2014 TORC Racing UTV RULES.. HOPE YOU'RE SITTING DOWN...

Gwinnraptor

Apr 17, 2012
I have been contacting everyone under the sun about the rules......because the initial rules read production utv with engine 1000cc or under. So i inquired about the sr1 class, took two weeks and several emails to hear back that no they are not going to run a SR1,or an open class. Kind of sucks for me, i want to race utvs but the sr1's really appeal to me. Torc is not going to allow them i guess. Kind of sucks. I really wanted to see the torc series start running the sr1's. Basically unless you have the can am maverick or arctic cat wildcat or a rzr xp 900 you are screwed or going to be beaten very badly. The rules i saw and were sent to me by Alison @ TORC state that the stock engine cases, bore, and stock head must be used without modifications. So no big bores, no port and polishing of heads, no stroker cranks....at least this is the way i am interpretting it. She did say that bark river will be running the utv class no matter who shows up. Haha.......i am going to check it out.

FabMan

Jan 9, 2010
Leslie, Mo.
Yea, I was all pumped up and was going to run the full TORC series too, a friend of mine runs a pro light until I was sent and read the utv rule book, stock machines...........OK, that leaves me out! I understand why they are doing it, very easy tech and to police. But, it would be Kinda' like running the pro 2 and the pro 4 classes with stock engines and suspension, not race machines my friends. and not interested in you SR1 guy's, I guess they have never seen the race you guy's put on. Oh well, good luck to them, hope they have a good turnout.

Gwinnraptor

Apr 17, 2012
Yeah i just shook my head too. Was very excited at first but stock machines wont be very fun. 12 stock razrs racing each other........cmon........its silly. I understand there have to be rules and regulations but at least offer a stock and an open class. Idk.......maybe my feelings will change after seeing them race but i doubt it.

Stephen Lee

Honeybadger
Jul 9, 2013
Farmington NM
If I could afford it and had enough time off at work I would be all over it...I think it'll be a good addition to torc. I kinda like the engine limitations, makes it a drivers race.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
How is stock machines not race machines? Have you not seen the 25+ rzr 900s on the same track race at lake Elsinore or Glen Helen ???

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
They must be completely stock motor also. Same goes for the Lucas Oil 1000 class

FabMan

Jan 9, 2010
Leslie, Mo.
Hello, I have a post going with the TORC series on their Facebook page and I was wondering if you and any one you know that would like to race the TORC series with an unlimited or SR 1, to please post you comments on the "stock" UTV rules with this series. Thanks for your help and maybe with enough support, we can get these rules changed. They are only having 2 guys run the series in the UTV class!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000