2011 Lake Elsinore Gp Official Thread! November 12th & 13th

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
here's a good looking suit on the cheap that I turned up just by doing a search....

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/K1-Race-Gear-30043423-XX-Large/dp/B0041QSH72]Amazon.com: K1 Race Gear 30043423 Black/White XX-Large Proban Single Layer Cotton Fire Suit: Automotive[/ame]

How much does a riding jersey and riding pants cost these days?

Jeff Knoll

Carrera Performance
Oct 20, 2010
www.isxsa.com
A good source for in expensive top quality race suits is this place.

Raceimage.com

They sell use Nascar stuff.

The ISA rules have not yet been adopted as we are working with different racers across the country to work out any bugs before the BOD adopts them. Even if they were ready I think it would be in poor taste to require a last minute change.

Hopefully getting a standard set of SXS rules in place can happen in 2012, so that its pretty much the same everywhere.

Fire suits make good sense, and they are cheaper than typical MC/ATV riding gear. $100 insurance policy is worth while in my humble opinion.

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
A good source for in expensive top quality race suits is this place.

Raceimage.com

They sell use Nascar stuff.

The ISA rules have not yet been adopted as we are working with different racers across the country to work out any bugs before the BOD adopts them. Even if they were ready I think it would be in poor taste to require a last minute change.

Hopefully getting a standard set of SXS rules in place can happen in 2012, so that its pretty much the same everywhere.

Fire suits make good sense, and they are cheaper than typical MC/ATV riding gear. $100 insurance policy is worth while in my humble opinion.
MOST PEOPLE ALREADY HAVE RIDING GEAR & MOTORCYCLE TYPE HELMETS & BOOTS SO THERE IS NO NEW COST FOR THOSE. CHANGE IS HARD FOR EVERYONE. SAFETY GEAR SHOULD ALWAYS BE YOUR FIRST PRIORITY, SO FIRE SUIT, GLOVES & RACING SHOES SEEM LIKE IT WOULD BE PRETTY CHEAP INSURANCE AGAINST FIRE. FIRE EXTINGUISHER SHOULD BE STANDARD EQUIPMENT ON ALL SIDESIDES AS WELL AS FULL HARNESSES. JUST MY $.02. ISA SHOULD SUGGEST THAT TO UTV COMPANIES.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I wont even go testing without a fire suit these days. I cringe every time I see someone in a race car testing without gear.......

Get some suits fellas. Anything can happen!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
IMO XP900's and Can-Am 1000's should be racing with "fully built" UTV's. With that said I think Street Bike UTV's should be in their own class by themselves.

On another note it is my opinion that all XP900's and Can-Am 1000's that are racing in competition should have aftermarket cages with doors/panels and proper safety gear. These things are way too fast now to be racing with stock cages. At minimum bolted or welded in bracing should be added.

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010
I do have an aftermarket cage, I was more talking about racing in the same class as street bike engines. I don't really care what class I'm, I will be there to run!

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
I think the Polaris XP 900 has been proven this year at every utv event . Class 1 for sure, as far as making a new cage for the thing to race BS.
These manufactures should make the thing ready to go safety wise when you buy it off the show room floor. We don't drive any different in the desert compared to a GP, there's only 40 cars around you ready to go! Don't put a big motor around a cage that doesn't work or is held on by bolts.Save money or be safe!

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Remember what won the last Soboba GP!?!? A stock RZR 4. And there were a bunch of street bike motored cars and a few commander 1000s there.

RZR XPs and Canned Ham 1000s are really fast out of the box, and should have all the safety gear of a fully built race rhino or teryx, for sure! We don't need any injuries at these races, or we won't have them to race at any more. All we need is a newbie in a stock XP wadding it up...

Reactions: 1 person

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Sorry dan but you're wrong. Ben is spot on. What do you think would have happened if one of those stock XP's went end over end on the backside of that massive table top at Anza? Someone could easily die. Manufacturers make it obvious that these are not race machines and at the same time we know they understand how they are being driven. But the minute they put full blown race cages on a showroom UTV they now assume even more liability.

All it takes is one newbie to go buy an XP, misjudge a jump at full speed and everyone's fun is spoiled.

You said it, the XP's and Commanders's have proven to be able to hang with most purpose built race cars. Well then it's time they cage up like the purpose built race cars. I understand it adds some cost but if you can't afford to protect your car and protect yourself from an accident then you probably can't afford to be racing or repairing any race damage either.

I don't want to see costs go up in grass roots racing like LEGP or Soboba but I certainly don't want to see someone die. Imagine if Mark Turner was in a stock XP when he crashed in the jump contest! It could get ugly real fast!

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
MOST PEOPLE PUT WAY TOO MUCH FAITH IN THE STOCK CAGES. THEY ARE CALLED ROLLOVER PROTECTION OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. KIND OF LIKE THEY USED TO CALL BARS IN THE BED OF A PICKUP LIGHT BARS (FOR MOUNTING OFFROAD LIGHTS) & BECAUSE THEY WERE PRETTY WORTHLESS IN A ROLLOVER.
I DON'T RACE ANYMORE, BUT IF I DID I WOULD HAVE AN AFTERMARKET OR CUSTOM BUILT CAGE.
I DO WISH THE MANUFACTURERS WOULD PRODUCE SPORT SIDEXSIDES WITH REAL CAGES & HARNESSES FROM THE FACTORY. JUST MY OPINION.

lmcarraher

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
Sorry dan but you're wrong. Ben is spot on. What do you think would have happened if one of those stock XP's went end over end on the bakside of that massive table top at Anza? Someone could easily die. Manufacturers make it obvious that these are not race machines at the same time we know they underhand how they are being driven. But the minute thy put full blown race cages on a showroom utv they now assume even more liability.

All it takes is one newbie to go buy an XP, misjudge a jump at full speed and everyone's fun is spoiled.

You said it, the XP's and Commanders's have proven to be able to hang with most purpose built race cars. Well the. It's time they cage up like the purpose built race cars. I understand it adds some cost but if you can't afford to protect your car and protect yourself from an accident then you probably can't afford to be racing or repairing any race damage either.

I don't want to see costs go up in grass roots racing like LEGP or Soboba but I certainly don't want to see someone die. Imagine if Mark Turner was in a stock XP when he crashed in the jump contest! Thy could get ugly real fast!
x2, i seen a xp do a low speed roll over and it crushed the passenger side down towered the passenger if it had been any harder of an impact , i believe it would have been ugly .
when every one is talking about how fast they want to go, i always say "how fast do you want to be going when you roll"

if we get hurt we cant work so we cant afford to play.

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010
Remember what won the last Soboba GP!?!? A stock RZR 4. And there were a bunch of street bike motored cars and a few commander 1000s there.

RZR XPs and Canned Ham 1000s are really fast out of the box, and should have all the safety gear of a fully built race rhino or teryx, for sure! We don't need any injuries at these races, or we won't have them to race at any more. All we need is a newbie in a stock XP wadding it up...
Thank you, but I am not a newbie to racing utv's and what's to say a pro does not wad up a stock XP. Regardless of being new or experianced racer you should not drive over what your ride can handle.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Thank you, but I am not a newbie to racing utv's and what's to say a pro does not wad up a stock XP. Regardless of being new or experianced racer you should not drive over what your ride can handle.
I agree here too....it doesn't matter if your pro or a rookie, anything can happen and at the speeds these bad boys can go now it is imperative to protect yourself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000