Benchmark's XP900 Shop Car

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
Pretty sweet! So far it is the best cage I have seen in regard to being safe. I like how the B pillar bars have a bend in it and you supported it with the tubes to the rear bars that go to the bumper. Very good design compared to other companies that just leave that bend there with no support. Also hows that exhaust sound?? It looks sweet!
The exhaust sounds sophisticated. More Ferrari-ish and less 450MX bike-ish. Plus, it has some Ducati thump to it at low rpms. I love the sound and tone of it. I can build one offs right now, not able to mass produce them.....yet. ;)
This is the 3rd exhaust combination I have tried so far. You know what they say, 3rd time is the Charm. :cool:

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
Yep, those are nice doors for sure. We might be making our own doors, researching it now.

In 2007, I helped design some of the first RZR cages when I was a part of HRT Motorsports. HRT is no longer building cages and I have been wanting to move Benchmark to the next level in the SxS market. We took some of the best features of that design and brought it up to todays standards for design and aesthetics. We're pretty excited about it. :D

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
SK, I like the cage but Im hung up on the wheel tire combo, I love them, I found the wheels on line but was curious about what size Maxxis tires those are?.. Does the set up seem heavy? I like the idea of the XP being capable of running a little taller tire combo, In the racing that I have done I have come to learn how nice ground clearance is..

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
SK, I like the cage but Im hung up on the wheel tire combo, I love them, I found the wheels on line but was curious about what size Maxxis tires those are?.. Does the set up seem heavy? I like the idea of the XP being capable of running a little taller tire combo, In the racing that I have done I have come to learn how nice ground clearance is..
those are 15" Cerros, on MSA Diesel wheels.

they are 4lbs per corner heavier than stock. ( combined wheel and tire)

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
thanks 07, I saw that they were 15" but wanted to know what size tires they are? 27"? and the widths?..
Intresting about the weights also.. What type of terrian do you think those tires will work best in? I like the look of them alot better than the big horns but was curious how they compare in the dirt..

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
27x11x15 and 27x9x15 I believe.

they are a very good Dirt/rock tire, they also roll very smooth like a car tire on pavement.

KENDAL

Jan 14, 2010
Escondido, Ca
Chris, Looks great!! Lots of attention to detail. Just more of what the industry has grown to expect from you. So when will the stuff be available for the average guy?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000