BITD BlueWater Desert Challenge - PICS // LIVE Updates & Tracking!

rachel

Jan 21, 2011
Re: BITD BlueWater Desert Challenge - LIVE Updates & Tracking!

cool thanks for looking joey!!

JakeJean

Mar 10, 2011

That UTV in the video is my Pops. He broke his front diff after the first lap and then busted the rear diff on the 3rd lap and ended the day. Got a new rear diff and raced on day 2 and broke again.

Last edited:

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC

1st UTV finisher is 1932 Matt Parks!!!! Way to go Matt and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!!!!!
Thanks Joey
We had a blast the last two days. The car ran great and the prep was spot on thanks to Jason and Todd at Desert West Off Road. Jason rode with me Saturday and Mike Carr on Sunday. Desert racing is a blast. (yes it is my birthday and it made today even better)

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com

Congrats Matt! We had a blast as well, can't wait for Henderson...doesn't get much more exciting than this for a season's end!!!:D

Mike

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ

We raced sportsman this time so we were in the 1998. Had a pretty good day Saturday. I hit a huge rock and tacoed my passenger front rim. Tire balls held and we made to pit for a tire change. Came in 2nd in sportsman Saturday. Today we were doing really well considering the track was destroyed! we got to mile 17 on the 2nd lap and the ball joint on the passenger front broke. Probably caused from the hard hit yesterday. :( We ended up getting it back together and finishing our 2nd lap. Hope everyone from the 1905 car is okay. We have some video of the Rhino burning. We also helped the 1984 get his Rhino off the track. Had a great time and will do better prepping for day 2 next time!

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009

We had our best run yet in the 1913 Lone Kid racing John Deere. After V2R we found our fuel problem issue to be the duty cycle of the fuel pump. So we added a higher pressure pump with a higher continous pressure. We also swapped the gears out and this bumped the top speed to 55mph.$

So we started on the poll with Jagged X. When the green light came on I punched it only to watch Jagged's little blue light disappear into the distance. The first few corners were like swamp buggy racing $with all the mud. But it kept the dust down for the fist 300 yards of the race.

Everything was going fine on the 1st lap, the Deere was running strong and then we came into a downhill whoop section that I decided let's see what she can do. The result was a near end over end roll and loosing our spare tire. The hard hit caused the coil to bind on the right rear. We went from having very little rear suspension to having zero. We pulled into the hot pit and replaced the spare. The shock was stuck in the compressed position but our crew fixed it and we were back on the course quickly.

Lap 2 went perfect, no issue with the Deere. We caught a Jeep speed guy that was having some issues driving in the dust. We blew past the hot pit with no issue.

Lap 3 was going great until I told my co-driver how smooth the car runs and how much the gear change helped. 10 seconds later right as we jumped on the road (next to the river) the car dropped a cylinder. I jinxed us. So we ran down the river road and hung a left up the hill. With only 2 of the 3 cylinders firing I figured we will just limp it in the last 10 miles to the 1st finish for this Deere. While the thought was good the good old Deere decided she did not want to play any longer and quit on the inside corner of a hill. We jumped $out and tried to push it but that did not work. So we just flagged people over so they would not hit us. Whitin in a few minutes Petes Baja Light On Fire would block the flow of traffic for us. A BITD truck pulled us out and back to Blue Water. $BITD has the best course workers around.

After getting the car back to the pits Scott Martinez stopped by to help us figure out what went south. They told us to pull the wire harness apart and look for a melted wire. Once Greg Randell and Frankie Randell cut open the harness they found section of the harness was damaged from rubbing against the drive shaft. They did everything they could to fix it but it was not in the cards for us.$

I really want to give a special thanks to an awesome Father and Son combo. Greg and Frankie have a passion for this sport. Their drive to keep this UTV going forward is like no other. When the cards seem stacked against they keep pushing forward looking for any possible issue.

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city

I went to this race as a spectator. We had a great time!!! There was some great competion out there and it was fun to watch the race unfold. Congatulations to all the finishers and to Jagged X on taking the win on Sat. And to Matt Parks on his win on Sun. Henderson is going to be exciting for you guys. I want to thank the Jagged X crew for cooking burgers for us on Fri. night. Your generosity and hospitality was greatly appreciated. I had a great time meeting a bunch of the guys.... UTV racers are the best!!! I hope the guys that were in the 1905 Rhino are ok... does anybody know how that happened???

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com

What a fun weekend of racing. Sunday was a whole new course!!! Congrats to Matt and Brandon for another great weekend of racing. Thanks Bill for the Friday night BBQ. Was nice to see everyone. BITD has a great group of UTV racers. We hope that the 1905 crew is alright, and sucks to see the loss of the UTV.

We ran good Sat started 10th and moved up to 3rd through the dust. Came off the line 4th on Sunday and was right behind the Fabtech razor and was eating mud for a mile. We were moving up to try and catch the front 2 and then lost power due to overheating. Radiator was covered in 2" mud. Was in last and moved back up to 3rd. Running on the last lap and was less than a 1/4 mile from Jagged, and we were pushing hard and lost a belt. Set us back and just limped her in for the finish. Parker has been kicking our butt in the last lap so far this season. See everyone out in Henderson!

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ

Had a great time watching and shooting you guys this weekend... I was out there with Mike Lansky - Avid Off Road Team. Got up early to get out by the river to shoot Sat, Sun was doing sand shots. I've got about 600 photos, samples here:
Parker 425 10-15-11 - mikephotos' Photos | SmugMug

Great Pictures! I LOVE the one of us in the sand. Had to buy it. Thank you!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Great pics Joey! Thanks for all you do!
Here is a video that I found on RDC. In the first few seconds of the video I had just got past that a-hole in the Baja Bug who wouldn't get out of the way despite lots of air horn for a long time. I was driving like I was pissed, because I was. I gave him some bumper love and he got the message pretty quick. I have never nerfed a full sized vehicle before in a UTV, but...it felt kind of good. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfjJla7fCdA&feature=player_embedded"]2011 BITD BWDC UTV's.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ

Had a great time watching and shooting you guys this weekend... I was out there with Mike Lansky - Avid Off Road Team. Got up early to get out by the river to shoot Sat, Sun was doing sand shots. I've got about 600 photos, samples here:
Parker 425 10-15-11 - mikephotos' Photos | SmugMug

Mike- that's such a awesome shot!!! thanks for hanging with us... I invite anybody running the race to see what Mike might have for you too..his stuff is definitly at the next level from what I've seen... thanks again!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Told em I would pass this along...

Joey,

Thanks for posting.

Do you know the driver/owner of the 1949 UTV? I just want to let him know that when they were stopped on the last lap, my bumping them was not intentional nor was it avoidable. They were stopped in a section of the track where if I had stopped I would have been stuck. I tried to go up and around and I ended up bumping rear tire to rear tire.

Please extend my apology if you know the driver/owner.

Thanks,
Matt Krimple
John Deere 1911

tjof1959

Team Jean Racing
Jun 3, 2011
Matt,

No apologies neccessary. I saw you coming and knew we were in a bad spot as you needed a head of steam to get through that section.

Congrats on your 3rd place you guys hung in there real well all weekend.

Dennis Jean
Razor 1949

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000