Yamaha volntarily recalls 120,000 Rhinos

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
LOL! Sway bars I would imagine are very useful in Short track racing and desert racing to a degree where traction is king. With out the sway bar you are able to get a little more articulation out of the suspension resulting in a looser ride through the corners where the sway bar will limit the loose feeling and give you more traction allowing you to maintain speed and turn sharper........atleast thats my philosophy.........LOL

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
wait what? i have video of you flipping, you didnt sue? lol
LOL!! I know - crazy huh?? I might actually take responsibility for my own actions, and then start a whole new trend...... :D

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
Good seeing you again, btw, Lil Foot!!! :) Thanks for saying HI at the Rally!!

TripleR

Apr 10, 2009
I ran my Rhino since I bought it new in 06 without any problems, never came close to turning it over. I just put a new set of wheels and tires which give me 4" offset all the way around. Spacers will just cover me in mud or knock me out with thrown rocks and the sway bar isn't a problem, so I am going to leave mine alone.

TripleR

Apr 10, 2009
Yeah, when I was younger, I crashed my share of street and dirt bikes, totalled a couple; my fault on all except when the engines blew.

I spent a lot of time in court over the years and you would not believe what goes on. Much of the time there is nothing left after the lawyers are finished. I saw one case in which there were eleven lawyers involved in one case. By the time the case was done they had won, but nothing was left for the plaintiffs.

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
I realize I am reviving an old thread, but just thought I'd mention that I had the chance to spend a day in a Rhino with the new repairs (specs) on it. First, I keep forgetting how amazing a Rhino is in stock form, for trail riding and rock crawling!! Mine was stock for a little while, but it's been a long time since I got to play (ie ride the cr@p out of) in a stock Rhino! 8 hours solid of some SERIOUS riding!!! From super technical rock crawling, to high speed fun stuff, to really crazy, rocky, steep hills.....it was fun!

Second, I really couldn't tell that any repairs had been done to it.......it just felt like a Rhino! No different.... I wasn't clipping anything with my rear wheels or feeling any different as far as suspension goes......it was just the same fun Rhino I remember!

Obviously Yamaha would like to see everyone take their machine in for these repairs, and I would def do it if I had a stocker, still......especially since I know it doesn't affect it's maneuverability, etc......plus, free helmet $$!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000