All UTV's YXZ VS Maverick XS or??? For GNCC racing/East coast trail riding

YOSHGIXXER

Dec 1, 2016
York PA
Total side by side newbie here, been Racing motorcorss and Enduros for years, But this upcoming season I decided to race SXS instead. The GNCC/Woods type racing really caught my eye. I want a machine that is capable of hard East Coast PA type trail riding, jumps, Steep hills, rocky, Slimey roots and a mix of everything and is still raceable

I have about 20k budget for a used SXS, I see a few that caught my eye that are well built and I'm kinda hung up between the YXZ with the TW tranny and clutch mod and the Maverick XS 1000.
I know some have ups and downs. I like the way the 5 speed with a clutch sounds... but is it going to be a pain in the ass in the woods? Do the belts get eatin up on the Mavericks or do they last a while?

Any input or advice on another machine all together is much appreciated.

Whattha

Apr 21, 2014
I'll put it this way, the maverick dominates GNCC

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

YOSHGIXXER

Dec 1, 2016
York PA
Hmmm.. that's what I figured.

Mod list on this Maverick X DS I found is

Selling my can am, it has about 750 miles
Mr rpm stage 2 with intake manifold, injectors, tune and cat delete . It also has an upgraded Turbo. Two brothers exhaust . Kn&n air filter . Fan over ride switch. Ridged 40 inch light bar and 2 dually lights. Ct race works shock upgrade, custom cage, sway bar and upgraded billet tie rods . Can am navigation , wide band fail safe Guage. 4 point pro armor harnesses. Dragon fire doors
20995 or b/o

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
Both do pretty well. My Maverick is still stock HP wise but it gets to the front of the pack once the track tightens. I have never driven the Yamaha but they have some at our races that are really quick. For racing I would not want to be dealing with the shifting as the steering wheel gets a 2 handed workout in the woods but it is probably pretty fun for fast playing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000