2011 unlimited UTV/SR1 rules for Lucas(LOORS)

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo
What changes to the rulebook are being made? Seems like time fore some re-evaluation of the current limitations for cc's now that Can Am and Polaris offer new larger displacement models. Does anyone have any insight? Just trying to think of the future rules before making any decisions.

Grant@funco

Monster Energy / Funco Kawasaki - UTVUnderground A
Feb 8, 2009
Califorinia
hope to get some feed back.........:)
MY guess is the Unlimited cc rule will creep up to between 850 to 900 cc.

Sr1 will see a significant weight increase to slow them down.

An increase in factory involvement.

Nothing concrete to back it up though.

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo
thanks Grant that is what I was wondering. What about different chassis for SR1? Maybe my rzr become rzr1? what do the Wellers have in mind? Jason or Cory can you give us a hint?

racemx587

Standing On My 4 Big Horns SUCKA! - UTVUnderground
Mar 28, 2009
Yea, I'm kind of in the same boat too with my rzr. I just did a ton of cage and chassis work, as well as all new suspension. I spent a ton of money and time on it. I know the rzr motor has been struggling to keep up with the kawis this year, but now is it obsolete??

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Yea, I'm kind of in the same boat too with my rzr. I just did a ton of cage and chassis work, as well as all new suspension. I spent a ton of money and time on it. I know the rzr motor has been struggling to keep up with the kawis this year, but now is it obsolete??
Not if they moved it to 900 and you can have the new DOHC rzr motor! :cool:

racemx587

Standing On My 4 Big Horns SUCKA! - UTVUnderground
Mar 28, 2009
Not if they moved it to 900 and you can have the new DOHC rzr motor! :cool:
Haha, yea that's what I figure. But being that it's new, I dont see a take-off motor being available any time soon. And after all the work we put into getting my hand controls dialed in, there is no way I'm getting a new car for a looooong time haha.

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I would move to the 1000CC limit on the unlimited. This would allow the AC & the CanAm to come out & play! Then we could run Pro 2 lap times & give them all a great show.

OLET

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 9, 2009
I would move to the 1000CC limit on the unlimited. This would allow the AC & the CanAm to come out & play! Then we could run Pro 2 lap times & give them all a great show.
ILL PICK UP WHERE YOU LEFT OFF!!!:D

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
I know right! It was fun gettting notice last year that there was going to be an SR1 class about a month before the series started. hahah.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I agree... would love to see some bigbores out there running fast damn lap times...
1000cc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000