27.5" PIT BULL Rocker Radials available Feb. 1

THEPITBULL

NO F-TARDS ALLOWED - PIT BULL TIRES - Official UTV
Oct 15, 2009
Rocker Uber XORs available February 1. If interested, place your orders now to lock-in pre 7% price increase prices.

8ply-rated with extra deep rim guard.

27.5x9R12
27.5x11R12
27.5x9R14
27.5x11R14

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
The freight company should be here any minute with my new Rockers! Thanks Mike!

THEPITBULL

Oct 15, 2009
If we were going to make a larger size tire...in the 30 to 31" range....what width would people want and what kind of tread pattern (Rocker or Growler?)...and would you want the tread pattern to be like the ATV tread pattern or more like our LT tread pattern? 14" & 15"???

If we make a larger 30 to 31" tire?
1. width?
2. tread pattern (Rocker or Growler...or maybe Maddog???)
3. ATV or LT pattern?
4. rim size choices? 12, 14, 15?

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
If we were going to make a larger size tire...in the 30 to 31" range....what width would people want and what kind of tread pattern (Rocker or Growler?)...and would you want the tread pattern to be like the ATV tread pattern or more like our LT tread pattern? 14" & 15"???

If we make a larger 30 to 31" tire?
1. width?
2. tread pattern (Rocker or Growler...or maybe Maddog???)
3. ATV or LT pattern?
4. rim size choices? 12, 14, 15?

I would love to see your Growler LT tire shrunk down to a 30" on 15" and 14" wheels. This tread pattern is great in the rocks and desert. Bias ply. Lose some weight. A 9.5" width woud be good. Lots of desert racers going with a BFG KM2 (30x15-9.50) but this is a radial and pretty heavy and I am not overly thrilled with the performance in the desert on a UTV. Plus they are only 4lbs lighter than a 31x11.50-15 Growler! I know you can make a solid bias ply tire lighter than the KM2 (41 lbs.).

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Got to love those PITBULL TIRES! Now with the huge horsepower these UTV's are putting out, PITBULL TIRES has came up with a great idea and keeping up with the UTV market!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
30" tall so they are race legal
14" wheels
10" wide
LT pattern
Make them much lighter than a LT tire. eg...hybrid between a UTV tire and a LT tire.
Bead protector
Growler pattern.

woodysfj40

perpetual noobie
Sep 21, 2010
Wisconsin
www.rockcrawler.com
Personally Mike, I like the Rocker pattern but add a tread block in the 'open' area...call it the Maddog XOR. I don't know that a pattern change from the UTV familiarity is a good idea...as much as i like my LT Rockers and Maddogs on my FJ40, they are unique to the LT market.

9.5 if you do one width...9 and 10 if you do front and rear. The squared off tread is a must, one of the big things I like about my PB's.

I do like the light bias idea.

14 and 15 rims...no 12's at all...

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
I ran the growlers at 27.5" on a 12" wheel last year for BITD on my race Teryx. I would agree that the current market is on 14/15" wheels. I am about to purchase another set (7-8) tires. I really like the strength of the tire, the tread depth, etc. The only reason I am currtly running Maxxis Bighorn tires is because of the cost.

Here is what I would like to see from a desert racer.

1. Keep the tires affordable, or at least make a deal like BFG for racers that campaign your tires and have a decent history of winning. I have an offer from BFG to run there tires shipped to my door AT DEALER COST because I have a race history. If you offered something like that, I would order today. I know you only sponsor organizations. The problem with that is simple. Racing is expensive and the UTV field is not made up of folks with unlimited budgets like the big trucks. We have to justify the cost and when I can save 50-70 dollars a tire it makes a difference. I know your tires are the best as I have used them. Now I just need the $$ to buy another set with spares.

2. Make them 29-30" tall. Not only us race dudes want a tall tire. The mudders, rock crawl, and panzies that want to look like they are dirving a lifted truck all want big tires. Make us something a bit taller without getting so big we can't mount them.

3. I would like to see the total weight around 40lbs. The reason is because I know that my previous growlers were about 40 for the rears and around 35 for the fronts. We are running small brakes and the heavier tires take much more power to spin. Over 40lbs and they just get heavy.

I personally really liked the Growler tread pattern. The sidewalls were the selling point for me and the reason why I am considering dropping 2K on a set of new race tires. Keep the sidewalls as that is by far the most common area where we get punctures.

Is there someone we can call at PitBull that gives racers a discount or free shipping or even a STICKER?

Raber Racing

THEPITBULL

Oct 15, 2009
Got to love those PITBULL TIRES! Now with the huge horsepower these UTV's are putting out, PITBULL TIRES has came up with a great idea and keeping up with the UTV market!
So here's what I'm hearing:

30x950R14 for all the way around
OR
30x950R14 Front, 30x11.50R14 Rear
Square tread
Light Weight - no more than 40lbs Rear, 35lbs Front
Deep Rim Guards
Thick sidewalls

The question is....do we make the tires DOT legal or not? If so, then they will have to be more like an LT tire, if not, then we can make them the same as the UTV tires.

Mud Lite XXL are 30x10-14 and 30x12-14 UTV pattern, bias.
BFG KM2 is 30x950R15 LT radial tire.

Right now we make a 31x1150-15 Growler LT bias and a 31x1050R15 Growler LT radial.

What about a Maddog UTV tire?

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
I ran the growlers at 27.5" on a 12" wheel last year for BITD on my race Teryx. I would agree that the current market is on 14/15" wheels. I am about to purchase another set (7-8) tires. I really like the strength of the tire, the tread depth, etc. The only reason I am currtly running Maxxis Bighorn tires is because of the cost.

Here is what I would like to see from a desert racer.

1. Keep the tires affordable, or at least make a deal like BFG for racers that campaign your tires and have a decent history of winning. I have an offer from BFG to run there tires shipped to my door AT DEALER COST because I have a race history. If you offered something like that, I would order today. I know you only sponsor organizations. The problem with that is simple. Racing is expensive and the UTV field is not made up of folks with unlimited budgets like the big trucks. We have to justify the cost and when I can save 50-70 dollars a tire it makes a difference. I know your tires are the best as I have used them. Now I just need the $$ to buy another set with spares.

2. Make them 29-30" tall. Not only us race dudes want a tall tire. The mudders, rock crawl, and panzies that want to look like they are dirving a lifted truck all want big tires. Make us something a bit taller without getting so big we can't mount them.

3. I would like to see the total weight around 40lbs. The reason is because I know that my previous growlers were about 40 for the rears and around 35 for the fronts. We are running small brakes and the heavier tires take much more power to spin. Over 40lbs and they just get heavy.

I personally really liked the Growler tread pattern. The sidewalls were the selling point for me and the reason why I am considering dropping 2K on a set of new race tires. Keep the sidewalls as that is by far the most common area where we get punctures.

Is there someone we can call at PitBull that gives racers a discount or free shipping or even a STICKER?

Raber Racing
Call PITBULL TIRES AND ASK FOR MIKE GREEN!!!!

Hopefully we will pick up some of these tires @ KOH!

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
30x10-14 and 30x12-14 in lighter non dot utv tire.I would probably run the 30x10-14 all the way around on my car.

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net

Mad Dog LT

Growler LT

I have run the Growler LT in a 31x11.50-15 and they are great. Shink them down to a 30x9.50-15 and 14 and lose the DOT rating and some weight and I like them! The 31x11.50x15 is only 4 lbs more than a BFG KM2 30x9.50-15! At the same size as the KM2 they would be lighter without changing the design. Make them into a UTV tire and lose another 5 lbs easy (less sidewall and tread).

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona

Mad Dog LT

Growler LT

I have run the Growler LT in a 31x11.50-15 and they are great. Shink them down to a 30x9.50-15 and 14 and lose the DOT rating and some weight and I like them! The 31x11.50x15 is only 4 lbs more than a BFG KM2 30x9.50-15! At the same size as the KM2 they would be lighter without changing the design. Make them into a UTV tire and lose another 5 lbs easy (less sidewall and tread).
Do you run this tire on your race car?

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
Do you run this tire on your race car?

I have run the 31" LT Growler a lot on my 2011 Teryx on the Rubicon last summer:
Rubicon Trail Day Trip
Rubicon Trail - July 2011

I have also tested them out on the race car in the rocks:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBCnJ_9qApA]Kawasaki Teryx in the rocks at Prairie City SVRA - YouTube[/ame]

A little too big & heavy for desert, but I love the tire in the rocks. IMHO, I think a smaller/lighter version of the LT Growler would be an awesome tire. Especially if you could make it 5lbs lighter than the same sized KM2.

I may just end up running the 31s for KOH...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000