ASCC Round 2

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
We had a great time at Round 2 - thanks to all the SR1 racers who came out - especially Code and Doug - made the trip from CA to join us! Code did great for his first race with the R1 motor - on the podium already!! Congrats to Tyler for first place...had fun battling out there!

Todd, glad you could make it out - I'm just sorry there weren't more in your class! Bobby made it at the last minute with his Teryx - but wound up pulling off after just a lap or two in practice - not sure what happened, but he was done at that point - bummer!!

So....I have a little tiny rant....where are our AZ UTV racers?? Two people in the regular UTV classes - what is that all about?? Here is a really great track, and a great, local series...why aren't you guys racing?? I know there are a bunch of SR1's still in process....but where are the rest of you guys? It would suck if they just did away with the regular utv class due to lack of participation - and we have always been a state known for our utv racer count!! Also....hey you CA racers!! We have driven to CA for years to support utv racing....would it kill ya to drive out here once in a while? ;)

Ok...all done! :). Kermit - great pics - really love some of the angles and blurred style pics!! Thanks again to the ASCC for everything...great job by Ken Johnson on the timing/scoring...great job by the sign-up/reg crew...and I always love to hear Scott Rehn's announcing - awesome job as always!!

See you all at Round 3!! Would love to see a much bigger UTV field next time!!

OLET

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 9, 2009
We had a great time at Round 2 - thanks to all the SR1 racers who came out - especially Code and Doug - made the trip from CA to join us! Code did great for his first race with the R1 motor - on the podium already!! Congrats to Tyler for first place...had fun battling out there!

Todd, glad you could make it out - I'm just sorry there weren't more in your class! Bobby made it at the last minute with his Teryx - but wound up pulling off after just a lap or two in practice - not sure what happened, but he was done at that point - bummer!!

So....I have a little tiny rant....where are our AZ UTV racers?? Two people in the regular UTV classes - what is that all about?? Here is a really great track, and a great, local series...why aren't you guys racing?? I know there are a bunch of SR1's still in process....but where are the rest of you guys? It would suck if they just did away with the regular utv class due to lack of participation - and we have always been a state known for our utv racer count!! Also....hey you CA racers!! We have driven to CA for years to support utv racing....would it kill ya to drive out here once in a while? ;)

Ok...all done! :). Kermit - great pics - really love some of the angles and blurred style pics!! Thanks again to the ASCC for everything...great job by Ken Johnson on the timing/scoring...great job by the sign-up/reg crew...and I always love to hear Scott Rehn's announcing - awesome job as always!!

No need to be sorry , i had a great time and will be there for round 3. It gave me a chance to run the new old car (you know what i mean) just got to get a few bugs worked out. Cant say i am not tempted to put a r1 in the blue car though!!!:D

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona

Hey Corry,dont feel bad alot of people arent showing up to any of the local races like whiplash and grindingstone.Maybe its the economy.I was considering running some of these races but they dont even have a class for me unless I run with 800-1000cc.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Corry you are awesome!

UTVUnderground will be making it a priority to help support the ASCC from here on out. We see series like the ASCC becoming instrumental int he coming years to developing racers in all classes for bigger orginizations like Lucas Oil.

UTV Racers come out an support series like the ASCC becuase it isseries like this that are willing to give the due respect to you UTV racers!!

Ballistic

Feb 10, 2009
Phoenix
It's going to be tough to get UTV racers and UTV fans out to the race if the promoters don't actively and constantly promote the race......this is especially true during the week leading up to the race.

Very little chatter on the UTV forums prior to the race.......and nothing from the promoter.

Really......How much time would it take for them to start a thread or 2 promoting their race here, and updating daily????

I guess promoting will be left up to you (you need more to do right) other racers and this and other forums.....

I'm sure the crappy economy is playing a big roll.......but in a crappy economy promoting/advertising is everything.

Hopefully there will be a huge turnout at the Lucas race and carry over to round 3.

SR1's ROCK

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
No need to be sorry , i had a great time and will be there for round 3. It gave me a chance to run the new old car (you know what i mean) just got to get a few bugs worked out. Cant say i am not tempted to put a r1 in the blue car though!!!:D
Ooooo.....do it! Do it!! :) Then you could double-class, or at least always have a back-up!!

Hey Corry,dont feel bad alot of people arent showing up to any of the local races like whiplash and grindingstone.Maybe its the economy.I was considering running some of these races but they dont even have a class for me unless I run with 800-1000cc.
You should e-mail Tim (off of ASCC's website) - he's open to ideas on how to make the regular UTV classes good for everyone - he just can't do 5 different classes right now, when only 1 or two people are showing up.....but he's willing to work with you guys!

Corry you are awesome!

UTVUnderground will be making it a priority to help support the ASCC from here on out. We see series like the ASCC becoming instrumental int he coming years to developing racers in all classes for bigger orginizations like Lucas Oil.

UTV Racers come out an support series like the ASCC becuase it isseries like this that are willing to give the due respect to you UTV racers!!
Thanks Joey! Would love to have you out here for one!! This series is doing it right, even from the very beginning......great organization!!

It's going to be tough to get UTV racers and UTV fans out to the race if the promoters don't actively and constantly promote the race......this is especially true during the week leading up to the race.

Very little chatter on the UTV forums prior to the race.......and nothing from the promoter.

Really......How much time would it take for them to start a thread or 2 promoting their race here, and updating daily????

I guess promoting will be left up to you (you need more to do right) other racers and this and other forums.....

I'm sure the crappy economy is playing a big roll.......but in a crappy economy promoting/advertising is everything.

Hopefully there will be a huge turnout at the Lucas race and carry over to round 3.

SR1's ROCK
Yep....more promotion would be a good thing, especially on the UTV forums. And they DO rock!! LOL! ;)

andyallday

Oct 20, 2009
I am planning on racing the next one. We have a stock RZR-S that we plan on running. I just have to add a few things to make it legal. I dont really care what class I run in. It was cool watching everyone race in round 2. I think it will be more fun to race. Plus I live about 5 mins from the track. See you all out there.

OLET

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 9, 2009
I wouldnt go and say economy... I just was at the WOR Prescott race and there were a TON of UTV's and it was a whiplash race...
WOR Prescott Valley Race | race-deZert.com
Whiplash at the monster jam at firebird is the shit!!! Its a great time , i know alot of people dont like whiplash but they allways have the biggest turn out of utv's! For local stuff anyway. And it is 2 days we can race on a great course.

AudioAddiction44

IVY Racing SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 11, 2009
AZ
That was a blast out there. We all need to enjoy it now before Dan's back gets better and schools all of us. All the SR1 drivers are getting better. Soon enough the pro-lites won't look so fast anymore. Round three of ASCC should be just as fun, can't wait.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Driving 660 miles & sleeping in the back seat rocks. ;)

We had a great time and Ill bring the boy back a for a couple more. ASCC rocks!

Oh yea, how did that go again, BRAAAAAP. LOL, poor Josh.

AudioAddiction44

IVY Racing SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 11, 2009
AZ
Round two was a blast. The SR1 class is getting faster. Too bad Bobby had issues, would have been interesting to see the 1000 of his against us. Next time. Still would like to see moe UTVs out there. Can't wait for round three.
t

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
Jacob - will be great to have you in the class!!!

And yeah, you Cali peeps better drive on out here for Round 3! ;)

Joey - will be great to have you out here!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000