Bronco setup for short course

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Can anybody give me any pointers for setting up a Bronco clutch for short course racing. Im pulling one off my new 4 seater for use in the race car, and dont have a manual or anything to get me started.

Also, how can I get in contact with Dan Kelly?

Thanks guys

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Use the primary spring in the clutch to set your stall speed, secondary to keep proper belt tension and add/remove weight from the pucks to set your stift out rpm. If you have access to a dyno you can usually see if your shift point is too high or low by looking at the graph. A large hump at the beginning of the shift usually indicates too high of a shift RPM as you went past peak HP at the beginning. A hump at the end of the shift ususlly indicates too low a shift point as you didnt hit peak HP until after the shift was complete and the RPM began to rise.

There is no perfect combination for everyone, every motor is different, so no one can tell you how to set yours up. They can get you close is all.

What motor mods and car setup do you have???

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Thanks Court, I realize it will take some tuning, but its setup for a stock motor right now, so I want to get it close before installing it.

11:1 Benchmark 686 with full head porting/valves etc FCR 41, Ron Woods

1550 lbs with driver, 25" tires

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000