XTREME SKAT-TRAK NEW TIRE UNVEIL AT THE SSSS X3

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
I saw the Xtreme tire set up on a SXS at the show and thought maybe Tim was offering them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried the Xtreme 1300s on my RZR last year. They are really heavy but they slide like crazy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I tried the Xtreme 1300s on my RZR last year. They are really heavy but they slide like crazy.

Well heavy comes with the territory with molded tires and the larger they go the heavier they will be. Those STL 29s they had at the show looked heavy and the front pivot tires should have enough drag to really kill some Hp. I built a set of front paddles 3 years ago with little kiddie quad paddles called exciter blades and they worked good for side Hilling soft dunes and that was it. The blades were placed on the side of the tire so they would hopefully not be in the sand much when running at speed but just enough of the paddle on front touching sand was enough to really kill the cars speed. I will try and post some pictures. Here's a few pictures of 29 molded STLs

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
STU just released a 30" measures closer to 31" on a 15" wheel. The STUs are half the weight of the Xtreme and comp cut really close to the Skat of equal size. Probably what I'll run since the 15" skat is not in the cars for a while

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az

STU just released a 30" measures closer to 31" on a 15" wheel. The STUs are half the weight of the Xtreme and comp cut really close to the Skat of equal size. Probably what I'll run since the 15" skat is not in the cars for a while

with the 15s your gonna lose a lot of power since the wheels are heavy also and those STLs are not light by any strech of the Imagination. Especially when you have to run a 15" Beadlock wheel Ouch.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Not much power will be lost considering you will have 154hp with the X-3 and 168hp with the 2017 XP. I saw a new set up that STU was using on the car displayed at Alternative Off-road booth. Interesting set up. I forgot to snap a picture.

As long as the paddle tire weighs the same or a little less than the stock tire set up there will be no loss of power. Even if they weigh slightly more you are not going to notice any significant loss of power. Maybe if you are drag racing on the flats or up a long steep hill, but not many of us do that often enough to matter.

As long as the tire profile and paddle profile are good that is all that matters.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Not much power will be lost considering you will have 154hp with the X-3 and 168hp with the 2017 XP. I saw a new set up that STU was using on the car displayed at Alternative Off-road booth. Interesting set up. I forgot to snap a picture.

As long as the paddle tire weighs the same or a little less than the stock tire set up there will be no loss of power. Even if they weigh slightly more you are not going to notice any significant loss of power. Maybe if you are drag racing on the flats or up a long steep hill, but not many of us do that often enough to matter.

As long as the tire profile and paddle profile are good that is all that matters.
15" Beadlock wheels are heavy as Hell by themselves. are you kidding.

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
with the 15s your gonna lose a lot of power since the wheels are heavy also and those STLs are not light by any strech of the Imagination. Especially when you have to run a 15" Beadlock wheel Ouch.
We have a difference of opinion about beadlocks. You think Skats dont need them and STUs do. I think both need them equally, you can run with or without and get the same results no matter the tire.

15" are marginally more than 14" in the same wheel and STUs are marginally more then Skats if they are comp cut. The Xtreme 1300 is twice the weight +/- of the STU 1300...

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
We have a difference of opinion about beadlocks. You think Skats dont need them and STUs do. I think both need them equally, you can run with or without and get the same results no matter the tire.

15" are marginally more than 14" in the same wheel and STUs are marginally more then Skats if they are comp cut. The Xtreme 1300 is twice the weight +/- of the STU 1300...
Xtremes are not Twice as heavy lol. Maybe 10% more weight cause Tim wants his tires to hold air and not go flat overnight like STLs Lol.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
Xtremes are not Twice as heavy lol. Maybe 10% more weight cause Tim wants his tires to hold air and not go flat overnight like STLs Lol.

Sent from my Magic Wand!
I owned both... You?

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I owned both... You?

There's a warehouse here at Tims Full of all Sizes since he is the manufacturer. What do you have. Lol. STL tires are all leakers.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
There's a warehouse here at Tims Full of all Sizes since he is the manufacturer. What do you have. Lol. STL tires are all leakers.

Sent from my Magic Wand!
I really wish you could be honest. It's hard to talk to you when every post has a flat lie in it. You actually know a lot about skats, absolutely nothing about STUs but a lot about skats. To bad you can't have a honest conversation

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I really wish you could be honest. It's hard to talk to you when every post has a flat lie in it. You actually know a lot about skats, absolutely nothing about STUs but a lot about skats. To bad you can't have a honest conversation

So you don't think we know our Competition please. Funny how all the cars at the sand show were low on air in the mornings. Oh I guess you didn't go.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
So you don't think we know our Competition please. Funny how all the cars at the sand show were low on air in the mornings. Oh I guess you didn't go.

Sent from my Magic Wand!
Honestly no I don't think you have a clue about Tim's competition. Or you really are a liar. I'll give you the benefit of that doubt and go with ignorant.. much better then being a liar.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
You have owned 3 sets of tires for your Xp of I had to guess and you are the expert. And you have Tested all makes and models cause that's what you do so you can inform everyone here as to how well versed you are and I know nothing. Seriously you have issues and your ignorance is showing itself.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
You have owned 3 sets of tires for your Xp of I had to guess and you are the expert. And you have Tested all makes and models cause that's what you do so you can inform everyone here as to how well versed you are and I know nothing. Seriously you have issues and your ignorance is showing itself.

Sent from my Magic Wand!
Actually I tested most makes and models so I know what works best. I just share what I've learned for myself. I don't bash skat, I think they have their place. They just don't work as well for me.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Actually I tested most makes and models so I know what works best. I just share what I've learned for myself. I don't bash skat, I think they have their place. They just don't work as well for me.

Like I said you owned a few sets. So your testing and experience is limited to Stu. And maybe some old set of Skat-Trak paddles somebody sent in to have buffed down and paddles installed doesn't mean they are a good Skat-Trak tire. Anyone who has an idea for making a paddle tire has Skat Make it then they run it and it's no good then they sell them off and some guy like you or whomever gets the tires and then finds out they don't work and then start Bashing Skats.
I have been trying to talk Greg and Jamie at Skat Trak to just stop building random stuff for outside people and just build and sell what they have that works cause random stuff just gives them a Black Eye. Fullerton sends in all kinds of weird shit to Buff down since they are not a Skat-Trak Dealer selling the Xtreme Warlock Tires. People need to understand what rollout is and mostly all of the newest Xtreme Warlock Tires are 92" to 97" of Rollout. So make sure and ask for Rollout when ordering from Random dealers also.
I'm sure you haven't even spent a few weekends running the Warlock brand so how can you say they don't work for you ?

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
Like I said you owned a few sets. So your testing and experience is limited to Stu. And maybe some old set of Skat-Trak paddles somebody sent in to have buffed down and paddles installed doesn't mean they are a good Skat-Trak tire. Anyone who has an idea for making a paddle tire has Skat Make it then they run it and it's no good then they sell them off and some guy like you or whomever gets the tires and then finds out they don't work and then start Bashing Skats.
I have been trying to talk Greg and Jamie at Skat Trak to just stop building random stuff for outside people and just build and sell what they have that works cause random stuff just gives them a Black Eye. Fullerton sends in all kinds of weird shit to Buff down since they are not a Skat-Trak Dealer selling the Xtreme Warlock Tires. People need to understand what rollout is and mostly all of the newest Xtreme Warlock Tires are 92" to 97" of Rollout. So make sure and ask for Rollout when ordering from Random dealers also.
I'm sure you haven't even spent a few weekends running the Warlock brand so how can you say they don't work for you ?

Sent from my Magic Wand!
I've actually driven 2 sets of 30x14 warlocks on RZRs as a 30x11 set on a RZR. Again you have no clue what my background or experience is.

You are going to love this but rollout is useless on a RZR. The only reason to know rollout is to calculate speed vs rpm vs gearing. Height matters, tires matching matters, rollout not so much.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Rollout tells you the Height a 28 but actually a true 27".
Take The Rollout number and divide by 3.14 and that gives you its height. So 88" Divided by 3.14 is 28 so the tire is 28" Tall.
95" Rollout 95÷ 3.14 = 30.25 height.
The way skat trak measures the Rollout of any tire on the Buffing Wheel is at a standard 15Lbs of air pressure. Then they mark the tire with white crayon on the sidewall. A STU blaster 28" has 86" of Rollout on the seam.
So please dont show your ignorance by saying Rollout doesn't mean anything. Lol

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000