XP Long Travel Kit?

nolson2

Nov 28, 2011
San Marcos, CA
Any real world experience or thoughts? HCR or Lone Star or other? Seems like there is very little video online.

Picking up an XP4 soon and trying to figure out if it's worth the extra $$$.

Thanks

KenBenson#999

Nov 21, 2011
Queen Creek AZ
I would recommend nothing more than a shock upgrade. Guys race them on stock suspension set up and if they upgrade its generally just a shock improvement. Check out the ELKA replacements.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
2.5" Walker Evans needle shocks = :D

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I run the Jagged X +4 LT Kit with Walker Evans 2.0 Needle and 2.5" Needle shocks. The kit is fricken amazing and is a damn shame to powder coat! By far the nicest Long Travel kit I have ever seen for a RZR. Best part is it works with your factory Walker Evans Racing shocks but you will want a re-valve. I ran it with my stockers and it was good but then I upgraded to new Walker Needles and now its un stoppable!

If you buy HCR you have to go with King, they only sell the kit with King's. Which isn't a bad thing unless you want to run Fox or retain your stock Walkers.

Attachments

nolson2

Nov 28, 2011
San Marcos, CA
Thanks for the reply Joey. There is very little info online, and I know a few people have some long travel set ups. No pricing on the Jagged X, I'm sure its comparable to the HCR kit?

Trying to decide if I should get an XP 4 with long travel, or just wait and save to buy a buggy.

I rode in a XP4 long travel, which I think had a Jagged X kit, and it rode awesome. Only problem was it was in Florida, on smooth conditions.

I assume the revalve on the shocks is $1,000-$1,500?

ROGUE1

Jun 3, 2012
Apple Valley
I had the Dilema on the buggy too, and went with the XP4 . Best move I ever made. I gave it some thought about how I CANT use the buggy on mountain trails, I CANT have 4wd in the buggy..Etc etc...PLUS I just got done purchasing my 8K mendeola transmission ..and still had another 15-18k BEFORE I could get it done, not no mention the endless hours of repacking the CV's after every trip that I wasnt looking forward to. Nothing against buggies...I love them..if I could afford both I would...but for me...the best day is when I sold that buggy project and bought my XP4.

Just my 2cents.

Jason

nolson2

Nov 28, 2011
San Marcos, CA
That's what I'm afraid of Rogue! Too much money and frustration. Maybe have an XP for 2-3 years, and eventually graduate to a 4 seat dual sport when I can afford it.

I agree, the places you can take them, the ease of use, and the versatility is pretty hard to beat.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
That HCR kit is nice but is super heavy. I have also seen them break so many axles it makes me wonder if there is a problem. I think they use summer bros. Which are great axles I had a set before and never had 1 break and I have broken many other axles. Last axle I seen break was on flat ground drag racing and a non turbo engine. The guy told me it his 2nd broke axle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WERACE

Walker Evans Racing - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Feb 23, 2011
Redlands
www.walkerevansent.com
Thanks for the reply Joey. There is very little info online, and I know a few people have some long travel set ups. No pricing on the Jagged X, I'm sure its comparable to the HCR kit?

Trying to decide if I should get an XP 4 with long travel, or just wait and save to buy a buggy.

I rode in a XP4 long travel, which I think had a Jagged X kit, and it rode awesome. Only problem was it was in Florida, on smooth conditions.

I assume the revalve on the shocks is $1,000-$1,500?
Correct, it's about $1,500 to convert the internals and change the springs over to a dual rate Eibach setup, but it's a night and day difference.

nolson2

Nov 28, 2011
San Marcos, CA
HCR kit heavy...I could see that. Maybe the Lone Star kit would be a better fit. Cheaper, probably lighter. Still curious to know what Jagged X charges....

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
First reply was best, Benson said it, Buy the car. Pick your favorite shocks. Done.

Lots of old schoolers think you have to have long travel first thing, This isn't a 2005 Rhino. Buy it. Drive it. You decide.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
i just sent my shocks in to walker evans off the xp4. we will see how they do. i was going to buy the fox podium but changed my mind when cognito said they wont be available tell april. I personally would not do a long travel kit more stress on axles and if iam not mistaken a xp is 8" over a 50" rzr already. but I would upgrade the arms to better steal. just my 2cents.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
First reply was best, Benson said it, Buy the car. Pick your favorite shocks. Done.

Lots of old schoolers think you have to have long travel first thing, This isn't a 2005 Rhino. Buy it. Drive it. You decide.
One of the best comments on UTVUG. I still get people saying that 'you are going to get beat to death in a UTV.' As you said, that was then and this is now. We now have twice the power, and twice the suspension as we did six years ago.

BCARR

Nov 26, 2012
We are in the process of building light weight stock replacement front arms. Upper & lowers. Should have them next week. All boxed chromoly tig welded. Using rod ends instead of ball joints & rod ends on upper arm for camber & caster adjustment. Also a billet tie rod kit with rod ends at both ends.
We've also made long travel kits but its a lot of money & not needed if you set up your car properly.

Bryan @ Carr one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000