2010 rzr4 got hot need advise

jlbierig450r

Mar 26, 2010
Oklahoma
So my dads 2010 rzr4 800 fan failed due to a wire shorting out. He didn't notice the issue until it was to late. He now has oil in the water. So that means we have to tear into it and fine out what is wrong. Could be as simple as a head gasket or a may need to go deeper. Wondered if while we are in the machine if there is anything else we should do or look for? Thanks in advance for your advise.

jlbierig450r

Mar 26, 2010
Oklahoma
All these great mechanics in here and no one has an opinion on what I should check or replace sense I am in the motor trying to fix a problem.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I am not claiming to be an engine whisperer, but it is likely a head gasket. Make sure the crank bearings are ok, because they don't like heat or using coolent as lube. You should look into getting a Holz/Kroyer Stage III kit. Runs on pump gas and gains you something like 22-25 hp. Look on the Holz website for pricing.

Thrill Seeker

Oct 21, 2013
Simi Valley
I would use a straight edge & check cylinder head & block for warpage, if head is warped a few thousands you can have it machined by a machine shop ( it's cheap) the rotate motor over & look in cylinder wall for scoring that can be felt with a finger nail or metal transfer, none is found put it back together. Change t-stat for good measure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000