XTZ 1000 Build: Permission to Launch

Hapa

Ricky Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Oc
www.glamisdunesstorage.com
Ya i have the three, and they do use the sniffer in the both cylinders when they set it up. It is set right at the 12.5 to 13 range you want. i guess I need to learn to work the adjustments so I can change them under load, like at the hill??

We measured the shocks and A-arms and we do have the right shocks on there. The leak down test is happening now.

i dont know if I have a dual rate spring on there??

They are the new fox triple adjustable shocks with the 350lb springs on there.

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
Ya i have the three, and they do use the sniffer in the both cylinders when they set it up. It is set right at the 12.5 to 13 range you want. i guess I need to learn to work the adjustments so I can change them under load, like at the hill??

We measured the shocks and A-arms and we do have the right shocks on there. The leak down test is happening now.

i dont know if I have a dual rate spring on there??

They are the new fox triple adjustable shocks with the 350lb springs on there.
ok if it is the 3 then you can not add the auto tune to it.

also-dual rate would be two seperate springs with a spliter ring.

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
Well the top end is good no need to do piston and rings or even head gaskets. The water pump did have a little leak and that was fixed under warranty. yay

The suspension seems to be fixed. We adjusted the ride height up a little bit. We also tightened all the shocks adjustments and it is much stiffer. So i am thinking the bottoming out issues are solved.

Now i just want to dyno it one more time and download the maps to my laptop so I can adjust the fuel controller out in the sand and make sure it is running the best it can.

I feel like it is really getting close to where I want it to be!

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
found out on the Dyno today that one or both head gaskets are bad again:mad:

No Prowler for the family vacation again:mad:

Ordered new head gaskets and head bolts today, try the install again after the New Years????

Have a Merry Christmas and happy New year every one. I dont even get mad anymore about this stuff. I am lucky to have what i have:)

But I keep thinking about the thousands of miles i put on my 450x every year in baja with no issues, and my 450r in Glamis??? why cant honda or yamaha just make a big engine long travel utv??? Maybe I just need to stick to the two wheelers??? I am changing the name of my Prowler to the Definition of insanity:(

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
Well I took my Prowler out for a ride last Saturday night in the dunes of Glamis. http://www.utvunderground.com/f46/glamis-night-run-pics-3886.html
pics

It was really nice weather 85 is when we got there. I drove around for about 15 min and warmed it up good and let it sit for a hour. No radiator fluid spitting and no overheating. It ran at about 180 - 190 degrees all night.

So i drove it a little harder and ran up and down the rpm's and it seemed fine. It gets to 50mph so fast and it did 65 plus easy but I didn't push it to hard.

So I put the paddles on and took off, it ran great and we just did the shocks and re mounted the rears so I have a true 14 inch of travel all the way around. I added 5 gallons of fuel and the dam back end bottom out on my again. SO I put some turns on the rear shocks and that helped / fixed the problem for me. I did loose power going up Oldsmobile hill, its a big long hill for those that don't know, super soft sand remember. But it ran great everywhere else until I broke one of the heim attachments two piece bolts.

So my buddies took my kitty off to a pre-planned dyno / mapping expert. Chris at Benchmark performance. He will solve the mapping and loss of power at Olds. And I just got a call that Todd at HRT is going to re-valve and dial in my suspension. The vehicle is there now.

So I must say a big thanks to Jim and Mike at Prestige once again!!! and I will let you know how Benchmark and HRT do on the rest. I am honored to have such class shops working on my ride :)

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
i took my Cat to Benchmark for some tunning. Chris drilled a bung then check my a/f and made sure the engine was running right.

Then he noticed that i was only pulling the 5000 rpms, so we installed 15gram weights, he also notice some of the weights did not wear like we wanted. The new weights will fix this, but noted. The engine now runs 7100rpms and should be a hell of lot better.
Chris told me it was like riding my 450 two wheeler around in 5th gear all the time, just bogging. Chris also tells em there is a lot more in this engine!!! hint hint. He then delivers my ride to HRT for me. Class Act!! also did some front axle cage bear replacement with Prestige's help.

So Todd at HRT looked at my Cat, and he is only working on the rear shock mounts. the front can be adjusted to work and are well built.

So the upper shock Mount on the rear is getting lowered a full inch, The bottom mount tabs are getting moved out 4 1/5 inch's. I will have about 13 inch's of real travel in the rear. It was getting some knee lock on the rear shock previously. So with a rebuilt and re-valved Fox shocks i have i should see good results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000