Polaris Z1 Methanol HCR build

the_owl

Oct 14, 2011
I know the UTVU crowd likes to bag on "builds" that look like you drove through AutoZone with a mexican magnet turned on, but this is really a build (I think)
Not starting until September so right now its a big ole pile of parts
14' XP1K4
Z1 Air to Air with Devils own methanol 24psi on 91oct ~300HP/~260HP and limping home 200HP
HCR long travel finned IBP kings and what not
Vortex heated seats.
glazzkraft carbon dash
custom carbon lightbar scoop
OMF 3 piece billet wheels with STU #2
Method 401s with Tusk Terrabites (32")
Gear reduction
TFBB cage
Android tablet in mob armor dash with NextStage ECU interface for displaying AFR, and engine vitals
Lowrance HDS7m Touch
Shocker yellow powder over 2017 Toyota Cement gray paint
converting the glove box to a 3 gallon methanol reservoir
Ill update when I start! One more trip for the summer, and hope to have the build done in time for some dune trips2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tatum and Rynomx785

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Nice! What cabinet and workbench setup is that?

the_owl

Oct 14, 2011
New Age Products.
Best value I could find. Free shipping.
Cant wait to get this pile of parts in. The day after labor day its all getting rolling.

the_owl

Oct 14, 2011
Day 1
Breakdown. Now I have to try and stuff a 3gallon ProMeth tank where the glove box used to be.
Moab was pretty rough on my plastics this year.
FYI parting motor, clutch, and tons of parts. Thread on the RZR forum for sale section if anyone is interested.

the_owl

Oct 14, 2011
I love meth!.
stage 1 of the glove box upgrade, trans getting a 12% high range reduction, and 26% low range reduction. Also getting all 16' upgrades like the reverse chain.
Going to run 32" tires so.. yea just about perfect
and @Rusty5150 im following your cool ass build too ! . Id love to do some of those things on mine

Reactions: Rynomx785

the_owl

Oct 14, 2011
its a z1 swap with a stage II turbine tech turbo and devils own methanol injection. 320hp tune on pump
thanks for the kind words, dialing the clutch in and chasing little trolls down

Alan Williams

Oct 27, 2018
You are my UTV hero! I'm actually trying to put together the research into building your own UTV. Do's, don'ts, etc. Outside of buying a Turbo S, people buy a base turbo and overhaul it to get what they want. Seems like a lot of money to throw at something, only to have a base and throw more money at it. To build one from scratch, someone can have a badass UTV for 20K. I realize it's a lot of work, bending, welding etc. But that's the beauty of it, it's yours and you built it. I know yours is a RZR base, but you did what others do, build it how you want it, investing more...

I have concluded that the Z1Turbo is a popular and solid motor. Now to find a drive train, transmission, transfer cases and differentials. Finding a wrecked rzr is an option, but someone has to have other options out there. I would love to see some more pics of your build and maybe pick your brain on what you'd do different, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000