Bighorns 2.0s

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
I got a set of the 2.0s and I have had to 2 flats one on both rear sides and was wondering if anyone else has had any probs with them ? I recently went out and got 2 bighorns but the OG version. When I was checking out the 2 tires I noticed that the OGs seem to be a harder compound than the 2.0s, I was under the impression that they were the same ply and compound.... I guess I was wrong and now I have 2 tires with holes and good life left just lying around. Is this just my wonderful luck again or is this a prob with the 2.0s ?

SoCal

I'm a Toy Haulin Hooligan - UTVUnderground Approve
Jan 16, 2009
Orange Ca.
Dont know about the tires but why dont you have them patched? I just had 2 of mine patched and will see how they hold up this weekend.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
good question dog! I am about to buy some new tires and dont want to get 2.0's if they have issues. On that note if anyone has any OG Big Horns 25", let me know, I really only need 2 but they got to look good and have plenty of tread.

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
I tried to fix them one of the tire is holding up with the plug and the other one got a pretty big hole in it so I was trying to brake the bead I noticed the inside had a nice looking rub mark on it. So I just fig I would just replace that tire until I felt the diff between the 2 tires. The wierd thing is I didnt even hit anything that hard......:confused:

TripleR

Apr 10, 2009
When I decided to put new tires on my Rhino, I did a lot of research on several sites and the general consensus was that the Bighorn Original is a more durable tire than the 2.0. I had the Originals on my Grizzly and thought the 2.0 was an "improved" version, but from everything I found, most people prefer the original and believe it is tougher. I am very happy with my choice for the type of riding I do.

HOLZ

HOLZ Racing - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 30, 2009
www.holzracingproducts.com
I got a set of the 2.0s and I have had to 2 flats one on both rear sides and was wondering if anyone else has had any probs with them ? I recently went out and got 2 bighorns but the OG version. When I was checking out the 2 tires I noticed that the OGs seem to be a harder compound than the 2.0s, I was under the impression that they were the same ply and compound.... I guess I was wrong and now I have 2 tires with holes and good life left just lying around. Is this just my wonderful luck again or is this a prob with the 2.0s ?
The newer 2.0 is built from the 4-speed carcass, so it is lighter but also not as durable as the original. Also notice the tread lugs are far smaller than the original bighorn.
There is a trade off...

BENZITO

hi guys !
Jan 19, 2009
phx, az
i beat the crap out of my terra cross tires they have 1 plug..its been in there for over a year never had any problems..threw the plug in and a co2 cartridge or 2 and was on my way..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000