500 TRACKING AND UPDATES.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Getting ready to go.....
Any news on George Felix?

This race reminds me of when Score had the Henderson 250 in August. The first year the temp was 115 and we measuerd a temp of 125 in the car. Fortunately we did not have the fatalities that have been rumored at this 500. But the course was littered with broke cars and pits with drivers who called it quits due to heat exhaustion.

I pray for those on and around the course and for the families of those who are not coming home.
We have stories....ended at rm 205. To be honest the heat was not a factor for me. I lost the start advantage when 4 cars passed me doing 47 mph in a 37 zone. Interesting strategy I prob shouldnt have let them. The car rocked and until we had our first issue no one passed us. Course was pretty brutal for a shakedown but other than component failures the car rocked! Kudos to Lopez for finding a way around the bottleneck. Race will be remembered for the multiple fatalities. Rm 200 was the morgue.

Oh yeah no flats!

Last edited:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Sorry for no coverage this race guys. I was going to just purely enjoy the race and hope to get some good coverage. We will have photo and results soon on the homepage.

Trying to cover this race was a nightmare right from the start. The horrible morning incident delayed the race almost 2 hours taking our spectating plan and essentially ruining it. With UTVs so far behind we wouldn't get a chance to really see them in the day light. We set up at RM325 with hopes of photos and videos of the UTVs bombing the Matias wash whoops but never saw them. Reality was, after 4-5 hours in 110 weather we were over it. I couldn't imagine having to be in a race vehicle or on a pit crew.

I'll add. I hated this race course lay out. With the heat that is always to be expected this time of year down there score should almost always have a coastal section. Just my dos pesos.

With that said, congrats to those who finished and to Wayne Matlock on his win. I have searched up and down and it's pretty obvious that if UTVUnderground.com doesn't go all out with coverage then we're screwed on updates! I'll try not to take the Baja 1000 off and get back to work for you guys!!

Please post those race reports so we can hear your stories!

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
This race sucked the heat the shitty course the log jams the delays ect .. and I can tell you I was part of the log jam passing other class cars ill elaborate alot more in my race report but I ran in the lead pack Burnett Me Cognito Burnett Cognito Me for the first 140 miles till I started having problems .. anyhow ill start another thread but i can predict the future of a big problem we are going to have ...

Reactions: kornfed and BiggJim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000