AB 64 to repeal AB 1595

loco

Loco Time - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
Placerville, CA
"SACRAMENTO – Assemblyman Donnelly, R-Twin Peaks, Monday introduced Assembly Bill 64 to repeal last year’s AB 1595 (Cook), which imposed unnecessary restrictions on off road vehicle ownership and recreation.

“AB 64 will restore the rights law abiding citizens enjoyed last year when participating in off highway vehicle recreation,†said Assemblyman Donnelly.

AB 1595 was supported by the Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Association. The bill received no formal opposition during the legislative process. As a result, the bill was not vetted in a single committee. Riders and families who use and purchase the vehicles did not send in formal opposition until it was too late, and the bill had already been signed into law. Their protests, however, revealed significant problems with the restrictions.

The author vowed to fix these issues by deleting some provisions imposed by the bill. Unfortunately, the only fix that passed within Legislative deadlines last year was minor, only tweaking some of the freedom-breaching restrictions, not removing them.

Assemblyman Donnelly continued, “AB 64 will wipe the slate clean by removing AB 1595 from the books completely. A basic American sport and pastime should not be unreasonably restricted. Families are perfectly capable of watching out for the safety of those in their party without further government interference. When governing, we must be sensitive to our duty of using the least restrictive methods possible; the laws already on the books were adequate to ensure safe operation of OHVs.â€

AB 64 will strike the language of AB 1595 from California Vehicle code, restoring the previous laws regulating off-highway vehicles."

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Alrighty! Someone with a good head on their shoulders in the Crazytown state gov't!! Just like we called to protest 1595 we need to call and write to support this bill. I'll be e mailing and him and calling my representatives directly on Monday. We have to keep this going:D:D

http://legiscan.com/CA/text/AB64
Here's a link to the legislation. Well worded, simple and to the point.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
someone get this guy a beer!! That would be awesome!
Can I have a Beer too?:D LOL!!!

I was the one who told him about it, and damn glad I did...

I golfed with him in Hesperia's Chamber of Commerce Tournament last year and decided that I had a friend in the assembly. He's a great guy and he really does care. Actions speak louder than words...

(I'm the svelte one on the right. Tim is second from the left)

Where it all started...

http://www.utvunderground.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109149&postcount=194

Tim's website:

arc.asm.ca.gov/member/AD33/

Dan...

Last edited:

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Can I have a Beer too?:D LOL!!!

I was the one who told him about it, and damn glad I did...

I golfed with him in Hesperia's Chamber of Commerce Tournament last year and decided that I had a friend in the assembly. He's a great guy and he really does care. Actions speak louder than words...

(I'm the svelte one on the right. Tim is second from the left)

Where it all started...

http://www.utvunderground.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109149&postcount=194

Tim's website:

arc.asm.ca.gov/member/AD33/

Dan...
Great job Dan!This is great news and I am glad that somebody with common sense is actually listening.

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Doesnt it need to get voted in first?
Yes, it has just been printed. It still needs to go through committee and be voted on. Your representatives need to know how to vote on this thing so make sure we all get on the phone and point them in the right direction. YES!!!!!

dev's rzr

Jan 7, 2011
glandora ca
the 2nd link dose not open as i was going to post this on the other web site but i will wait untell the 2nd link is fixed
thanks Devin

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
It's been two months since somebody has posted on this... Let's bump it and get back to work!!! :)

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Back 6 months ago everyone was throwing a fit. They were calling Cooks office and trying to get answers and seek resolutions. What's happening now? It seems to me that most of this effort was driven from fear of loosing the choice to not wear a helmet. Now that January 1 has passed people have moved on and have lost interest. There seems to be less passion and dedication to preserving the four seat conversions.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Back 6 months ago everyone was throwing a fit. They were calling Cooks office and trying to get answers and seek resolutions. What's happening now? It seems to me that most of this effort was driven from fear of loosing the choice to not wear a helmet. Now that January 1 has passed people have moved on and have lost interest. There seems to be less passion and dedication to preserving the four seat conversions.
unfortunately thats how the public works. When we get defeated we just pick up our smashed nuts and carry on. Only a select few keep fighting the battle. I for one am ashamed to say i have just taken the law and accepted it since Jan 1.

Perfect Race

Feb 9, 2011
Does anyone know what's happening with this bill or what the status is?
Can you have a back seat in a Rhino or not? I thought the back seat part of Cooks bill got put off for awhile?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000