Deciding between RZR 4 vs CanAm

AZDRT

Jan 25, 2016
So I am in the market for a used SXS and I have it down to a couple units that I am debating on.

1) 2010 RZR 4 with aftermarket/lowered cage and 1800 miles
2) 2011 Can Am Commander 1000X (2 seater) with FST long travel, doors, led bar, etc... stock motor with 2400 miles

Now I don't need a 4 seater, but I could see it occasionally coming in handy with the odd extra person or build a platform for the dogs in place of the back seats. But if the Can Am is a far superior machine I don't need the back seat and a 2 seater would be fine.

Since I am trading privately, the deals work out to be a straight trade for the rzr 4 800, and a couple grand extra for the 1000X.

Since I have no experience with either of these machines I wanted to see what others thought, save some coin or is the Canam worth the extra out of pocket?

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
The longer wheelbase is going to make it for a much nicer ride. Rotax engines are hard to beat. Long travel is really nice

Reactions: Sandman365

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
that is a tough decision right there...for me it would depended on where i was going to mostly use it. If we are talking about camping and trail riding then i would go for the rzr 4. If we are talking mainly dunes then i would go for the 1000X. Although neither of those vehicles would be very high up on my list to start out with.

Reactions: ROTAX

AZDRT

Jan 25, 2016
I would love to get an XP4, but when you are trading it comes down to if you have something the other person wants, haven't found an XP4 owner willing to trade me for my YJ just yet....

Most are people with 900's are willing to only do cash sale because they are heading out to buy a 1000.

The RZR 4 is a Robby Gordon version and a trailer is included as a straight trade for me so leaning towards that direction. Since it is a 2010 it won't have power steering. Not sure how easy a 2010 would be to sell down the road vs a 2011 just due to that alone besides the fact that it is an 800... which seems to be a 4 letter word nowdays.

I decided against the CanAm, but haven't decided to go forward with the RZR 4 just yet.

I have a couple others looking to trade me, but the RZR4 seems the best deal presented so far.

Since my last SXS was a Rhino 660, I think I would be happy with the 800 as long as I never test drive a 1000....

I might go to the dunes once every couple years and most of my rides would be local desert trails and hunting/camping running around on forest roads and trails, plus the occasional in town don't want to take the truck to the store type trips.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Sounds like your dialed in on the Gordon RZ4, they are good units as long as they have been maintained properly just like anything. Perfect for running the trails and such, nice smooth ride, plenty of power, i think you would be happy with it.

if your rhino was stock motor the 800 will feel like a race car!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000