Cage Design and Style

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
The industry has seen many different styles of cages over the years. Flat top cages, radius cages, hybrid mix of both flat and radius and full custom one off cages. Below is a broad sample from many different shops out there. What's your preference and why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
This is tuff...I understand when flat tops were the norm why the radius took off, then with all the radius roofs out why people are going back to flats or a combo. You have builders like Magnum and Thad that build kick ass flat roofs that everyone can love and then the super radius like UTV Inc builds and then you have SDR that makes it all look great. They simply know whats hot. I went with Benchmark that builds a great minimal radius and I think it ties in the two perfectly. I do think flats are coming back in a big way as I hear a lot a read a lot of chatter of folks not wanting radius lately. Maybe someone from the fab side can chime in on strength. I have been told that flats with true triangulation are stronger. For those racers and weekend warriors that push the limits I think this needs to be considered first and most vs looks. I know my last flatty on my old RZR S held up awesome in a handful of roll overs...not to mention it was DOM and not mild steel....which opens a whole 'nother can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000