Other Yamaha / Honda "Sport" SxS?

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
Without asking to hard, why isn't Honda or Yamaha stepping up?

Scared of the layers "Rollover lawsuits" perhaps? They are making more money simply selling what they are already making? Or something more far fetched; they are waiting to see what the strengths weaknesses are of the other companies to build something superior?

I just dont understand why they wouldn't be designing their own... Honda hasn't built anything good since their old 250r IMO, NPI...

Yamaha... What am I missing here?

Much respect,
RiP

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
I don't get it either! The 4 Japanese company's are really strange in the way they do business and what markets they decide to enter.
Honda's are great vehicles. IMO, they don't have much going for them in the sports world. Their racing quads are mediocre at best. The last good machine they built was the 250r back in 1988 (Date?) It was well balanced and fairly fast. Than came along the Raptor and quadzilla to pass it up. But the Zilla and raptor had garbage frames, no balance and people died as a consequence.

All these damned layers out for a dollar take the fun out of things...

Honda I can understand not building a sport SxS. I can see them all sitting around the table now: Ahhhh, we bwild sport si by si, we get a sued for wo over!

But Yamaha... WTH Yamaha...

Much respect,
RiP

duner19

Jan 4, 2011
Yamaha will come out with one before honda. Yamaha and honda all have a hold and major share in other markets. Dirt bikes and atvs. Honda 450s are the most used atv in racing and they are selling a ton of dirt bikes. I wish honda would make a sport sxs but I don't ever see it happening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000