Can am Maverick

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
So when will it be available? I've heard several different things. Only consistent thing is the low production til jan or feb is this true? March is when I'm hoping to buy as long as the prices of these things aren't crazy high. I think this thing is awesome! I heard some things today from someone who's ridden in one that make me want one even more.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
i looked at them at ssss. but i did not sit in one yet. i am 6 foot 7. i only fit in the teryx so far without modification. anybody test sit yet? i heard they are roomy

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I sat in them and they are the most comfortable SXS yet. Im 6.0 .heres a pic I took while sitting in it.

Attachments

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I'm trying to find info on the test drive events they have. I checked the site and they don't have anything. At the SSSS I thought they had a display with a list of places and dates. Anyone have any info?

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
i looked at them at ssss. but i did not sit in one yet. i am 6 foot 7. i only fit in the teryx so far without modification. anybody test sit yet? i heard they are roomy
Talked to one of the Can Am accessory designers at the SSSS and he said there was no change in the cab from the Commander design. He said the doors will fit both and all parts are the same in the cab. However everything in front and behind the cab is different.

So just sit in a Commander and the only very small difference will be they reshaped the contour on the seats a little, but the Commander seats and Maverick seats are interchangeable.

Also I am told the engine would even bolt in a Commander as long as you get all the electronics to go with it. Even the new CVT clutch belt is interchangeable.

Bryan :cool:

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
Talked to one of the Can Am accessory designers at the SSSS and he said there was no change in the cab from the Commander design. He said the doors will fit both and all parts are the same in the cab. However everything in front and behind the cab is different.

So just sit in a Commander and the only very small difference will be they reshaped the contour on the seats a little, but the Commander seats and Maverick seats are interchangeable.

Also I am told the engine would even bolt in a Commander as long as you get all the electronics to go with it. Even the new CVT clutch belt is interchangeable.

that means my 6 foot 7 body wont fit in the maverick without removing right and left dash material. in the rzr i would have to remove right side dash material. so its back to the teryx for me. but i defintly want to test drive the maverick. i wish i sat in one at the sand show. does anybody know if a maverick will be on hand at the offroad expo?

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
I have not looked that close but you may also be able to re mount the driver seat a little further back on the rails.

I am sure you know the driver set adjusts back but also wanted to point out the passanger seat does not move. So if it does look like you can modify the mounting on the driver seat you would have to do something different on the passanger seat.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
that means my 6 foot 7 body wont fit in the maverick without removing right and left dash material. in the rzr i would have to remove right side dash material. so its back to the teryx for me. but i defintly want to test drive the maverick. i wish i sat in one at the sand show. does anybody know if a maverick will be on hand at the offroad expo?
Im 6'5" and fit perfect in it. It has alot more leg room then a rzr.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000