Attn SR1 owners

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Just out of curiosity has anyone weighed the sr1 rhino to see the weight ratio front to rear? I'm getting ready to mount my motor in me "dune" car and I am wondering how well The wellers got the F/R weight ratio.:confused:and how do your cars feel in the corners?

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
We weighed my car on our scales after it was completed, and the front to rear ratio was almost perfectly even.....the weight at every tire was pretty much even, except the right rear was a tad heavier for some reason. Each chassis will be different, too - depending on how it was built, where you have placed items such as your fuel cell, radiator, if you are running a 2nd seat, etc.

If you are worried about how your car will handle the jumps, that's much more of a suspension set-up issue than anything else. You can have a rear or front heavy car jump perfectly fine if the suspension is set up properly.......

Corners are awesome in my car, but my chassis is super low.....corner handling will depend on your chassis design, ride height and suspension choice/setup as well......:)

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
We weighed my car on our scales after it was completed, and the front to rear ratio was almost perfectly even.....the weight at every tire was pretty much even, except the right rear was a tad heavier for some reason. Each chassis will be different, too - depending on how it was built, where you have placed items such as your fuel cell, radiator, if you are running a 2nd seat, etc.

If you are worried about how your car will handle the jumps, that's much more of a suspension set-up issue than anything else. You can have a rear or front heavy car jump perfectly fine if the suspension is set up properly.......

Corners are awesome in my car, but my chassis is super low.....corner handling will depend on your chassis design, ride height and suspension choice/setup as well......:)

Thanks Corry, I more worried about it pushing in the corners under power...again its a dune car so I dont need to turn on a dime like you guys do. We basicly went an inch further forward than where you guys are....but we are running a reversing box that weights 60-70 pounds. I think we will be in good shape.

As far as the suspension...we will be out testing with fox before the cars ever see any real driving time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000