www.utvunderground.com
1. UTV World Championship (January)
2. King Of The Hammers (February)
3. The Mint 400 (March / April)
4. The Baja 500 (June)
5. Vegas To Reno (August)
6. Bluewater Desert Challenge (October)
7. The Baja 1000 (November)

That would be my ultimate UTV desert race schedule!!

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
4. The Baja 500 (June)

Co-signed!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
January San Felipe 250
February Parker 400 (separating limited classes and unlimited into two separate races).
March/April Mint 400
June Baja 500
August Vegas to Reno
November Baja 1000

My 2 pesos

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
January San Felipe 250
February Parker 400 (separating limited classes and unlimited into two separate races).
March/April Mint 400
June Baja 500
August Vegas to Reno
November Baja 1000

My 2 pesos
Id vote for this schedule, KOH IMHO takes a specialized car for rock racing. Your run of the mill desert car aint gonna cut it. As cool of an event that it is I would have no interest building a car for 1 Race.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Id vote for this schedule, KOH IMHO takes a specialized car for rock racing. Your run of the mill desert car aint gonna cut it. As cool of an event that it is I would have no interest building a car for 1 Race.
SIMS took 2nd at KOH with his BITD/SCORE desert car.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Yeah I think 90% of the current BITD / SCORE race machines would easily handle KOH. Add a winch, crank up the ride height and maybe installed a larger set of tires?

I could see benefit and disadvantage when breaking down the usefulness of the 4 seat chassis. Some obstacles it would be a total advantage and in others I could see the belly pan and trailing arms hanging up more.

CodyNygren

#1916 Lone Star Racing
Apr 25, 2013
Farmington, NM
4. The Baja 500 (June)

Shit you nailed it with this schedule!

I will be racing KOH in 2015 in my new BITD/SCORE built car and the only thing that is added is a winch for KOH everything else is the same.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I have a feeling my thoughts & imagination would not be a popular one on here, after seeing what you guys are thinking. But here it is and I'll explain why.

1) Baja 500 in mid May - early June

(Not sure if this is even possible? Think old Score/HDRA Parker 400 format where you raced both the Cali & AZ sides)
2) Barstow to Primm - Vegas to Reno; Start in Barstow and race to Primm. Then have a set time limit to service & trailer your race car from Primm to Vegas to start the second stage to Reno.

3) Baja 1000 mid Nov.

Make the series about the Big 3. Leave the shorter filler races to the other series. Also everyone races the full mileage and the time limit is based on class & vehicle speed. Faster classes have less time limit vs a slower class.

The thought & imagination behind this is more races is not better. Make the series about Prestige, Endurance and Demand. You will get a huge draw if you put on great races, yet limit your exposure. Plus the cost to race 3 events like this is pretty much going to cost you what a current Score series is going to cost you. You could also think of the Barstow/Primm/Vegas/Reno as two races in itself.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
That race would eat our car alive. I commend Simms and any other BITD/SCORE team who brave that event in their desert racing ute.

goMRgo

Jan 17, 2013
Brea, CA
I agree with Jim and Matt......and I'm pretty sure Jason Murray would also.....for the obvious reason from the last KOH we raced.:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000