Broken gear case...again

Mar 31, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Hey Guys I broke the gear case on my rzr again. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on where the best place to get get new parts for it or just a whole new gear case? anything helps.

Last edited:

bigtom

Bigtom RZR's Edge Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 7, 2009
what motor you running? cant believe you keep breaking case. mounts bad? to much frame flex? We havent broken one in out race rzr

Mar 31, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
what motor you running? cant believe you keep breaking case. mounts bad? to much frame flex? We havent broken one in out race rzr
IDK I bent the frame twice then after the second time took down to the frame and gusseted the heck out of it with a lonestar gusset kit and it quit bending. But the first gear case broke out in the desert when I hit a rock at high speeds and broke the skidplate out with it then I just replaced it and was testing it and it blew apart. I even replaced it with all brand new parts. The motor is stock

bigtom

Dec 7, 2009
Definately something wrong, cause we are running a holz stage 3 motor, and racing and no case isssues. something is either bent or out of alignment. from loos of case alot of side pressure to one side.

Mar 31, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Definately something wrong, cause we are running a holz stage 3 motor, and racing and no case isssues. something is either bent or out of alignment. from loos of case alot of side pressure to one side.
Yeah I need to get someone who knows that kind if stuff to look at it. I REALLY don't want to do this again

bigtom

Dec 7, 2009
Gets a little expensive, but like I said looks like alot of side pressure on the case. chris might be able to look at frame and see a problem. good luck

odtodd1az

Apr 30, 2009
Glendale AZ
Knock on wood, we race the heck out of RZR's and have never had a broken gear case, other than when we took the bottom of one with a big rock. I have a shop in Phoenix, and if you'd like would take a look at what is going on. From what I see I would guess the transmission output is pushing on the transfer case somehow.Maybe too much endplay in the bearings and with the way the gears are cut they can't keep the shaft from pushing on the small bearing. PM me if I can help you out.
Todd
Desert West Outoors

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i have broken two cases. its in the motor mounts they are too loose. you need stiffer ones like Holz sells. then you need to buy a HPD rear diff case. it is thicker and stronger than stock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000