Speaking up for something you believe is right or wrong is not being a pussy... It's not speaking up about your beliefs that would be "pussified"

I simply wanted to get it out there to other fellow offroaders that the reputation of offroad can be highly misconstrued if crap that this continues to be published. Now that I've done that, and at least got people aware and thinking... I'm done posting in this particular thread

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
this is what happens when "bro's" ( guys with big donky trucks with fifties in the back) make a magazine and have no idea what offroading is really about other than getting wasted and racing mini bikes around the camp. i give it one issue than they will be gone.

Charlene

UTVWeekly / Bower Motorsports Media - UTVUndergrou
Feb 18, 2011
There are some balls moving in the right direction...

However...I need you help!

STATE HOW YOU FEEL about the Cover! I know no one is shy on here...so go for it! Get it out of your system!

Then, please, let it go.
Thank you!

trunknuts

Jul 11, 2010
There are so many points to make here I don't know where to start. Looks like I ruffled a few feathers though. First off, regarding the spectators killed in the California 200, yes what happened really sucked. I think the accident struck a blow to the offroading community nation wide (if not worldwide). However, was it really an accident? Lets not kid ourselves. This was going to happen eventually. If it had happened at any of the SCORE Baja events most would've said "Stupid Mexicans, that's what they get for getting so close and being so wreckless." I can bet my life those comments would have been made.

Just look at these images:

Scenes like these are repeated again and again in various races. Mexico and US alike. I mean, it's common sense! Big truck going really, really fast! I know, lets get as close as possible. This, at least to me, is really STUPID! Had those spectators, and all others for that matter, kept their distance this would have never happened. Lets look at what really happened and learn to take some responsibility. I'm not trying to upset anyone. I'm just pointing out what should be obvious.

Now as far as these knuckleheads that put this magazine together, sure, it may premature to make light of the situation. But you want to "hold them accountable?" Hold them accountable for what? Making a bad joke? Having bad taste? If the media wants to make our community look bad, they don't have to use the cover of this magazine. They just have to point out how reckless spectators are by getting so close to the action. Now we, and yes I mean we, may not like this cover, but I thought I was in the USA. Where we should all be able to say whatever the #ell we want whenever we feel like saying it.

Now to answer waytay's question of who is winning here? Well you may not of known who they were until this thread, but now that you do know them do you think you would buy a copy of their mag or refer it to anyone? I think not....
Now call me silly, but if I didn't know about the mag and its cover I don't think I would ever have sought it out, or referred anyone for that matter. But now I do know about it, and now I'm interested to find out what will become of them after this. Will they retract? Will they apologize. Honestly, I'm intrigued. Without this thread, I wouldn't be. I think that was waytay's point.

This leads me to my "pussification of America" comment. As a society we have become so damn sensitive of what others say. We have to constantly "walk on eggshells" and make sure we don't offend anyone. Look at what happened to Tracy Morgan. He made what some consider to have been an offensive joke and so many people were offended by it. Now, we don't make gay jokes, right? Right? I say who give a $#it? Let 'em say it. Someone should make fun of him. You can either laugh or turn your heads.

I realize that people are still upset at what happened at this particular race. But don't take it out these guys. They didn't push those spectators in front of the truck.

There's a little bit of an adrenaline junkie inside us all. After all, that's what make us enjoy this high speed "sport." We may not have raced through campgrounds (which I'm still not convinced is what's on the cover), but we were all at least a little reckless at some point. Enjoy the sport, and take the good with the bad...

BTW, I love this site. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Oh, and please don't ban me...

trunknuts

Jul 11, 2010
Wow. It's getting harder and harder to defend freedom of speech with a-holes like this. :eek: "How To Wreck A Rental Car" ???!!!???:eek:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
There are so many points to make here I don't know where to start. Looks like I ruffled a few feathers though. First off, regarding the spectators killed in the California 200, yes what happened really sucked. I think the accident struck a blow to the offroading community nation wide (if not worldwide). However, was it really an accident? Lets not kid ourselves. This was going to happen eventually. If it had happened at any of the SCORE Baja events most would've said "Stupid Mexicans, that's what they get for getting so close and being so wreckless." I can bet my life those comments would have been made.

Scenes like these are repeated again and again in various races. Mexico and US alike. I mean, it's common sense! Big truck going really, really fast! I know, lets get as close as possible. This, at least to me, is really STUPID! Had those spectators, and all others for that matter, kept their distance this would have never happened. Lets look at what really happened and learn to take some responsibility. I'm not trying to upset anyone. I'm just pointing out what should be obvious.

Now as far as these knuckleheads that put this magazine together, sure, it may premature to make light of the situation. But you want to "hold them accountable?" Hold them accountable for what? Making a bad joke? Having bad taste? If the media wants to make our community look bad, they don't have to use the cover of this magazine. They just have to point out how reckless spectators are by getting so close to the action. Now we, and yes I mean we, may not like this cover, but I thought I was in the USA. Where we should all be able to say whatever the #ell we want whenever we feel like saying it.

Now call me silly, but if I didn't know about the mag and its cover I don't think I would ever have sought it out, or referred anyone for that matter. But now I do know about it, and now I'm interested to find out what will become of them after this. Will they retract? Will they apologize. Honestly, I'm intrigued. Without this thread, I wouldn't be. I think that was waytay's point.

This leads me to my "pussification of America" comment. As a society we have become so damn sensitive of what others say. We have to constantly "walk on eggshells" and make sure we don't offend anyone. Look at what happened to Tracy Morgan. He made what some consider to have been an offensive joke and so many people were offended by it. Now, we don't make gay jokes, right? Right? I say who give a $#it? Let 'em say it. Someone should make fun of him. You can either laugh or turn your heads.

I realize that people are still upset at what happened at this particular race. But don't take it out these guys. They didn't push those spectators in front of the truck.

There's a little bit of an adrenaline junkie inside us all. After all, that's what make us enjoy this high speed "sport." We may not have raced through campgrounds (which I'm still not convinced is what's on the cover), but we were all at least a little reckless at some point. Enjoy the sport, and take the good with the bad...

BTW, I love this site. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Oh, and please don't ban me...

First off you're not going to be banned....

I have no problem with freedom of speech, I don't care if the guys went out and said "RUN OVER PEOPLE". That doesn't change the fact that this was done in poor taste. The reason people are pissed off is because we don't need idiots like this portraying all of us off roaders to the general public as moronic idiots driving trucks into people and lunch tables on purpose. Its not about what they said and how they said it, its when they did it and how it is going to be portrayed in light of the last years events. Its not just about the California 200, its about portraying off roaders as goons who DGAF about anyone else or anything else.

Be free, say what you want but when you do something that pisses off a large group (or small group) dont complain when you have to deal with the negative backlash you brought on. That's what this is. Its a backlash from people who do not want to be represented this way anymore.

Back in the day Crusty Demons of Dirt was awesome to me. Owned all the DVD's. But now I realize, as I have grown up that doing that crap is lame and not cool. It is destructive not just to me as a person but to my friends and fellow off roaders who want to actually camp and ride in the desert. Not just get wasted, blow crap up, and act a fool for the fun of it.

So you can play devil's advocate and stir the pot and defend what they did, and you do make some very valid points for which I agree. But at the end of the day we as off road media have a higher responsibility now to not give those who stand against us any more ammo then they already have. Reality is that magazine is just that, a magazine. But there really are still a bunch of idiots that are ruining our deserts and riding trails by acting like complete lawless tools. All I am saying to this magazine and anyone who condones this type of printed or public material is grow the F up and start looking at the real root of what off roading is all about. The days of bro'in' it up and going to the desert to let off steam, drive like asshats, and not be punished for it are long gone. And so are the days of promoting it as if its still cool.

Reactions: 1 person

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
First off you're not going to be banned....

I have no problem with freedom of speech, I don't care if the guys went out and said "RUN OVER PEOPLE". That doesn't change the fact that this was done in poor taste. The reason people are pissed off is because we don't need idiots like this portraying all of us off roaders to the general public as moronic idiots driving trucks into people and lunch tables on purpose. Its not about what they said and how they said it, its when they did it and how it is going to be portrayed in light of the last years events. Its not just about the California 200, its about portraying off roaders as goons who DGAF about anyone else or anything else.

Be free, say what you want but when you do something that pisses off a large group (or small group) dont complain when you have to deal with the negative backlash you brought on. That's what this is. Its a backlash from people who do not want to be represented this way anymore.

Back in the day Crusty Demons of Dirt was awesome to me. Owned all the DVD's. But now I realize, as I have grown up that doing that crap is lame and not cool. It is destructive not just to me as a person but to my friends and fellow off roaders who want to actually camp and ride in the desert. Not just get wasted, blow crap up, and act a fool for the fun of it.

So you can play devil's advocate and stir the pot and defend what they did, and you do make some very valid points for which I agree. But at the end of the day we as off road media have a higher responsibility now to not give those who stand against us any more ammo then they already have. Reality is that magazine is just that, a magazine. But there really are still a bunch of idiots that are ruining our deserts and riding trails by acting like complete lawless tools. All I am saying to this magazine and anyone who condones this type of printed or public material is grow the F up and start looking at the real root of what off roading is all about. The days of bro'in' it up and going to the desert to let off steam, drive like asshats, and not be punished for it are long gone. And so are the days of promoting it as if its still cool.

Very well said Joey.

trunknuts

Jul 11, 2010
So you can play devil's advocate and stir the pot and defend what they did
Woah, woah. Stop right there. I'm not defending them in any way, shape, or form. I said "we" may not like the cover, and by we I included myself. I won't be buying the mag either. I just feel that some people may be using them as a scapegoat.

If WE don't like what they have to say, then WE should not buy their products. If WE can stick to this, then their mag will cease to exist. I am intrigued to see if this will happen.

Well said sir, well said.
Very nicely said Joey!
Wat to lay it out Joe well said.
Very well said Joey.
I think it's really easy to jump on the side of the good guy blaming all the bad people. But honestly, and my sympathy and prayers go to the family's of those who lost their lives, but those spectators were just as guilty as the idiots behind this magazine for tarnishing the reputation of the off road community. The mag is publicizing the stupidity of some of those among us, but those who were hurt got that way by not respecting the speed and power of those machines, and thus showing how irresponsible we can all be.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
There are some balls moving in the right direction...

However...I need you help!

STATE HOW YOU FEEL about the Cover! I know no one is shy on here...so go for it! Get it out of your system!

Then, please, let it go.
Thank you!
How long shall there continue lewd backstabbers to vend and slimy weasels to gulp so low a piece of emotionalism as Dirt Kings's philosophies? What exactly is Dirt Kings trying to hide? And has Dirt Kings ever considered what would happen if a small fraction of its time spent trying to flout all of society's rules was instead spent on something productive? This letter is not the place to explore the answers to those questions. Its purpose is instead to stop this insanity. Permit me this forum to rant.
Dirt Kings doesn't have any principles, or if it does, it puts them aside whenever they're inconvenient. Who could have guessed that Dirt Kings would emphasize the negative in our lives instead of accentuating the positive? To put it another way, is its incessant burbling about the wonders of cameralism supposed to convince us that casting ordinary consumption and investment decisions in the light of high religious purpose is essential for the safety and welfare of the public? I could give you the answer now, but it would be more productive for me first to inform you that its malicious dream is starting to come true. Liberties are being killed by attrition. Materialism is being installed by accretion. The only way that we can reverse these offensive, unbalanced trends is to denounce those who claim that Dirt Kings is a moral exemplar. To be precise, it uses language that would make a sailor blush. Regular readers of my letters probably take that for granted, but if I am to take the lemons that it's handing us and make lemonade, I must explain to the population at large that I feel that the best way to overcome misunderstanding, prejudice, and hate is by means of reason, common sense, clear thinking, and goodwill. Dirt Kings, in contrast, believes that it is the arbiter of all things. The conclusion to draw from this conflict of views should be obvious: I have never read anything Dirt Kings has written that I would consider wise, logical, pertinent, reasonable, or scientific. Its statement that I and others who think it's a subhuman bureaucrat are secretly using etheric attachment cords to drain people's karmic energy is no exception. What's more, its most recent crafty claim (viz., that it's morally obligated to help slaphappy fugitives evade capture by the authorities) is a tissue of lies, bias, and emotional manipulation from beginning to end. A person could write a whole book on that topic alone. In order to be as brief as possible, though, I'll state simply that Dirt Kings likes modes of thought that appropriate sacred symbols for inarticulate purposes. Could there be a conflict of interest there? If you were to ask me, I'd say that when a friend wants to drive inebriated, you try to stop him. Well, Dirt Kings is drunk with power, which is why we must analyze its beliefs (as I would certainly not call them logically reasoned arguments) in the manner of sociological studies of mass communication and persuasion.
Dirt Kings has been making a ham-handed effort to show that we should abandon the institutionalized and revered concept of democracy. I'm guessing that most people are starting to realize that such claims are a distortion of the truth and that we desperately need to combat these lies by preventing the Dirt Kings-induced catastrophe I foresee and saving our nation from its time of deepest humiliation and disgrace. With friends like Dirt Kings, who needs enemies? I mean, many people are looking for a modern-day Moses who will split the sea of misoneism and detail the specific steps and objectives needed to thwart Dirt Kings's antihumanist schemes. I can't claim that I'm the right person for the job, but I can say that Dirt Kings truly believes that everyone who scrambles aboard the Dirt Kings bandwagon is guaranteed a smooth ride. I hope you realize that that's just a snarky pipe dream from a spiteful, foolish pipe and that in the real world, Dirt Kings sees the world as somewhat anarchic, a game of catch-as-catch-can in which the sneakiest bullies nab the biggest prizes.
Too many emotions to count raced through my mind when I first realized that iconoclastic conspiracy theorists like Dirt Kings are not born—they are excreted. However unsavory that metaphor may be, by refusing to act, by refusing to chastise Dirt Kings for not doing any research before spouting off, we are giving Dirt Kings the power to push our efforts two steps backward. To Hell with Dirt Kings! Dirt Kings presents one face to the public, a face that tells people what they want to hear. Then, in private, it devises new schemes to get as many people as possible to line up behind the geek-tent barkers at the latest and greatest carnival of Maoism. As Dirt Kings matures morally it'll eventually grow out of its present way of thinking and come to realize that our battle with it is a battle between spiritualism and sadism, between tradition and subversion, between the defenders of Western civilization and its enemies. With the battle lines drawn as such, it is abundantly clear that Dirt Kings has never satisfactorily proved its assertion that it can achieve its goals by friendly and moral conduct. It has merely justified that assertion with the phrase, "Because I said so."
Although I can find only circumstantial evidence of misconduct and rule violations, I've received appreciative notes from academic psychologists and students of culture who deplore the misapplication of their subjects by ideologues like Dirt Kings. This issue is coming to the fore because Dirt Kings has come up with proven methods to make impetuous rascals out to be something they're not. All you have to do is let your guard down. Let me close where I began: Mankind, with all of its accumulated knowledge, wonderful machines, scientific methods, and material power, still has much to fear from mendacious extremists like Dirt Kings.

I feel much better now :cool:

rhinoadick

Mar 1, 2010

i couldnt agree more!You rock Trunknuts!I think joey hit on the true problem here.=age!yep age!Have all of you forgot what it feels like to be young and dumb and full of vineger?Fk the media if they spin this to make a ratings boost.Dont worry about the image of offroading,they(the non offroaders ) will never get it anyway! It seems that in other states(not pussified california)that this mag would be right up the younger rednecks alley!Guns horsepower chicks,yes very narrow minded thinking but were men arent we?Again ,Dont worry about what could go bad for us offroaders when (like it or not) these are our roots.Raising hell in a place where there are no cops or geezers around to contain your hella fun raising.Get off your high horses and laugh at this cover, its a f-ing joke.Who's gonna runover a hottie like her anyway?just take a momment to remember why you chose offroad not road racing.Offroaders are nuts to do what we do(if you do it right) risk of injury, destroying your ride.Offroading aint fer wimps.the comments here sound like something my grandma would say,and i personally never want to grow up!Let them soil there own oats,and clean up after them the way you would a child that knows no better.
I really like this site too!

G.T.

Jan 15, 2010
Gilroy, CA
Growing up as a part of the off road community I feel the same way the majority of the posters in this thread do...its unfortunate to see people enter the sport for the "image" and not the shear enjoyment that this (what I deem family oriented) sport can provide. Call me naive but I can't believe that the bro subculture is a large enough target demographic to publish an entire magazine lauding their lifestyle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000