XTZ 1000 Build: Permission to Launch

Ted@ATR

All Terrrain Research - Official UTVUnderground Sp
Jul 21, 2009
Tx
Yeah, I have plenty of pics but I don't wanna jack this thread. I'll get some together and make a new thread when I get a chance!

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
No more updates at this time,,,, Hapa II will be ready very soon like a week, and PUSS will be ready for the SSSS!!

I will blow this thread up with pics very soon, then i will teach you guys to bust some air!!!:D
So you are going to name it Puss....... Thats sweet man the story behind it is pretty cool cant wait to see it all done !

Hapa

Ricky Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Oc
www.glamisdunesstorage.com
Well guys i dont have any pics of my ride, but my Rhino Hapa II is almost complete. So i will post up some pics tonight. i am sorry for dragging my feet with the updates. I am having a hard time believing both rides will be done by the SSSS. If they are complete, i am sure their will be pics everywhere.

My Rhino has every dang part i could think of except the dash is not white yet like I wanted. But I dont care and i am done anyways. its time to ride!

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
These pics make me kind of sad, I know I am to dam soft inmy old age.
These are not show or trailer queens. We are going to beat on them just like the old Hapa.

retired, kind of sad

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
Well I haven't giving an update on my Prowler in a long time. I had some fun in it and found out I had some problems right away also.

I was having bottoming out issues in the rear. The fox engineers looked at it and gave me some advice. they rebuilt the shocks and replaced the rubber bump stops with some urethane. The set the sag and toe and were a great help. The engineer Ross noticed something was not optimal on the suspension. So he suggested a longer shock with 3 more inch's of travel in the rear. I was like ya right? thought he was kinda kidding, he checked and everything works better with a longer rear shock, so I gave his contact info to Mike at Prestige and figured they would figure it out.

But I still was bottoming in the rear? Chris from Bench Mark did some tuning at the hill with me, He is super knowledgeable and set it the best it has ridden yet. Chris also mentioned I should go heavier springs in the rear. So i went to a 350 lb spring and tightened the shocks all way to tight adjustment and back them off 1 click. And still I bottomed on big hits.

This whole time I had a chance to finally run the Prowler some and I discovered it was running way rich and i did overheat it once but anyway, the blow back oil pooled in my air cleaner and when I stopped at the hill the oil would drain onto a hot exhaust pipe and caught on fire the last time. We got the fire out quick and not much damage. So that is where i am at.

So Mike has ordered new shocks 3 1/2 inch longer to fix the rear suspension. This is with much help from Ross at Fox Shocks, the guy is awsome and really takes the time with his help!!! And Jim @ Prestige gave it a leak down test today, see if the rings, head gasket and stuff need to be done again? Or if it just needs to get on the Dyno. Owe and I am working on new rear rims that bent when i bottomed out.

Unleashed has offered to step up and help me out with the rims, Greg didn't take long as soon as I e-mailed him he knew what I did and is ready to help. great guy
I am also speaking to Bogart make sure i have the best solution for sand rims.

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
Did you guys measure the leverage ratios on the LT prior to setting up the shocks Rick? And maybe check the corner weights? We'd be happy to dyno your shocks and get you pointed in the right direction if you need the help! Even though we didn't build the kit, we can get it working right. Let me know, MAGNUM has your back Rick!!!:D

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
WOW Rick! The car looks amazing and I am sure you will get it dialed. You definitley did not take the path of least resistance and you have created a true one of a kind. A little more dialing in and I am sure it will be the ultimate SXS!!!! Cant wait to run with you, if I can keep up that is!!! hahaha

Thanks for poppin in, always good to see you in the Underground doggie!

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
Well I appreciate the offer Dano, thanks

I am going to let Mike finish the suspension and build. he has already been payed. We have to install a gas gage, my dead foot pedal got bent on the last jumps and my Steering wheel bent again. O also bent my rims but they are going to weld rings in them to strengthen the rims, and just some little stuff like that. The answer is they did not measure the rear A arms right the first time we have found out. Thats my guess. But ya the build is just about finished.

Now the engine, I am waiting on the leak down. this also determines if I have my ride for New Years and is my whole season blown again or what? If the rings are ok, then I will do the head gaskets, get it to the Pro Shop for Dyno see if they can get this thing running right. If I am not pushing 72 plus Hp then i will be disappointed and will have to start planning the rebuild with hairdryer option.

I really want to thank Chris @ benchmark for his time and Ross at Fox Shocks and Sandchris from AZ these guys take the time answer all my questions and have given good advice along the way.

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
I have a question;;;;

In order to really dial in my powercammander III and my new intake and exhaust, Do I need to drill my exhaust for an O2 censor/bung ??

Or can a dyno dial it in, or do I need someone with a laptop to ride with me and dial it in?

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
I have a question;;;;

In order to really dial in my powercammander III and my new intake and exhaust, Do I need to drill my exhaust for an O2 censor/bung ??

Or can a dyno dial it in, or do I need someone with a laptop to ride with me and dial it in?
do you have a 3 or the new 5?

you will always need a a/f sniffer when tuning it- all guys with dynos should have one that they stick int eh end of your pipe.

but if you have the new PC5 you can just add the new auto tune with a sensor in your exhaust

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000