XTREME SKAT-TRAK NEW TIRE UNVEIL AT THE SSSS X3

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
Rollout tells you the Height a 28 but actually a true 27".
Take The Rollout number and divide by 3.14 and that gives you its height. So 88" Divided by 3.14 is 28 so the tire is 28" Tall.
95" Rollout 95÷ 3.14 = 30.25 height.
The way skat trak measures the Rollout of any tire on the Buffing Wheel is at a standard 15Lbs of air pressure. Then they mark the tire with white crayon on the sidewall. A STU blaster 28" has 86" of Rollout on the seam.
So please dont show your ignorance by saying Rollout doesn't mean anything. Lol

Sent from my Magic Wand!
It's just a long way to get to the height... But on a RZR it doesn't mean anything.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
It's just a long way to get to the height... But on a RZR it doesn't mean anything.

Why would tire height not mean anything on a sxs. To small a Tire and the Car will bottom out. To tall of a tire it can rub. RZRs need a Taller tire for duning or they will case out. That's why DMC sells those shock candy spacers that go on the shock shafts ,so the car doesn't hit the ground with undersized tires. Guys that Run STU blasters hit the ground so he made those to stop it from hitting. The problem is you lose your shock travel. So if you run a 30" tire you won't hit ground and you can use all of your suspension travel. Running a larger tire also helps give a better ride over the choppy bumps and holes. Rollout (Tire Size) Matters.lol

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
Why would tire height not mean anything on a sxs. To small a Tire and the Car will bottom out. To tall of a tire it can rub. RZRs need a Taller tire for duning or they will case out. That's why DMC sells those shock candy spacers that go on the shock shafts ,so the car doesn't hit the ground with undersized tires. Guys that Run STU blasters hit the ground so he made those to stop it from hitting. The problem is you lose your shock travel. So if you run a 30" tire you won't hit ground and you can use all of your suspension travel. Running a larger tire also helps give a better ride over the choppy bumps and holes. Rollout (Tire Size) Matters.lol

Sent from my Magic Wand!
Height does, exact roll out doesn't. Roll out is used to calculate gear ratios so you have the right rpm at a certain mph like fit drag racing. Height is to keep your ass from bumping the ground.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Height does, exact roll out doesn't. Roll out is used to calculate gear ratios so you have the right rpm at a certain mph like fit drag racing. Height is to keep your ass from bumping the ground.

LMAO. OK class. Listen up. Roll out or a tires height is found 2 ways.
88"÷3.14 = 28.025 so that is a 28" Tall Tire.
30"×3.14 =94.2 Rollout , those are ways to figure out Tire size height.
We use Rollout in as the true measurement of tires and there true height. Tim only sells tire packages with more Roll out on the front tires so AWD stays engaged better. Running tires on the front of your RZR that are shorter or I will say have less roll out than the rears is not gonna work with your RZR AWD system that's why roll out matters. The RZR Hilliard system only engages when the the rear tires slip 20% more than the front tires. So if you have smaller front tires than the rear it's hard to engage properly.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
All I know is the larger tire size helps roll over the bumps and can give you more ground clearance.

Rollout is just another term for tire size. But the rollout should be measured at the tire pressure most will end up running, which is around 10psi.

Those skats feel like bricks at 15psi, as does any paddle tire on a SXS at 15psi

I rarely bottom out with my time 28" blaster set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
LMAO. OK class. Listen up. Roll out or a tires height is found 2 ways.
88"÷3.14 = 28.025 so that is a 28" Tall Tire.
30"×3.14 =94.2 Rollout , those are ways to figure out Tire size height.
We use Rollout in as the true measurement of tires and there true height. Tim only sells tire packages with more Roll out on the front tires so AWD stays engaged better. Running tires on the front of your RZR that are shorter or I will say have less roll out than the rears is not gonna work with your RZR AWD system that's why roll out matters. The RZR Hilliard system only engages when the the rear tires slip 20% more than the front tires. So if you have smaller front tires than the rear it's hard to engage properly.

Sent from my Magic Wand!
You forgot about a simple tape measure... Plus the reason I know roll out isn't important you said look for 92" to 97" that's a 5" variance so the actual number isn't that important except to match tires to make a set and you only have that much variance in a skat type tire. Molded tires are more uniform, they are easier to replace it you damage one etc.

For height you aren't going to say run anything from 27" tall to 32" tall (same 5" variance) because actual height is more important than actual roll out.

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
Oh and my STU blasters had 94" roll out at 10psi

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
You forgot about a simple tape measure... Plus the reason I know roll out isn't important you said look for 92" to 97" that's a 5" variance so the actual number isn't that important except to match tires to make a set and you only have that much variance in a skat type tire. Molded tires are more uniform, they are easier to replace it you damage one etc.

For height you aren't going to say run anything from 27" tall to 32" tall (same 5" variance) because actual height is more important than actual roll out.

Your a fuckin idiot. We make the roll out in different sizes for reasons I already mentioned. Your a dumb sumbitch.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
If you say so

Lmao and your that guy that says Running in 2wd is faster than 4wd cause look at the Trophy Trucks there all 2wd.
Your a sharp one that's for sure.
Watch them Geiser trucks smart guy. JESSE JONES just ordered up a AWD Geiser truck and there gonna be the Dominant Truck just like all other forms of Motor sports AWD Dominates. You keep running 2wd sloppy boy. Lol

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
Lmao and your that guy that says Running in 2wd is faster than 4wd cause look at the Trophy Trucks there all 2wd.
Your a sharp one that's for sure.
Watch them Geiser trucks smart guy. JESSE JONES just ordered up a AWD Geiser truck and there gonna be the Dominant Truck just like all other forms of Motor sports AWD Dominates. You keep running 2wd sloppy boy. Lol

Sent from my Magic Wand!
You're so predictable... You talk shit but won't back it up. It's a standing offer to run though the dunes any time you're ready... Until then you are all talk.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
You're so predictable... You talk shit but won't back it up. It's a standing offer to run though the dunes any time you're ready... Until then you are all talk.

You are a waste of time, after listening to your dribble why would anyone take you serious. I can't be responsible for you getting hurt son.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
You are a waste of time, after listening to your dribble why would anyone take you serious. I can't be responsible for you getting hurt son.

Sent from my Magic Wand!
I appreciate that, I'd probably get a kink in my neck looking back for you...

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Last guy that said he could hang with us on a night ride ended up destroying his car and he was banned from riding with our group and I'm sure your gonna be that guy. Lol

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
Last guy that said he could hang with us on a night ride ended up destroying his car and he was banned from riding with our group and I'm sure your gonna be that guy. Lol

Sent from my Magic Wand!
If you say so.. I'm willing to take that risk

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Yeah that's exactly what he said. Lol. His wife no longer likes us. Dude your not as fast as you think you are. Lol. You were Hauling Ass when we passed you.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

sconym

Aug 30, 2012
There's a warehouse here at Tims Full of all Sizes since he is the manufacturer. What do you have. Lol. STL tires are all leakers.

Sent from my Magic Wand!
For the record, my STU's on Hipers have not leaked since I mounted them a couple of years ago....

Reactions: Rynomx785

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000