CV BOOT CLAMPS??

lmcarraher

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
Does any one know of a alternative way of strapping down cv boots other than the clamps that you need a special tool for? I tried zip ties with bad results ,,this has become a major problem for me.
Any help would be appreciated.

brevndeb

Your Mom
May 5, 2010
Beaumont CA-B-Town
Does any one know of a alternative way of strapping down cv boots other than the clamps that you need a special tool for? I tried zip ties with bad results ,,this has become a major problem for me.
Any help would be appreciated.
You have to use the zip ties with the metal wire in them.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
You want Thomas & Betts zip ties for the metal chingadera

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Unless it is an emergency, zip ties are a bad idea. Invest in the tool and you will be money ahead in the long run.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
THANX GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP I JUST ORDERED SOME CLAMPS FROM KARTECH HOPFULLY THEY WORK....
HERE IS A LINK TO WHAT I GOT LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK?
THERE THE ONES ON THE TOP

Kartek Off Road - CV Boot Clamps
Those look nice ,but I don't they would work on the front of a RZR because you have the A-ARM bracket in the way , but I don't think your using them on a RZR anyway . I like Kartech they got cool chit .

trunknuts

Jul 11, 2010
Some one hasn't been to the County Fair in a while;) Bought one of those 20 years ago at Quartzite AZ! They work pretty good for a lot of things, but not Boot Repair! :eek:
I don't know about "Boot Repair," but I'm using stainless wire to hold down the cv boots on my type II axles and it works great. It can be a little tricky to line the wire up just right, but once you do it holds very well. Like I said, the Cognito guys are using this method on their R1 Rhinos and they have success with it too.

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
Go to autozone and as for Part Number: 03644
Alternate Part Number: UF2060

They are universal cv clamps that don't need the tool. $3 per side of each axle.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
The Kartech ones should be just fine. It is similar to a hose clamp and much easier to tighten then the normal clamps. Just make sure you have the clearance.

Last edited:

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Thanks for the reminder. I have one of my CV boots attached with tie wire! Probably been riding around like that for 2+ years! :eek: Guess I must have installed it tight? All this for some clamps? :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000