Dealer induced fault codes:

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
Right before the OW Xmas ride I brought my truck to the dealer in National City, CA for an oil change, within 100 miles seen an engine light so we read the code later to find I had a faulty thermostat stuck open which Ford 100K powertrain paid for. Last week before Acorn ride brought it in for another oil change today I get another fault code I read to me P2080 “Exhaust Gas Temp” probably 02 sensor @ 62K miles. Same dealer tells me power train will cover it. Hmmm, something seems fishy. I bet some of these dealers know how to make things fail that don’t totally break me down and get Ford to pay for it. I gave them such hell first time since they put this new and improved “fault detection” flash not to mess with me or $ out of my pocket, seem like bunch BS flash to get me in the shop more paying for diagnostics so Ford can prevent warrantee claims. I usually go back to the shop and do a full investigation if my $’s involved, warrantee claims not.

I just called Ford to let them I doubt the lady I gave the info does any investigation; we’ll see goes in tomorrow, what a hassle!

I’ll take it back before Mammoth for another "oil change" let’s see if I can get yet another Ford paid fault code out of them, three strikes your out then I know something’s up. :rolleyes:

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
I was talking to some guys at a Dodge dealer about warranty stuff a bit go. They were saying that Chrysler doesn't pay much on warranty. I'd bet that Ford is the same. A dealer would have to be pretty slow on work to create warranty work. To create work that you pay for directly, now there's some good coin for them.

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
They called me and said the turbo EGT connector had a loose connection they put some dielectric grease and shrink wrap over it. Said I owed $160 so I ask for the manager that remember me from the last time. Well to make a long story short he called back and said I owe nothing there is a “service bulletin” on it all he ask me to do in return is give him kudo’s on the customer survey. Interesting how fishy politics plays out ehhh!

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
btw: for those mechanics that tap into this stuff. The grease is good for senors but not the ECU.

To me I know better what a bunch pf BS!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000