Disgusting magazine cover, dirt kings = dirt failure!!

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
For those of you who haven't seen the new brotastic magazine "dirt kings" I urge you to take a look at there first issues cover. The scene on the cover is a offroad truck plowing through a campsite with a picnic bench and two girls running and screaming. In the midst of a few days ago being the California 200 memorial, they publish this crap????

If anyone knows or is associated with these yahoos, tell them to yank all copies from the shelves!!

If anyone is running ads in this magazine, I would stop wasting your money

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
Thanks Joey, I posted from my iPhone so I couldn't post a photo for everyone to see the crap they are trying to sell

I agree, Lame!

dbestduner

Jul 13, 2011
you should of seen the bro's at the memorial getting smashed, not participating in the raffle or helping out at all...

bunch of bropah winfrey's!!

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
There not responding with explanation at all though, many people have posted there thoughts on how distasteful the cover was on there Facebook page, and they make no attempt at explanation, simply continue to delete people's post...

If there is some sort of explanation they should atleast address those that are clearly showing they are disturbed by it, rather than just deleting the post and moving on

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
Actually I take that back, went and looked, they respond with sarcasm saying thank you to all there fans!!

Class act offroad enthusiast for sure :eek:

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
It is called free speech and Capitalism, if they don't sell they will be gone! I don't think it has anything to do with the 200! I think it is about vehicles Vs hikers and still might be in bad taste, but magazines like Mad have worked of the extremes, and some tree hugger and PETA mags do the same! I think I would like to hear from management before I pass judgement! I think some are hyper sensitive in a small community of a small community? :eek::eek::eek:
YES IT IS FREE SPEECH & I GET IT. THEY SHOULD HAVE SHOWN TREE HUGGERS PICKING MILK VETCH & HUGGING A BUNNY. THAT WOULD BE FUNNY & GET THEIR POINT ACROSS. NORMAL GIRLS @ A PICNIC TABLE DOESN'T REALLY RELAY THAT POINT. JUST DISRESPECT.

trunknuts

Jul 11, 2010
Here we go again... from a marketing standpoint the cover is doing its job! It's stirring the pot and getting people interested (good or bad). This is the "pussification" of America. Stop complaining. It's real simple. Dont like it, don't buy it! By posting this you got people Googling the topic. I know I did. So would it be fair if I said you're part of the problem by bringing the topic up? Just playing "Devil's advocate" here. God, I hope I don't get banned for this!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
More Bro-ness...yo

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_3jjNYXMEc]BRO' Official Trailer w/Danny Trejo, Beau Manley, Colin "Scummy" Morrison and Larry Fessenden - YouTube[/ame]

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Lifted this from Pat. UTVUG advertisers in red.

Advertisers. There are a lot of respectable companies on this list and I hope they do what's right and not support a rag like this any longer. I have already sent Camburg a text and also know the owner of Bullet Proof Diesel so I am emailing him right now.

Rough Country Suspension
Fox racing Shocks
Go Pro
Mickey Thompson Tires
Corbeau Seats
McGaughys Suspension Parts
Interco Tires (super swamper)
Road Armor
Addictive desert designs
Bullet Proof Diesel
Camburg
Bilstein
Cognito motorsports
Air raid
Truck ADD ons
XDP Diesel Power
Top Gun Customz
Night Hawk Shocks
Pit Bull Tires
Trail Master Suspension
KC Hilites
Harbor Frieght tools
BDS suspension
Dynatrack
Poly Performance
Pure performance
EBC brakes
Auto anything.com
Lockstraps.com
Evo mfg
Br4ss underwear
Dirt alliance
Trail ready wheels
Bluetorch fabworks
Sullen clothing
Total Chaos
Edge products
Tom woods drive shafts.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
PUSSIFICATION??? Yes dont like dont buy it!!! Does not mean that you cant let the publisher know your feelings. The fact that it clashes with recent feelings due to another tragic accident does not make it wrong to publish. If their motive is to sell to boneheads that think it portrays their lifestyle it is their right.

However that is not my lifestyle and I have not missed the lack of bro's at glamis the last few seasons that is for sure. Bummer is I never would have known it existed except for this thread????Who won here???

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Lifted this from Pat. UTVUG advertisers in red.

Advertisers. There are a lot of respectable companies on this list and I hope they do what's right and not support a rag like this any longer. I have already sent Camburg a text and also know the owner of Bullet Proof Diesel so I am emailing him right now.

Rough Country Suspension
Fox racing Shocks
Go Pro
Mickey Thompson Tires
Corbeau Seats
McGaughys Suspension Parts
Interco Tires (super swamper)
Road Armor
Addictive desert designs
Bullet Proof Diesel
Camburg
Bilstein
Cognito motorsports
Air raid
Truck ADD ons
XDP Diesel Power
Top Gun Customz
Night Hawk Shocks
Pit Bull Tires
Trail Master Suspension
KC Hilites
Harbor Frieght tools
BDS suspension
Dynatrack
Poly Performance
Pure performance
EBC brakes
Auto anything.com
Lockstraps.com
Evo mfg
Br4ss underwear
Dirt alliance
Trail ready wheels
Bluetorch fabworks
Sullen clothing
Total Chaos
Edge products
Tom woods drive shafts.

Have them send free product and I will look the other way!!!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I don't want to see people lose jobs, just want people who have positions of power and have the ability to portray our sport through media to do it in a way that reflects the good of the industry and its enthusiasts. So do I want to see a bunch of people lose their jobs? NO. Do I think the person responsible for making this the cover should be held accountable?YES.

This is not about the pussification of america, this is about the blatant, irresponsible attitude of those willing to sell us all out to make a buck. In a day and age where we are losing rights to land we all should be able to enjoy and drive on we do not need magazines or media of any kind using such bad taste in promoting the sport. If you read the RDC thread that Magnum Offroad linked to above you can see that these guys want to be the rebels of the off road print world.

Now to answer waytay's question of who is winning here? Well you may not of known who they were until this thread, but now that you do know them do you think you would buy a copy of their mag or refer it to anyone? I think not.... Especially when mag's such as DirtSports have covers like the one below on a month that marks the one year anniversary since the most tragic off road racing event in history. There are companies that deserve our support, this Dirt Kings IMO does not.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000